PDA

View Full Version : SW Gamer magazine in UK

Sogoth
13 March 2002, 06:08 AM
Anyone got any idea how I can get hold of Gamer magazine (back issues and new) here in the UK please?

Wherever I look they refuse to send it out of the US/Canada region which does me a fat load of good.

Thanks!

Reverend Strone
15 March 2002, 06:51 PM
I share you frustration Sogoth, although in my case it's on the other side of the world. We have the same trouble down here.

The only solution I've found was to go to E-Bay and check out their listings. It's always a risk because you never know who you're dealing with, but I've been fortunate enough to deal with very helpful, honest and professional people so far. The feedback section is well worth checking out to backcheck a seller before closing a deal.

Of course the drawback is the price- often inflated, but then your Pound to US$ exchange rate is more favourable than our conversion from NZ so you might do okay.

Here you go-

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=star+wars+gamer

Having suggested that, I was surprised recently to find a copy on the shelf in my local comic store (sadly more expensive than e-bay). They said they do very occassionally get issues, so it pays to look around. You might just get lucky.

Faraer
16 March 2002, 02:35 PM
Leisure Games (www.leisuregames.com) has copies of #3, the Oxford Street (London) branch of Borders has #3 and other branches may have some, but no one seems willing and able to import copies regularly. Since #3 I've bought mine from Noble Knight Games (www.nobleknight.com) -- though I see that earlier issues are now above cover price -- your best bet is to order 4-5 things and get them sent in a Global Priority envelope for $10. Or try ebay (looking at completed items (http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?ht=1&query=star+wars+gamer&SortProperty=MetaEndSort), prices seem to vary quite a lot, plus not all sellers will ship abroad).