PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular new lightsabre design

GreenCape
12 March 2002, 05:58 AM
Uses lightsabre minicrystals (of the sort that create 1-inch blades), 8 of them. These minicrystals are arranged to emit their blades in a ring around the base of the main blade, pointing outwards and slightly forwards (away from the hilt). This modification has almost no practical use, the blades are too small even for 'catching' other sabre blades. It just looks good.
In my model, seven of these guard blades are the colours of the rainbow, while the last is pearly white. The white one is oriented upwards, and just a little longer than the others. The main blade of the sabre is sky blue.

What do you think?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 March 2002, 06:36 AM
it'd make for good eye candy and looks and thats about it... if thats what you intention as for it :)

Random Axe
12 March 2002, 06:42 AM
Will get you brownie-points in a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign, but not much else in a Star Wars campaign.

Personally I'd like to see a Lightsaber design that creates a HUGE EFFIN' SWORD like Storm in Final Fantasy; or something liek the attached...

GreenCape
13 March 2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven
it'd make for good eye candy and looks and thats about it... if thats what you intention as for it :)
Yup, that's it: pure eye candy.
(BTW TJ&R, if there are two of you, how come we get the impression there's only one person doing the talking? :D )

Master_thorin
13 March 2002, 04:22 PM
Well if you put a variable switch in it you would probably be OK as an extremely close range weapon. If you were a Sith you could use it to jam it into the enemies back and leave a serious wound in its back kinda like a wierd animal bite.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 March 2002, 05:10 PM
If ya looked in my sig, ya would have all the clues ya need... but i'll give ya the long version anyways:
the simple fact is when I registered into the forums, it was originally as Terras Jadeonar... but something messed up... so I retried and re-submitted... name already taken... go figure ... Next best thing? naming scheme of the dude & his ship's AI ... :D

now, back to ontopic!

You know how most lightsaber designs are just a pipe like handle... how about this:
Ya know,... that idea of having little lightsaber blade spikes around in a chalus style above the lightsaber helm sticking up&outward would look way cool if there was a regular length lightsaber blade in the middle ... would be reminiscant of some of those older style swords...

a very rough example of what i'm talkin about: (ansi text style)
===(-----------------------------

or is that what you were originally describing???

Kayle Skolaris
13 March 2002, 08:42 PM
For the truly sadistic at heart, take a wide, flat cylinder about six inches in diameter and an inch and a half thick. Have it hollow on the inside and set into it a power source and your eight lightsabre crystals arranged in a fashion similar to the cutting teeth on a circular saw blade. Close up your cylinder and attach it to a pole that can spin the disc and activate the blades. Leave enough room where the pole attaches to the disc so the blades don't cut the pole itself. Now you've got your very own light-brush trimmer and will be the envy of Jedi Farmers and psychopathic zombies in hockey masks everywhere! :D

darth maim
13 March 2002, 09:08 PM
Why not tubes randomly dispersed in a hallway set up with a pressure switch activation (located on the floor in front of said tube) skewering passerby with a lightsaber blade....

-or-

a small round device with roughly 6-8 crystals in it left lying around... set to eject the blades when touched or some other evil plot to make it a basic melee attacking mine...

GreenCape
14 March 2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven
You know how most lightsaber designs are just a pipe like handle... how about this:
Ya know,... that idea of having little lightsaber blade spikes around in a chalus style above the lightsaber helm sticking up&outward would look way cool if there was a regular length lightsaber blade in the middle ... would be reminiscant of some of those older style swords...

a very rough example of what i'm talkin about: (ansi text style)
===(-----------------------------

or is that what you were originally describing???
Well it certainly looks like what i had in mind, yes. It was originally just an eye-candy kind of guard for a lightsabre. I had no idea people would turn it into ways of painting the walls red 8o ...
BTW, nice picture :) .