PDA

View Full Version : Near Future?

bagman19
23 February 2002, 12:17 PM
Just wondering if there was any movement with the Journal? And please don't give me near future! Are we talking months, weeks, what?

GreenCape
7 March 2002, 02:47 AM
Good question. The Journal was great while it was working, so how near in the future can we expect to see it?

bagman19
7 March 2002, 05:17 AM
Well, the fact that it has been nearly two weeks and no response doesn't bode well for the journal's future.

Chris Curtis
7 March 2002, 10:55 AM
Well, I know that the site owners (Tim "Nealos" Salam, Ryan "Darkweji" Matheny, and Chris Bourdeaux) are currently working on acquiring a new/better server from which to run the site. I'm going to wager that most of their efforts are being directed in that direction right now.

Second, I know that all three of them (particularly Tim and Chris) are quite busy with Real Life concerns right now. That's not leaving them much time at all to do anything.

That all having been said, though, I have to agree with the rest of you that it's getting a bit outrageous how long this is all taking. If they don't have time to do it themselves, they probably ought to see if they can recruit some help. Heavens knows there are enough people out there that at least one or two ought to be able to help some. At the very least I'd like to be able to access the old issues even if they weren't in the new site format.

StClair
8 April 2002, 01:49 AM
First of all, I apologize to the readership for not posting an update or responding to your questions. However, the reason I haven't done either is that I simply have no new information myself. Until and unless I hear something from Nealos, there's nothing I can do. I'm just the editor - I have little or nothing to do with the "back end" of the site itself.

As for not reading this forum, that's a combination of not having a reason to come here (no news, remember), my attempts to avoid Ep 2 spoilers as much as possible, and the other usual distractions. Again, I'm sorry.

I do have material in the "slushpile", and if I don't get word soon, I may end up posting it here in the forum(s).

So there's your answer.

Dan Kyrinov
23 April 2002, 09:17 PM
At the gamemaster forums, I read your article on gamemastering in the Star Wars galaxy and really enjoyed it. My friends and I will certainly use it. When I saw a forum for this online journal, I got excited ("There's more!") but was saddened to read the above thread. I hope we see more of the 'slushpile' as you call it at the forums. I never got a chance to read the online journal while it was, well, online... is it mostly a gamemaster digest with tips or does it have a broader focus? I'm curious to see what I am missing.

Armadious
24 April 2002, 08:27 AM
I can probably answer this - though I do not know what K. StClair has on the slush pile right now, I can tell you that past editions of the journal had everything from suppliments, to fan-fic, basicaly if you have an old WEG Adventure Journal, the online one was similar.

fury
24 April 2002, 01:42 PM
If nothing else, is there a projected time for the archived journals being posted? There are a few occasions a reference from one of those would've helped.

StClair
24 April 2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by fury
If nothing else, is there a projected time for the archived journals being posted? There are a few occasions a reference from one of those would've helped.

I know as much as you do. Sorry.

Nealos, are you out there?

Nealos
27 April 2002, 03:39 PM
For a response to these and other issues, please refer to the new thread under "comments" titled "What's Up With Starwars-rpg.net?"

Thanks much,