PDA

View Full Version : Dark Ewoks

Beron Narma
2 March 2002, 06:51 PM
Okay, I have an interesting question to pose to the forum. I am getting ready to begin a Dark Side campaign in the near future, and one of my gamers is dead-set on being a Dark Side-using Ewok Shaman. I, personally, find this idea entertaining and humorous but am curious how to work it into the campaign. I really do want it in the game somehow; creative thinking shouldn't be stifled just because the GM can't easily think of how to use it. Does anyone have any ideas? I would be very appreciative if anyone could help me.

The Admiral
2 March 2002, 07:20 PM
Which era? What kind of game?

Sithspawn
3 March 2002, 03:17 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Logray went down the dark path and was exciled from the Ewok village.

I don't see anything wrong with a Dark Side Ewok Shaman. As Ewoks have an affinity for nature I'd see a Dark Side Shaman as wanting to somehow abuse & pervert this. I have some Ewok Shaman rules on my web page that could be ammended for Dark Siders. New Skills like Feed on Nature, where the Shaman draws strength from the trees & plants, as a result leaving them withered an dead. Create Dark Sentinel, where the Shaman empowers a tree (or forest) with the Dark Side creating an evil area that he can telepathically communicate with. Maybe the dark branches would raise and capture victims at the Shamans command.

I don't see a Shaman as using regualr Jedi skills & foce powers though.

Beron Narma
3 March 2002, 11:21 AM
In response to the question of the era, I believe it is going to be set in the time shortly following Palpatine's death. This doesn't particularly fit into either the Rise of the Empire or New Jedi Order era, so make of it what you will. As far as type of game, I'm really not sure what you're asking. I will hazard a guess, though. Basically, it's going to be a group of force-sensitive criminals who are met and trained by a Dark-Sider. He essentially keeps them around as people to do his bidding in exchange for a place to stay,food, and some spending money. I'm not sure if this is what you were asking, but I tried. Hope it helps.

BrianDavion
3 March 2002, 11:48 AM
well.. in various sources such as the cartoon and the ewoks movie we DO see evidance of dark force witches on Endor, so there certinly is a tardition of the dark side on endor

Reverend Strone
3 March 2002, 01:57 PM
Maybe you could tie in the whole fact that Palpatine died over Endor. Did his evil spirit somehow descend on the moon after his death? Could it have infected an already grey Ewok shaman?

The Admiral
3 March 2002, 06:03 PM
The question of era is mainly to clear up how an Ewok get's off Endor. Post BoE it's a simple question. The moon is known, widely. Prior, it becomes a little more tricky.

If you're playing as basic thugs with nascent Force abilities, then you're basically going to be looking at an Ewok, possibly one who may have been considered as a potential tribe shaman, simply having left Endor (possibly to escape his tribe) and hooked up with some like minded chaps and chapettes for self preservation. If it's IMMEDIATELY post Endor, his most likely route off world would be on a rogue salvager vessel. Perhaps he hid from some Ewok pursuers in a piece of debris, the crushed cockpit of a downed TIE, say, that the salvagers (included some of the other members of the party perhaps) lifted off world because the solar panel was still intact. No time to cut it off, they just lift the entire thing, unwittingly taking Eryk the Evyl with them.

So you have unwiting Ewok, with some limited Force ability, and an evil mind, suddenly dropped into a group of people who are much the same. A chance encounter groups them with their Dark Master, who realises the potential of such a group, properly trained, a formidable force.

Reverend Strone
3 March 2002, 07:03 PM
"Yes, yes, to The Admiral you listen."

Some very nice ideas above.

Perhaps witnessing the Death Star's destruction was a peudo-religious experience for the Ewok. It was the sign he was looking for, the vindication and proof of the rightness of his path.

Another take might stem from witnessing the atrocities of the Empire against some of his people, or family? He may have been driven to his twisted state of mind by the cruelty of the Empire. Now, leaving Endor, he seeks to enact some kind of revenge or vendetta against the Galaxy in retribution for the cruel awakening from innocence it visited upon his people. It has poisoned his heart and turned him into an instrument of darkness and chaos, a walking furry ball of fury- although it's harder to justify him hanging out with other darksiders under this scenario.

Sanjuro
4 March 2002, 01:49 PM
I don't see why a dark sider ewok shawman wouldn't work. If a dark force witch works, a shawman shouldn't be too different. The fact that it is an ewok shouldn't make a difference. B) As far as using jedi skills and force powers, I would use the Shaman Archetype from Gamer #4 and the varients it has listed. B)

Reverend Strone
4 March 2002, 05:29 PM
Sanjuro's notion of using the Shaman template is a lovely idea, and would probably fit very nicely. It might steer the character elegantly towards the DS Devotee PrC for the future advancement too, or possibly even an adapted Ewok variant on the Dark Force Witch?

QWERTY
5 March 2002, 01:50 AM
Ive got an ewok jedi in my party and it is a pain looking for plotlines that involve a 3 foot tall bit of fur if there is a darkside tradition on endor it could explain why he is the only chr in the party that gets darside points continualesly (i cant spell to save my life sorry) and to redeem himself when he goes up a level.

but thanks to you guys i have a plot formig a about a darksider ewok on endor wanting an aprentice. so when the ewok jedi goes back he might just get kiddnapped pulling all the charcters trough a ewok politics plot.

reliant
5 March 2002, 05:39 AM
It makes sense that you could have an Ewok darkside character. Probably just be an Ewok Force Adept... Maybe he doesn't even know he's using the darkside (thus he isn't overtly evil) and is just vengeful and angry instead of outright evil.