PDA

View Full Version : Huttese

Jastor
9 March 2002, 08:24 PM
long have it been discussed and talked about the making of a couple of "learn a star wars language" (or similiar) which where to start with huttese. a speech professor (again or similiar) (or a couple) studied the star wars movies and have made it up (with the one that made up the languages to the movies).. a little like the klingon academy (where you learn klingon).. damn i want to learn huttese :)

dgswensen
10 March 2002, 12:09 AM
Well, while it isn't a comprehensive guide to the language, if you pick up <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345440749/qid=1015751226/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_7_1/102-6217311-6694534">Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide: Beeps, Bleats, Boskas, and Other Common Intergalactic Verbiage </A>, you'll find an excellent starting point. It contains a lot of phrases and sample sentences. If nothing else, it's an invaluable tool for spicing up your SW games with a little "authentic" language.

(I had a PC once who had complete command of the Huttese phrases contained in this book. He played a foul-mouthed, lecherous Dug who switched between Basic and Huttese constantly. Confused everyone. Amused the heck out of me. :))

Never does explain exactly what "Bo shuda" means, though. Blast.

Jastor
10 March 2002, 12:15 AM
the phrase book youre talking about isnt the one im mentiioning (ive heard about it before) . but if you was amased by the huttese from that book, you would be "something something" about the other one.. when/if it comes