PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Question

Dashdar
13 March 2002, 05:48 PM
I am a new GM and have also not read many of the SW books (Han Solo Trilogy, X-wing's and a few others) I am also not a big fan of the force. But it seems that a game I am running may lead to a Jedi battle on Yavin 4. I wanted to see what other people thought would be a fair amount as the number of Jedis on Yavin after Luke established the academy. The battle would include several NPC jedi so I would also like to know what level most of the jedis would be at. Thanks!!!!

Dashdar:?

madpoet
13 March 2002, 07:10 PM
There are around 100 Jedi in the NJO Era. As far as levels are concerned they range anywhere from 1st on up. I suggest reading the NJO series. It has been great help in running my campaign.

Hope this helps.

Donovan Morningfire
14 March 2002, 07:03 AM
Another alternative to buying all the NJO books is to pick up the NJOSB. It has a condensed version of what happens up to Star by Star, and speaking as someone who had little knowledge/interest in the NJO books, it does a pretty good job of covering that era.

Number of Jedi there also depends on timeframe. At the start of NJO, there's probably about 100 or so students and roughly a dozen Knights/teachers, as well as Luke and Mara.

If you're playing in New Republic (between Jedi Academy and the Thrawn Duology) then it's probably less. Maybe 50 or so students (ranging from levels 1 to 6) and a half-dozen Knights/Teachers, plus Master Luke.

Mind you those numbers are pure speculation on my part. Bottom line of it is there are only as many Jedi on Yavin 4 as you want there to be. You're the GM. You get to make the final call. All we can do is offer suggestions.

Tramp
14 March 2002, 07:44 AM
Actually Donovan, there's about 100 or so fully trained Jedi and about 30-50 younger students. This was mentioned in the write-up that Star Wars Insider did on the NJO about two issues back. It's also mentioned in Vector Prime that there were that many fully trained Jedi.

Donovan Morningfire
14 March 2002, 02:17 PM
Tramp-
To be honest, I don't read Insider and my interest in NJO is about nil. I just took my best guess from what I did know from EU books before Vector Prime.

Also, you're talking about the galaxy at large, while Dashdar's looking for who's on Yavin 4. Not all those Jedi are going to be on Yavin all the time. Most are likely to be out promoting peace/actively righting wrongs across the galaxy, depending on who's camp you're in.

Dashdar-
Something that might help us give a more definitive answer is just what time period are you planning on running your adventures? Luke didn't start up his Academy until about 7 years after Endor, and I think his first batch of Jedi Knights graduated about a couple years after that (not sure, just guessing. Though maybe he rushed it in a few cases, namely Kyp).

Tramp
15 March 2002, 08:12 AM
Correct, not all of those Jedi will be on planet all of the time, although the 30-50 younger students will, as their not even graduated to the point of being taken on for individual training yet. Based on what I can gather from the books, a large majority of the fully trained Jed are traveling the Galaxy while a few like Tionne and Kam Solusar are permanent staff at the Academy and some, like Luke and Mara, devide their time between Coruscant and the Academy. When the Peace Brigade attacked YavinIV there were about 30 students, give or take a few, on planet at the time, most of them young children, as well as a few instructors. That's it. Everyone else were out in the galaxy at large.

Krad-edis
19 March 2002, 11:57 PM
Dashdar,

You asked this question on another posting, and I found the info for Corran Horn. You may wish to check here (http://swrpgnetwork.com/sort.php?s=&action=subcat&sortid=55) for all of the stats on Jedi of Luke's Academy and the NJO. You can limit your search around through the stats by picking the eras and alignments to find almost any stat you wish. If it is not there, you might want to try the official source. Donovan is absolutely right, you will want to at least skim through the NJO Sourcebook, because I don't know if such characters as Doorsk 81, Streen, Cighal and others are there.

Hope this helps. I can send you the stats from the Jedi Academy Sourcebook for some of the Jedi Students once I find it......sometime next week :(