PDA

View Full Version : who made who?

vongkiller
9 March 2002, 06:21 PM
Okay. Correct me if I'm wrong Anikan+Padme=Luke, but in Episode one anikan looks 9 and padme looks 15 is there really that much of an age difference or is it a "movie illusion"?

P.S. I bet they'll look the same age in Episode two, though

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
9 March 2002, 06:26 PM
I believe that there is a 9 year gap between TPM and AotC which would make them both legal consentting adults.

Plus I don't think they are going to have the twins until Ep. 3 anyway which only gives them more time.

vongkiller
9 March 2002, 06:30 PM
thanx Frobi-Won

P.S. keep the "opinions" comin people

dgswensen
9 March 2002, 06:36 PM
I heard it was ten years, but otherwise, what he said.

Grand Admiral Jason
10 March 2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
Plus I don't think they are going to have the twins until Ep. 3 anyway which only gives them more time.

They might have the twins at the end of Episode II, because I think everything that could go wrong in Episode III, will go wrong, so having twins in Episode III, probally won't work.
Maybe, Luke and Leia, were both cloned!!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
10 March 2002, 09:19 AM
I sincerely doubt that lucas is going to stretch AotC out for over 9 months of movie time. And them being cloned is absurd.

dgswensen
10 March 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Grand Admiral Jason
They might have the twins at the end of Episode II, because I think everything that could go wrong in Episode III, will go wrong, so having twins in Episode III, probally won't work.
It would be very easy for Lucas to start Episode III with Luke and Leia having already been born, or shuffle Amidala to the back burner to have her give birth while the Galaxy is falling apart. I don't see any problems with her having the twins in Episode III.

Bombaatu
10 March 2002, 08:47 PM
Possible Spoiler.... (scroll down to read)

I've read in a script review that we see the secret marriage of Padme and Anakin towards the very end of Ep. II. I would not be surprised to see the twins being born around the middle of Ep III, with Padme moving to Alderaan with Bail Organa while Obi-Wan takes Luke to Tatooine.

bagman19
10 March 2002, 10:02 PM
So, lemme get this straight, that means that Leia's full name is Leia Naberrie Amidala Skywalker Organa Solo? Wow.

Gulmyros
10 March 2002, 10:12 PM
Heh, that's pretty funny.

Good one, Bagman!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 March 2002, 05:30 AM
when scrolling through frame by frame... I could have sworn anakin and her looked and acted the same age...

sorry folkks but i serriously think that natalie did a better job portyaing a 15-16yr old than she's doing a 25-26yr old char... It just dosn't show...
Especially when we see everyone else in the movie jump a good 9 yrs in age...

I think they should have

Tramp
11 March 2002, 08:09 AM
In Ep1 anakin was 9 and Amidala was 14. Ep2 is ten years later so Anakin is now 19 and Amidala is 24. As far as their children they will be born in Ep3. George Lucas stated that back long before the release of Ep1.

BrianDavion
11 March 2002, 11:37 AM
as for how portman seems to play an adault... wait a bit, we haven't seen much of her, and maybe she just is a Very young looking 24 year old :)

darth maim
14 March 2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BrianDavion
as for how portman seems to play an adault... wait a bit, we haven't seen much of her, and maybe she just is a Very young looking 24 year old :)

Since that's about accurate I'd say that's it... come on guys you do realize she ISN'T actually 15 right?!

BrianDavion
14 March 2002, 01:42 PM
right, about now Portman's about... I'd say 19 or 20... now.

darth maim
14 March 2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BrianDavion
right, about now Portman's about... I'd say 19 or 20... now.

She was born in like June of 81 so she's almost 21. Her acting older than 14 shouldn't be difficult. Besides women don't age that obviously (aside from certain developments)... guys on the other hand look quite different between the ages of 9 and 18. This should help explain why they are beginning to look the same age.

Dark Knight
15 March 2002, 10:17 PM
I like to think of it as Natalie Portman can be whatever age Lucas wants her to be as long as she is in the movies. :D :D :D

Can i hear an amen?

darth maim
16 March 2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I like to think of it as Natalie Portman can be whatever age Lucas wants her to be as long as she is in the movies. :D :D :D

Can i hear an amen?

I'm with you guy... SHE IS TOO FINE!!

Dark Knight
16 March 2002, 09:54 PM
You Daaaaaaamn right.

Tramp
18 March 2002, 11:21 AM
ALRIGHT PEOPLE, GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE SEWERS AND BACK UP INTO THE GUTTER WHERE IT BELONGS!

reliant
21 March 2002, 11:22 AM
According to her web page (which I just looked up) she is actually 21 (born June 9, 1981). She just LOOKS like she's 15. Which sucks, because the actor playing Anakin looks like he could be older than her... Like someone said though, everyone else looks older, but she looks the same. I dunno what they could have done about that (short of casting someone else for the second movie)...

darth maim
21 March 2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by reliant
According to her web page (which I just looked up) she is actually 21 (born June 9, 1981). She just LOOKS like she's 15. Which sucks, because the actor playing Anakin looks like he could be older than her... Like someone said though, everyone else looks older, but she looks the same. I dunno what they could have done about that (short of casting someone else for the second movie)...

Again though this could be easily explained by the different ways that men and women develop. Men look VERY different between 9 and 18... Women not so much between 14 and 23... sure a little (and she does look slightly older (less body concealment) but not as spectacular as the male development over these ages.

Cordova Bossk
21 March 2002, 05:28 PM
ok people minds back to the sewers I would first of all like to state that dark knight and darth maim are ABSOLUTL POSITIVELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. she FINE repeat: she FINE

Mathis Kharr
18 April 2002, 02:36 AM
Hey it can happen when i was 17 i dated a 27 year old woman.. wowy..=P