PDA

View Full Version : Vashell Sector preview launch!

The Admiral
11 March 2002, 03:10 PM
TORIS is pleased to announce that the Vashell Sector has been launched. This initial preview launch covers all fifty worlds of the Sector.

This represents a rebirth of sorts for my long established gaming world. Vashell has been years in the making, and is finally presented to the world at large. :-)

Future sections to be added include characters and technology, the corporations, and sections on the main protagonists.

Deano
11 March 2002, 03:16 PM
Here's the link:

http://starwars-rpg.net/toris/vashell/

Deano

Chris Curtis
11 March 2002, 03:36 PM
Looks great so far, guys! In fact, I might even go so far as to say it's "fantabulous"!!

I can't wait to see what else you've got for the sector, Admiral. I'm particularly looking forward to some type of history/general background for the sector as a whole. Anyway, great job and keep up the fine work!

Deano
31 March 2002, 12:52 AM
Any comments at all out there??

Deano

Ghost In The Holocron
31 March 2002, 01:43 AM
Wow. I must say -- it looks great! Very well-detailed by the looks of things. And you say this is just a preview!?! Nice map -- but it could be a bit clearer though. Wish I had the moxie to pull-off creating an entire sector like you guys have. Looks like you all are having lots of fun with it. Good luck on the sector's development!

madpoet
31 March 2002, 06:04 AM
All I can say is that your preview is more detailed than most of my finished sectors. Good work, I look forward to seeing more of it.

Rouge8
31 March 2002, 11:12 AM
Is this site going to be D20 or D6? Just a question.

Chris Curtis
31 March 2002, 09:21 PM
While The Admiral is the one doing the site, I can actually answer this question.

Stats for items for the sector will be in D6 format. However, I'm sure if someone were willing to convert the material to d20, then he'd have no problems with including those so that d20 gamers could more easily enjoy the sector.

Having said that, though, even if stats are presented in only D6 format, d20 player should still be able to get a lot of use out of the information. The Admiral is well-known for having great descriptions and backgrounds, so the stats are almost superfulous for the material. With the kind of depth and thought that he gives his material, you should be able to use it in any game system with little trouble. After all, it's not all that hard to come up with some numbers (stats) -- the hard part is coming up with the idea in the first place.

Of course, Ben can correct me on any of this that he may feel like...

The Admiral
1 April 2002, 03:58 AM
D20? D20?! Eek!

If anyone want's to do 'em they're welcome to, I'll work out a way of getting it put up. Was considering having little windows pop up with the straight stats for any given item, having the image and description on the main page. If Dean can figure out how to do that, then it'd be really easy to have both stats around without me feeling nauseous :-)

BRodgers
2 April 2002, 05:39 AM
Hey, I was impressed when I first saw the preview and I'm still impressed. With the apparent "lull" in the updating/emergence of new SWRPG sites these days its refreshing to see someone undertake such a HUGE task as actually designing and posting an entire sector for all of us to play in.

Qudos to the Admiral for investing the time and effort needed to bring this to all of us. Great job Ben!