PDA

View Full Version : Current State of the Imperial Remnatns Milliatry

Grand Admiral Jason
6 March 2002, 02:51 PM
What is the current state of the Imperial Remants millitary? Like how many ISDs, SSDs, VSDs, TIE craft and other Imperial weapons.
:?

Nova Spice
7 March 2002, 08:36 AM
Answer: Not good.

I believe they have around 200 Imps and Vics. No SSDs of course. Probably 100,000 or more TIEs. Although this info was guestimated from the Hand of Thrawn Duology and since the Vong entered, the Imps have been beefing up their military, building ships, and constructing shipyards.

Im guessing around 230 Imps and Vics now. 110,000 TIEs maybe?

Otonashi
21 March 2002, 05:44 AM
There is another SSD, called the Singularity. It was described in one of the Gamer mags. It was the flagship of the Imperial Intelligence core, headed by a Dark Side devotee called Blackhole. It's pretty cool, the whole ship including the TIE squadron, Stormtroopers, AT-ATs, et al. are covered in the Stygian Cloaking Technology. This Blackhole guy went into hiding long before Palpatine bit it above Endor.

Nova Spice
21 March 2002, 07:24 AM
I'm familiar with the ship, but its not an SSD. Its an ISD and really, that ship wouldn't make much of a difference even if it can be cloaked. ;)

Axis Kast
17 April 2002, 12:26 PM
Realistically, I'd suggest that the Imperial Remnant fields a handful of aging Imperial- and Victory-class vessels. They'd be rapidly building a series of newer Mark II Star Destroyers, but at a far lesser pace than was seen even in Thrawn's day.

Given the state of the Empire in Stackpole's novels, I'd say that they possess relatively little firepower outside their home sectors. Fleet potential probably doesn't even match some of the orbital or security assemblies surrounding Bastion and Yaga Minor.

Although the Empire possessed many bases, forward outposts, long-reach garrisons, and perhaps eight major shipyards in the Unknown Regions before Palpatine's death, how many of these could possibly maintain long-range contact with Bastion, half a galaxy away? Almost none.

The Remnant is most likely "shrinking" in pure terms with the passing of each cycle. They've no reedeming economic or military facilities of note and all sources seem to point out that the Yhuuzan Vong invasion has them fearful of invasion and survival let alone economic momentum. I suspect that with Pallaeon's death, we'll either see the Chiss move in to stabilize the Empire or "lose" the Remnant to a "second era" of infighting.

In military capacity, a handful of TIE fighters, interceptors, bombers, scouts, and assault craft will linger. I concur with the 100,000 estimation, even if that appears to be on the high end. I wouldn't award the Remnant with more than 150 Star Destroyers, however, most of them the older Victory-type.

Mathis Kharr
18 April 2002, 02:58 AM
i think the remenent is buffing the hell outa thier defenses, they have plenty of time it seems sense the vong havn't even tried to enter thier territory this ghives them what they need to do just that. I am betting we will see what they have within the next few books.