PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Ishtanayi (Submissions)

TC-3
22 February 2002, 08:16 AM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1407" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Ishtanayi</a>" located on Submissions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Tramp
22 February 2002, 08:16 AM
This Creature is JUST PLAIN SICK!!!!! NASTY,NASTY, NASTY!!!

Nazgul
22 February 2002, 04:03 PM
That was about what I was going for, :)

Rigil Kent
22 February 2002, 09:52 PM
It kind of reminds me of the Keeper from B5; I may be using one in the near future for my campaign.

See, that's the best part about my job. I get to see everyone's cool ideas and rip them off for my campaign. :D

Dr_Worm
22 February 2002, 10:55 PM
So when it has taken over the host who's skills and atributes superceed? Is it the abbilities of the host or those of the parasite? Or is it the best of both?

Nazgul
23 February 2002, 06:15 AM
I had the idea long before I saw the keepers on B5, but they gave me incentive to refine the idea, to what it is now. I'd say when a host is taken over they keep their all of their abilities/attributes (as the Ishtanayi doesn't replace anything just controls it). The chacacter would still be able to do everything they would normally do but now its almost like they've acquired multiple personalities, and one of the personalities is very powerful. The Ishtanayi cannot use any of the skills or feats that the character has, but it can force the character to use them on its behalf. Not of the character's bonuses or synergies apply to the Isthanayi itself, this gets really weird since its a parasite situation, :).

Oops for the d20 version, I forgot to put Drain Knowledge as one of the creatures skills. Anyways its supposed to be there (So reduce Hide to +13, reduced Telepathy to +10, and add Drain Knowledge at +10).