PDA

View Full Version : looking for players ... d20 sw crossover: play - by post game

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 March 2002, 08:37 PM
Ok, here's the scoop:

1. Its a Star Wars d20 based game. It's a crossover with Robotech universe. If you like robotech and familiar with it, this might be for you!

2. It's happening in an EZ-board message forums... Play by Post style.

3. game updates are usually every 48hrs aprox or a bit later.

4. We have 4 GM's in the game, each by turn playing a chapter. The GM starts the update thread and gives the players the outline for the update.

5. We're short on players both in the robotech & starwars types.

6. Its a mix of WotC & Palladium, ship stats have already been converted to work smoothly.

About the crossover and how it's being played:

Time periods:
REF: post Sentinals era
SW: New Republic Era - 10ABY (give or take a year, subject to corrections)

A robotech REF fleet (post sentinals) has mis-folded into the SW galaxy in the outer rim area, just rimward from Bespin & the ISON corridor. SW point of insertion is the New Republic Era: 10ABY.

Chapter 1 is nearing to a close but it's been focused on getting the ref oriented from their mishap and introduction of 3 sw chars me (my char Terras Jadeonar), a jedi master, and another sw spacer

Chapter 2 will be getting the ref's fleet wet and showing them around the sw galaxy as us few already introduced sw chars "galaxy guide" them and try to aquisition supplies for the large fleet... lots of encounters of mixed type...

Point of the game will be to have fun exploring how the REF will do in the galaxy while trying to find a way back to their universe... the 3 sw chars ingame already will be helping them along the way. We're short on players to fill some gaps in the REF fleet - the Hover Tank division, and lots more SW chars of all types needed: good, bad & inbetween...

we use YIM to chat out of character about the gameplay and do a question & answer type peroid every other night... 7-10pm (-6 GMT timezone)

please, feel free to contact me, and the 4 GM's about the game if your interested on YIM

me: lot_c_jadesfire
the 4 GM's:
"Doc" Paradox : paradox_zero_one
Iamvanger: iamvanger
KnightStalker: hellspawn49
OniNinja 3: onininja3

misc info:

I myself will be introducing a new sw char (my secondary character) as a game specific person to help in the "aquisitioning" of supplies... those who read my [stats] scoundel: theif / dancer thread in the d20 game discusion, this is the char i'm talking about or go here to read:
Sw char Scoundrel: Dancer / Theif (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=66792#post66792)

my main char page & stats & ship stats:
http://www.legionsofthunder.freeservers.com/Terras/Terras.htm

my friend's sw char stats:
http://www.legionsofthunder.freeservers.com/Jek/Jek.htm

Master_thorin
8 March 2002, 12:41 PM
I am totally into this but I need the Ezboard adress to go to it:D hook me up yo

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 March 2002, 02:41 PM
thats the name ya go by on there i asume?

sending you an e-mail proveded your listed e-mail adress is valid ... :)

We're trying to not rake in 50+ unidentified guests and lurkers, thats why i didn't post the url ...

by all means, give me an e-mail or contact me by the listed messengers in my profile! we'd love to have ya aboard!

tomcha the ewok tie pilot
26 March 2002, 08:30 PM
nub nub, hey jades it's me sturm:D well guys i'm already in the game but as he said we need more people i my self am a ground pounder and will soon have a secondary as a pilot. come on guys, the galaxy is waiting

tomcha the ewok tie pilot
26 March 2002, 08:40 PM
nub nub, hey jades it's me sturm:D well guys i'm already in the game but as he said we need more people i my self am a ground pounder and will soon have a secondary as a pilot. come on guys, the galaxy is waiting

Dr_Worm
26 March 2002, 09:06 PM
What kind of character types are you looking for? I haven't watched Robotech since I was 12, but you know I can write, and love characterization. You already have my email address, I'll check it out.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 March 2002, 04:09 PM
Check your e-mail Dr. Worm :)

If ya like it, we're more than happy to have ya ...

If ya don't care for it... not a problem, I can't expect it to be everyone's cup of tea :)

Strikerkc
1 April 2002, 02:38 PM
I would like to play as well, i have no idea what kind of PC i'm gona make. all i know is that it will be a SWRPG based charachtor :( sory guys, but i'm not exactly an expert on battle tech. But i can learn :D

Master_thorin
2 April 2002, 05:24 AM
Are they standard swrpg characters???? for Star wars players anyway

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 April 2002, 10:46 AM
Are standard d20 classes or multi classes ...

I and one other are using the d20 char classes since the game mixed with Palladium rules ...

The GM's are still racking their brains on how to work the d20 char classes or make a conversion that works for both palladium & sw d20 :p

here's the confusion factor:

Part of the Palladium rules for chars is that a lvl6 robotech char is only ranked by it's highest level of OOC skill classes:
Maj. Stevens is a level 6 MP, lvl 5 VF pilot, lvl 4 Intel Agent and lvl 3 Special Forces operative ...

that above is a lvl 6 gm char as all the other rt chars are lvl 3-4

for best results, I made a lvl6 char, but its multi-classed lvl3 / lvl3 rather than a pure lvl6 char... If you look at that in palladium sort of way, my Char is only a lvl3: (lvl3 solder , lvl 3 scoundrel) but still gets the benifits of the ability & misc modifiers. the only other reasoning is that lvl6 d20 sw chars are equaly to lvl4 rt chars...

I'm still trying to figure it out with the GM's to work a feasable solution. I dont know Palladium, nor am I familiar with it. Nor do I like expect evryone from this d20 / d6 forum who wants in to automatically scrap what they know to learn palladium.

Master_thorin
2 April 2002, 04:41 PM
Expect a Soldier Scout named Vectim Thorin tomorrow... What forum?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 April 2002, 07:41 PM
I just fired an e-mail to both your home & school addy's ... will be cool see'ing ya in the game ... more the merrier ... and we do need sw chars

Dr_Worm
2 April 2002, 10:39 PM
I heard back from one of the GMs, but I really don't want to learn a new system. My character is a 6th level Scout/Soldier/Scoundrl with a small fighter that is modeled after Swordfish from Cowboy Be Bop. I have been lloking for agame for her, but I just am not in to the conversion aspect. I don't need a new game to buy.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2002, 10:14 PM
The GM's finally decided to let the d20 char stats stay as is... rather than converting them over... they're working on a conversion system that'll handle everything on their side ... makes it easier for all of us who kbow the d20 system

So, Dr. Worm,, if your still interested we'd still be happy to have ya...

Same for ya StrikerKc & Master Thorin... and everyone else who was interested... d20 stats it is!

Funny how it works eh? could have saved a bunch of hassle & headache in the middle process .... I'm just a player... I'm not a GM ...

Dr_Worm
4 April 2002, 11:11 PM
Yea I just sent my character over, another female, with stats and pics of her ship. What wil happen next? I already have a login on the board.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2002, 11:34 PM
They'll havit it a look over... if the char is force capable, sensing or adept i've not a clue but would require final aproval by OniNinja (Master RIann) as he's the force authority of the GM's (due to there not being the jedi academy established yet)

All I can think of is between you and them, find a suitable way to come into the game... if ya have an idea run it by them or see if they have any suggestions... perhaps some of your char's background story would help that out.

after that... its just a matter of being ready to take your cue for when your char walks into the game... usually its we come across you or you will come across us by some means... Time to get creative about it :)

since you have a login already there... it'd help if the GM's know the user name your using... many a times people will wander in and we'll all be asking each other the "who's who? identity"

Last but not least.. in the mean time... drop into the OOC lounge and start a thread.. introduce yourself to the group. a friendly hello is always a nice way to let everyone know of your presence :)

Hmm, if your really into writing, feel free to write up a story or two (or three or more :) ) about your char in the "StoryTellers" section ... lots of us enjoy a good read, equally as much as some of us like typing up one :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 April 2002, 12:03 AM
For everyone who's signed into or just signing into the game from here:

While waiting to get your character into the game (usually after submiting to the GM's and waiting feedback & starting info), or the wait inbetween updates once your in the game:

OOC Lounge: introduce yourself to the group ... chat about anything ... get to know the other players and talk about the game "out of character" :)

Storytellers: If your into reading stories, this is a great place to go... you'll find stories about some of the chars in the game. Also, if your char has a story to tell (or lots of them), feel free to type it up and share them! Its a great opertunity to get to know the chars past acomplishments and such.

Archives: This is much like a data repository for RT & SW related stuff... For instance, I have a thread called "Limited SW TimeLine" ... Its good for placing events in relation to the game and general knowledge... By all means if you want to contribute something to it, feel free to ... Even if its notable key events or things from your char's background -if you want to then post it!

Mission Briefing: There's 39 updates to current standing in the finales of Chapter 1... Feel free to goto page 2 and read the "Wherever your at..." thread and read up from there... If ya curious how the game led up to its current point... This is the best way to do it ...

The Citadel: For those who want to post their char stats for viewing & discusion, this is the place to do it...

Create a sig for your char! simple or fancy, its your choice. It uses html codes, and I posted a "How-To" in the OCC lounge if ya wanna get fancy :) (the ez-board dont update to relfect the new sig cnages so a new post is required to see the effects. make as many posts in the "how-to" or "sigs" thread as ya need to thats what they are for.
- One tip: for the new lines or spaces, ya need a <br> html tag at the end of each line...
- Another tip: open up notepad (or equivalant) to type up your sig in full with fancy codes and everything... then paste it into the little box.. Its just eeasier that way (especially going fancy like the sig i made)

Edit your user account info "profile" to reflect a brief background for your char ... great place for something small about your char. Find me(user: JadesFire) in any of the areas or threads and give mine profile a look for an example

Find an Icon to represent your char. 60x60 jpg or gif ...
- If you already have an icon and a personal webpage to host it on, or send it to the gm's as they have a page for hust that.
- Or send me a pic via e-mail you want made into an icon for you. I've done lots for others with editing and custom touch up jobs. (just request what you want done...) If you have a pic on your machine already to use or send, great! if not, start looking for one :)

In the forums, theres no limit or constraints regarding going back to a post and editing it unless a thread has been "locked" ... For some, this means they can type up their story a bit at a time, or for me if i want to add more to the timeline i posted...