PDA

View Full Version : Enough with ranting with WEG.

Grand Admiral Jason
9 March 2002, 05:02 PM
Okay, this enough!! :mad: Everybody is having problems with WEG's stats for just bout everything!! JUST PLEASE DROP IT!! JUST WRITE UP TO WEG AND YELL AT THEM!!

vongkiller
9 March 2002, 05:40 PM
geeez anger control problems
here's 2 questions what is WEG and how do you get them/it/him/her to rate you higher

Reverend Strone
9 March 2002, 07:35 PM
Vongkiller,
WEG stands for West End Games. They published the old d6 system Star Wars game. some of the folks herabouts have issues with the stats WEG have given things. It's quite a regular topic of debate. Stick around a while and you'll see what the Grand Admiral means.

To offer another point of view to GAJ, I would say thet the Holonet exists for the considering and debate of published SW RPG stats. It's great to come here and read other's insights or issues with published stats, WoTC or WEG. As a GM you can graze the various viewpoints and accordingly take away alterations to apply to the stats you use in your game, often correcting problems others have struck in advance of running into them into your own games.

Regarding rating, I'm not sure what you mean Vong, but the best way to earn a higher user rating (and it takes time) is to be selective about what you post, being sure to check that it's accurate, insightful or helpful, and doesn't repeat what someone might have already posted only recently, or is in any way offensive towards another user. Bottom line, just be polite and considerate and folks will warm to you and look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Jastor
9 March 2002, 08:41 PM
im going to sue you! for lying about what i think and feel... nah, j/k

BUT the only problem ive had so far, was with the first version of star wars rpg. with the second edition most of thoose problems went away, and the few that stayed left have we taken care of and is no longer of any concern.

still alive and kicking :) if it really was that bad, i wouldnt hav played it for the last 9 years ;) (i play more than just Star Wars but its my #1 )

Grand Admiral Jason
10 March 2002, 05:19 AM
Yeah your right. But people should also write to WEG about theirr problems.

Armadious
10 March 2002, 09:11 AM
I am agreeing with revstrone on this.

Basicaly the only place to talk, argue and prehaps persuade people of your opinion of D6 material like stats and rules is with the rest of the comunity, meaning these boards, which are designed for disussion of the SWRPG, both the D20 and the D6 incarnations.

Besides writing WEG probably will not help any - they no longer even have the license (Sadly), and for all I know do not even reply to questions / demands, etc regarding SW. They no longer have any offical say in that goes into the universe.

What I am saying is this, if there is a problem with either set of rules, this is the place to bring it up and talk / argue / discuss it with members of the the SWRPG community. Just writing WEG is not going to get anything accomplished. Writing WOTC migh, for they have the power to 'Correct' in somewhays errors. (Well if you can get ahold of the orriginal aurthors at WEG, you could ask them where they were comming from.)

For example recently there has been a discussion on Y-wings, if I remember right Y-wings first appeared in the Star Wars Sourcebook 1st ed. Now WEG does not have any offical say anymore but one of the fellows who wrote it does, and he is reacheable at WOTC: Bill Salavicsek. So what is the point of yelling at WEG when they do not even have the authors there anymore?