PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Question

Dashdar
12 March 2002, 07:01 PM
I am a new GM and have also not read many of the SW books (Han Solo Trilogy, X-wing's and a few others) I am also not a big fan of the force. But it seems that a game I am running may lead to a Jedi battle on Yavin 4. I wanted to see what other people thought would be a fair amount as the number of Jedis on Yavin after Luke established the academy. The battle would include several NPC jedi so I would also like to know what level most of the jedis would be at. Thanks!!!!

Dashdar:?

Dark Knight
15 March 2002, 10:53 PM
First off i think it would depend on which time frame you're talking about here. If it's when the academy is first starting off the one's to watch out for would be Luke, Kyp, or Gantoris, (a master and 2 knights in my mind) everyone else is pretty much the equivalent of 2nd-4th level.

If you are going beyond that like say NJO. You pretty much have Kam and Tionne. both knights if not masters and Ikrit. a high level master. other than that you have a bunch of little force wielding infants - teenagers running around.

hope i was of some help.

Donovan Morningfire
16 March 2002, 08:10 AM
Hey Dashdar, didn't you already ask this question in another forum?

Krad-edis
16 March 2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
First off i think it would depend on which time frame you're talking about here. If it's when the academy is first starting off the one's to watch out for would be Luke, Kyp, or Gantoris, (a master and 2 knights in my mind) everyone else is pretty much the equivalent of 2nd-4th level.

If you also want to consider two people who were not augmented by Exar Kun, you may wish to consider Kam Solusar (who actually showed up with a lightsaber) and Halcyon, a.ka. Corran Horn. I am not sure whether Horn showed up with a lightsaber, but he did manage to build one without Luke's help while on a covert mission. Actually these two guys compliment each other pretty well. If I remember correctly from reading and looking at D6 stats for Kam, he had a pretty high ability to use Alter powers (most of his prior training was in Alter), and Corran couldn't use telekinesis very well, if at all. Most importantly, these guys are pretty stable, unlike Gantoris and Kyp who flip out in dark side fits. I would make Corran and Kam around level 6 for D20, and for D6, the stats for Kam are in the WEG Jedi Academy Sourcebook . When I get my books back (they are all in boxes because of moving), I can e-mail Kam's stats. Corran, I don't really know for sure about him. He was the main character in "I, Jedi", and is not portrayed in the Jedi Academy series which came out a few years before. By the end of "I Jedi" he is pretty formidable, combining the strengths of a soldier, policemen and Jedi Knight. His stats should be in SWRPGNetworks stats section. I remember finding them a ways back, and they were pretty comprehensive. They went from his days with Corsec all the way to his showdown with the Vong Commander in the NJO.

Hope this helps too.....oh yeah, don't forget Cighal...the Mon Calamari Jedi Healer. She may be around level 3 or 4, but she progresses really fast. She has some awesome curative powers if I remember correctly.

Dark Knight
16 March 2002, 09:41 PM
Horn did have a lightsaber, but technically they were all still considered padawans. Except for Corran and Kyp who apparantly can learn all they can from master Skywalker in less then a month and deem him incompetant. But the serious factors are those that i mentioned as well as Ekar Kun and possibly even the Masassi.

Krad-edis
17 March 2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
Except for Corran and Kyp who apparantly can learn all they can from master Skywalker in less then a month and deem him incompetant.

LOL....yeah so true for Kyp...the idiot kid was brainwashed.....now he is just an idiot. I don't know if Corran thought Luke was "incompetent", I just think that he disagreed with Luke's teaching methods...which were pretty much trial and error, and for Horn (Corsec), they were just to lax. I think he still respected Luke, and afterall, if Luke wouldn't have come to find him, he might not have lasted too long against the Jensaari.

It is kind of hard to guage people like Streen, Horn, and even Kam. Though they might be level 2-6 Jedi, they certainly are not level 2-6 characters. I think the best example of this is Horn. He is as old and probably just as experienced as Luke is. He certainly has levels in soldiering, and if I remember correctly is a starfighter ace. Streen is ancient, probably having some Fringer or Expert levels mixed in with his meager force training. It is kind of hard to tell about Kam, I kind of figured he became a sort of Dark Side Marauder and Luke came around and whipped him back into the lightside.

So Dashdar, whether you decide to use these guys are not, remember that even thought they are not the highest level Jedi, they certainly are not the "Young Jedi Series".

nightninja50
17 March 2002, 04:29 PM
Read Insider #57 and the Knights would be level 4-7 maybe the trainees 2-3 the masters 8-11 maybe:p

BrianDavion
18 March 2002, 01:31 PM
Corren as of I,Jedi would have been at LEAST a level 7 char IMHO, a
a 1 scoundral, 6 soldie,r char.. thats bare minimum

Krad-edis
19 March 2002, 01:18 PM
I knew the stats were around here somewhere, and here they are. From the time in Corsec to his showdown with the Vong Commander.

Corran Horn (http://swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=135)

At the time of his meeting with the Jensaarai, he is a Padawan, yet his experience makes him much more formidable than someone such as Obi-wan Kenobi in Episode 1. He is a level 12 character!