PDA

View Full Version : Name Please

vongkiller
9 March 2002, 11:30 AM
I've heard lots of rumors of the name of Episode two anyone who things they know the real one tell me

Grand Admiral Jason
9 March 2002, 11:41 AM
Attack of the Clones.

Reverend Strone
9 March 2002, 04:41 PM
There's no speculation here, the name is confirmed and The Grand Admiral is correct.

vongkiller
9 March 2002, 05:56 PM
o sorry my bad thanx anyway

vongkiller out

Jastor
14 March 2002, 01:28 AM
I really really hope that the name AotC is just another "Revenge of the Jedi"

he have done it before, why not again?

DOWN WITH CRAPPY TITLES!

Deck
14 March 2002, 09:32 AM
Just for the record, there was quite some argument about the official title. Really lots of fans didn't like the title <i>Attack of the Clones</i>. They thought it sounded not good. I have to admit that I was not very happy with it either, when I first heard about it. You can look at one of the archived polls on TheForce.Net dealing with names for Episode II. Take <a href="http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/surveys/survey163.shtml" target=_blank><b>this link</b></a>.

Iris
14 March 2002, 09:46 AM
Personally I don't think it's such a bad name. Of the original trilogy the only outstanding name was "The Empire Strikes Back". Come on, what kind of name is "A New Hope'?

We accept "A New Hope" because we were all introduced to it as just plain Star Wars. As we got older, we realized the chapter name was really "A New Hope" and we accepted it with little griping because it was still simply Star Wars. When the Star Wars - A New Hope Special Edition was released, it was the first time the "offical" name of the chapter was linked with the name Star Wars; again, no complaints because it was already 20 years beyond being accepted.

Now we are older Star Wars fans. Our tastes have changed, some slightly, some drastically, but our love for Star Wars remains. In the years since RotJ we have all created our vision of the Star Wars history. We all have our own ideas of what is "right" for Star Wars and anything that doesn't quite match up is highly ritaculed.

What it boils down to is that this is George Lucas' tale to tell. He'll tell it in his way, the way he feels it needs to be done. This includes titling.

When all is said and done, it's still Star Wars. The name doens't matter. The story and adventure matters. The feeling of being in a time "long long ago in a Galaxy far far away" matters. In the end that's why I watch Star Wars; that why I'll be in line opening day to see "Attack of the Clones".

Deck
14 March 2002, 10:03 AM
<b>Iris</b>, I didn't say that I hated the name, or that I still consider it strange. It was unfamiliar at the beginning, but I think we all got used to it, and can live with it well. And what does the title really mean? The movie will be great! That counts. :)

Please don't let us make another thread, shouting and ranting about the title of the new movie. ;)

Iris
14 March 2002, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to "attack" you and your comments, Deck. That wasn't my intention at all. I was just trying to state my opinion on that title and why that is my opinion.

If it came off otherwise, I'm sorry.

darth maim
14 March 2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Iris
Personally I don't think it's such a bad name. Of the original trilogy the only outstanding name was "The Empire Strikes Back". Come on, what kind of name is "A New Hope'?

"The Empire Strikes Back" is just a description of what the key overlying plot element in the movie is... This is actually mirrored in "Attack of the Clones" Also, haven't you noticed the mirroring of the original titles in length and feel? This couldn't be simply coincidence. "A new Hope" Luke is brought in to take out the "evil empire"... "The Phantom Menace" sidious/Palpatine is introduced as a mysterious evil figure benton galactic conquest and espionage.