Range: 50-200 / 1km / 2 km
Damage: 4D

Concussion grenade launcher
Arc: Front
Crew: 1
Fire Control: 1D
Range: 10-50 / 500 / 1 km
Damage: 3D

An experimental concept, from the design boards of J Driwyt, the AT-JT was designed to account for massed infantry formations in advance of a walker assault. The main difference between the JT and the AT-ST is, of course, the addition of two Hyrol Schpandix trontium-scurvide super-tensile springs. Dedicated type 3 motors wind the giant spirals to full tension in just under five seconds following release. When trigger, these springs fire the JT vertically up to 500 meters.
Skillful control is required to safely land the walker, and several accidents have been reported, however the advantage of landing 9.3 tons of armoured walker directly onto enemy formations has made this drawback somewhat less important.
(very difficult Walker Ops to land safely. Enemy under foot suffer 4D Walker scale damage)
Incidents of these walkers getting stuck in trees, accidentally jumping inside Star Destroyer hangars, or single leg failures resulting in extreme velocity lateral movement during parade formation displays are vigorously denied by Imperial sources.

Aaron B'Aviv
13 March 2002, 07:08 PM
That's an interesting vehicle.

What kind of special rules are there for when it's in the process of jumping?

Can you fire weapons while jumping? At what penalty? Is it harder to hit one of them when it's in the air? How much harder?

Kayle Skolaris
13 March 2002, 08:32 PM
As the vaunted 'Death From Above' maneuver the Battletechies are so fond of arrives in the Star Wars universe...

Deck
13 March 2002, 11:34 PM
An original idea, <b>Admiral</b>. I like it. It's something never developed before. Funny seeing the walker jumping... :) When it jumps, does it have maneuver jets to be able to turn when it is in the air? I think that would be useful, otherwise it would "look" in only one direction after jumped. Imagine it just jumped and reached some height. Then a nasty Rebel snowspeeder approches from the back and shoots it down. Had it been able to turn after the jump, it could have been victorious. Or you could use some weapons with a back fire arc.

Just my thoughts. :)

The Admiral
14 March 2002, 07:14 AM
I really must have been tired last night, I stuck this thing in General,,,

What kind of special rules are there for when it's in the process of jumping?

Er, none?

Can you fire weapons while jumping?

Can't see any reason why not. Though firing the grenade launcher might not be such a good idea.

At what penalty?

Lets say, hmm, +10, that sounds good.

Is it harder to hit one of them when it's in the air?

That would depend greatly on what you were using to hit it. A laser / blaster wouldn't have much more difficulty, but lobbing a grenade at it would certainly come under the general description of 'tricky'.

When it jumps, does it have maneuver jets to be able to turn when it is in the air?

Nope. You jump in the direction you want to go, hope you don't hit something, and try to land as best you can,,,

A nasty Rebel snowspeeder approches from the back and shoots it down.

Yeah. That could happen. But then, Imperial designers, especially J Driwyt, are famed for missing obvious design features,,,

The Admiral
15 March 2002, 05:26 PM
AT-PS Walker

Craft: All Terrain Pogo Transport
Type: Assault walker
Scale: Walker
Length: 20.6 meters long, 15.3 meters tall
Skill: Walker operations: AT-PS
Crew: 5 Skeleton 3/+10
Cargo: 1000 kg
Cover: Full
Mano: 0D
Move: 21; 60 kph (walking) 60; 170 kph (semi-airbourne)
Body: 6D

Weapons:
Twin Heavy Cannon
Fire Control: 2D
Range: 50-500 / 1.5km / 3km
Damage: 6D

Twin Medium Blasters
Fire Control: 2D
Range: 50-200 / 500 / 1km
Damage: 3D

A follow-up model to the AT-JT, also from the design boards of J Driwyt, the AT-PS was intended to bring the devastating effect of vertical attack to the heavy assault walkers.
Early experiments fitting the same Hyrol Schpandix trontium-scurvide super-tensile springs as found on the AT-JT failed, due to the reduced lift capacity for such a heavy vehicle. Working around that problem, Driwyt devised an augmentation unit, which had the advantage of being deployable to existing AT-AT units. The POGO device utilised a single heavy duty lifter ion drive into a central core, a single trontium-scurvide super-tensile spring was then added to perform both lift and shock absorbancey.
Whilst it proved to be an extremely difficult device to use, AT-AT pilots quickly became fond of them. An elite brigade was formed to test the units in battle, and the AT-PS were crucial to their first action, the Battle of Hideous Gorge, where fully 32 AT-PS were able to literally flatten three entire enemy battlegroups.
The Pogo proved able, even under battlefield stress, of lifting the walkers to 300 meters.
(Difficult Walker Ops to launch, very difficult to land. Impact does 9D walker scale damage to a 3m square area on impact. Also, Difficult roll to dock At-At to pogo unit, and very difficult to dismount.)

Deck
16 March 2002, 12:00 AM
LOL!

::ROFL::

This is great, <b>Admiral</b>! :D

But the poor troopers and crew who all get a concussion of their brain... ;)

Chris Curtis
16 March 2002, 11:23 AM
OMG, it took me several minutes just to stop laughing enough to be able to type!

Fantastic job, Admiral! That AT-PS pic is definitely one of the funniest SW pictures I've ever seen. Great work!

Jastor
16 March 2002, 11:25 AM
how do you work around the damage the impact would deal to the crew? anti gravity fields? vacuum with spacesuits? :)

Karg
18 March 2002, 06:14 AM
Oh My!!!!!!!!8o

Karg