PDA

View Full Version : Sith background music

scourgicus
2 March 2002, 07:35 AM
In a recent session we used Saviour Machine's Legend Part I (a creepy goth/opera/rock band), and one of the characters (a future Sith) was so inspired he Force Gripped a person to death. The scene played out very evil with "Legen I:II" (a song about the Antichrist) playing in the background. It ended up creeping us out a bit but really helped to finally hate his character (so far he'd been too cool to hate - think Glenn Danzig with short hair - but this one merciless act - against his future mother-in-law - really brought about his final transformation).

So if you're looking for good Sith-ish music I suggest SM. Legend Part I is dark but very melodic. Part II is chaotic and confusing. Part III:I is heavy and melodic. Part III:II isn't out yet.

Hope this is helpful.

Kobayashi_Maru
2 March 2002, 10:10 AM
I like Black Aria by Glenn Danzig for evil background music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donovan Morningfire
2 March 2002, 10:23 AM
A good suggestion is see if you can find a web page that has MP3s or Midi files of tracks from the Final Fantasy games. There's some especially creepy ones in 7 and 8. (Just got 10, but so far nothing really jumps out as being appropriate for a Sith)

dgswensen
2 March 2002, 10:53 AM
If you have cash to spend on CDs for background music, some of the stuff by Suspended Memories (especially <A HREF="http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y04Y0310529Y6359412/qid=1015098653/sr=1-2/103-2571940-9927817">Forgotten Gods</A>), as well as Robert Rich (especially <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000000X7G/qid=1015098649/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/103-2571940-9927817">Troubled Resting Place</A>) both have a lot of creepy, non-intrusive, moody music. I use a lot of background music, but try to stay away from metal or orchestral stuff unless action is taking place -- as I find the crescendos can hit at the wrong moment and ruin a scene. Both the albums I mentioned have a lot of gloomy ambient material that won't ruin your stride.

Of course, for most of my Star Wars gaming, I took my four-disc soundtrack CD boxed set, ripped them, and burned selected tracks two two CDs -- "low gear" and "high gear" -- so I have all the moods I need at my fingertips :)

sirkut
2 March 2002, 12:18 PM
oh man where to start, what i suggest is looking up some Lustmord, or any other "Darkwave"/Ambient band. There are definately a lot to choose from, but I suggest to at least find a preview mp3 and listen to it first. Then go out and buy their cd if you can. They aren't top 10 artists and could really use your money. Imagine underground times 10.

Tony J Case, Super Genius
2 March 2002, 10:30 PM
Although it was an absolutely dreadful movie, the soundtrack to Event Horizon is real creepy - perfect for a infiltrating a Sith temple or such.

Emperor Xanderich II
3 March 2002, 04:48 AM
John Barry has done some spooky music in his time. Also try our The Magician and Mars from Holst's Planets. All excellent.