PDA

View Full Version : Yoda and the Sith

lordbynight
7 March 2002, 06:31 PM
Yes, but the 'Rule of Two' would be ultra secert stuff. In order to know that Yoda would have to know that the Sith survived. How else would Yoda know that they survived unless...

I was just reading the postings on what yoda is and then the sith rule of two. It makes me put 2 and 2 together and come up with a cool concept at least I think so.

What if yoda was an sith socery alchemy experiment makeing him small and ugly and very strong in the force. Maybe he was to be trained in the darkside but it failed so he knew alot of the sith and then managed to escape??

Just a thought

darth maim
7 March 2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by lordbynight
Yes, but the 'Rule of Two' would be ultra secert stuff. In order to know that Yoda would have to know that the Sith survived. How else would Yoda know that they survived unless...

Where is this from and why is this a new thread? I'm confused....

kailhun
8 March 2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by lordbynight

What if yoda was an sith socery alchemy experiment makeing him small and ugly and very strong in the force. Maybe he was to be trained in the darkside but it failed so he knew alot of the sith and then managed to escape??

Just a thought

Yoda is a Sith homunculus? :?

Robert:

Emperor Xanderich II
8 March 2002, 01:22 AM
lordbynight can you please clarify the context of your thread. thanks

BillyBeanbag
8 March 2002, 05:18 AM
No, Yoda's a different species... so is Yaddle

BrianDavion
8 March 2002, 06:41 AM
as for the rule of two, yoda wasn't quoting sith doctorine, he was just saying something rather obvious. most force trained people take an apprentice.... thus by Yoda's reasoning there was proably at least ONE other sith around

bmenges
8 March 2002, 08:00 AM
(Is this in regards to my post in Rule of Two on page 3?)

This discussion brings up an interesting point. How did Yoda and Mace Windu know that there was a rule of two if they had thought the Sith had been extinct for a millenia? Does this reflect that they may have known more than they let on, or did they simply finally decide to use the force to determine if there were Sith, and came upon the rule of two.

Ah, but Yoda says "Always two, there are, no more, no less." Meaning that the Sith always have an apprentice. Something with which Mace Windu concurred. It sounded as if he knew something that was kept secret from the rest of the order. Doubtful that he was a Sith experiment gone awry. He has been a Jedi for hundreds of years, he probably would have informed the order by now that the Sith were still around. The fact that we don't know what species he is would be explained by the fact the GL has said "hands off, he's mine" to all of the authors out there.

Master Dao Rin
9 March 2002, 03:12 PM
Since the Jedi have a similiar "rule", and the Sith were formed by a group of disgruntled, disillusioned Jedi, then it goes to follow. Presumably, the Sith took the Jedi Arts and Teachings and merely twisted their meaning with the taint of the Dark Side. I think Jedi could make educated guesses at to how the Sith work quite easily.

Rick Vogt
10 March 2002, 12:26 PM
Yoda is definetly a piece of work to be querried over, and wondered about for many years to come.......The only true answer is tha GL is the one who decides who and what yoda is.......Although I can see the reasoning behind your thoughts on Yoda......I definetly have to say I would disagree with them.

Yoda has shown that he's more intelligent than most would even think about.....and he is definetly not to be taken lightly......his knowledge about the Sith is undoubtedly due to Farseeing. He has powers even GL hasn't made quite clear yet. So, for the time being I'm just gonna say Yoda is Yoda......a great package of knowledge, and force power/understanding.

I do like the line you were thinking on though.....it's an interesting theory.....which could possibly explain some things......unfortunately they don't give us much to go on about Yoda.....so we are just going to have to make guesses here and there about him.

:)

I had to edit this .....I wanted to say something else.

As this is an RPG world......who's to say that in your RPG world that Yoda isn't a Sith experiment........I mean, seriously.....that's the wonderful part of it....you can go off on your own line and make anything plausible......so more power to ya for trying. :D

Kobayashi_Maru
13 March 2002, 06:58 AM
I would have to agree with Master Dao, on his conclusion. I read in TotJ that there were Jedi that would study Sith artifacts such as holocrons. With Master Dao's idea, the continueing study of Sith artifacts for Knowledge I would have to say that The Jedi Council had info that you just don't go telling; until the proper time arrives.

Another idea I read was that Yoda was arround during the end of Darth Bane (whom I think made the rule of two) and therefore knew from personal experience of the Rule of Two.

Dark Knight
16 March 2002, 12:31 AM
How does he know? He's frickin yoda for crying out load. Have you guys ever seen a talking green muppet other than kermit the frog? If you did do you think you would listen to what he said and not ask stupid questions? nuff said.

Uncle Fuzz
17 March 2002, 12:30 PM
More than Likely, maybe within the first couple of generations after Darth Bane made the Rule of two, The jedi had a run in with the Sith, Master and apprentice, learned the rule, and thought that at that point they had eradicated the sith from the Galaxy. Thus explaining both Yoda's coments, and Mace believing the Sith were destroyed a millium before. This would be knowlegde any senior member of the Jedi Councel would know.

DirkGreystoke
17 March 2002, 01:25 PM
If Yoda were in league with the Sith, or even a Sith, then he would have never trained Luke to take down Vader and the Emporer. And surely Ben in his etherial state would never have sent Luke to him for training. You notice that when Yoda is not the only Jedi who knows something about the Sith, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Mace Windu speak up as well. It looks to me that Jedi learn a few things about the Sith in their general studies of Jedi lore. According to GL, the Sith were started by rouge Jedi who broke off from the order. It only makes sense the orginal entity, in this case the Jedi Order, would know a thing or two about them.

darth maim
18 March 2002, 12:06 AM
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way backing a theory that Yoda is a sith or even remotely connected to them. Just playing the devil's advocate.

Originally posted by DirkGreystoke
If Yoda were in league with the Sith, or even a Sith, then he would have never trained Luke to take down Vader and the Emporer. And surely Ben in his etherial state would never have sent Luke to him for training.

This is flawed logic. Yoda trained Luke as a living weapon to take out two powerful Sith lords who had wiped out the Jedi before. Yoda hid while all of this went down... Sith are known to be cunning and sly which would explain why Obi Wan would have directed Luke to him (Why would Obi Wan know that Yoda had ulterior motives) as well as why Yoda would have played things the way he did...

Think of it this way... Yoda is not a top rate fighter right? His skills seem to fall more to a mental and force based level (as do the Emporer's). He allows the Jedi to be purged by these two guys (also resulting in the physical weakening of Anakin who is shaping up to be one of the best fighter's around)[probably entirely unplanned for but hey it's a nice bonus). He throws a this child is the last hope of freeing the galaxy at Obi Wan and has Luke hidden until he is old enough to do some damage. (He wouldn't train him from a young age for a couple of reasons 1) he would have a greater chance at being discovered at too early a stage in his plans and 2) He might become too powerful and not want to take his dad down.) So Luke comes of age and he is retrieved. He is trained for the sole purpose of being a weapon and killing Vader (possibly even the Emp). Yoda tells him he is now ready and the galactic chess match begins. a fighter on each side being controlled by a mastermind Sith... winner take all. Yoda is confident enough to send Luke against his crippled father without telling him it is in fact his father... seems pretty cunning and underhanded to me. It's just unfortunate that age finally caught up to him or I'm sure this is just the sort of thing that would have been uncovered.

Another theory (moving into the NJO)

Maybe Yoda's spirit was just hanging around until Mara was pregnant and then a transfer essence later Ben is the Uber Jedi who heals mom from the womb... kinda makes you think huh?

lordbynight
19 March 2002, 09:24 PM
I never said that Yoda was in league with the Sith only that maybe just maybe he was a failed experiment failed in the way that he went to the light side and took all the information of the sith with him..

Like I said I use Yoda in my game this way its just a differant outlook..

Mathis Kharr
26 March 2002, 04:13 PM
I myself have allways wondered why when all the Jedi believed that the sith died in the last conflict 1000 years ago suddenly Yoda pipes in that there can oly be two a master and apprentice yet the Jedi believed they were extinct.. No one knew bayne survived.