PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace: Destination into a new Journey

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 March 2002, 10:51 PM
This is the intro into a post-by-play starwars RPG game, where the GM had me / my char come in posting solo for the first 8 updates seperate from the rest of the group. I removed the update seperators which combines it into 1 seamless passage...
For d20 char info of all 3, check the homepage url in my profile.

Sit back, grab a drink and some snacks...

The setting: New Republic era, aprox 10ABY (after Battle of Yavin). Terras Jadeonar is rimward of Bespin, enroute in hyperspace. By accidents unknown or explainable, a race of humanoids with their fleet of ships, totaly alien to the sw galaxy, exit from their "jump"... Causing a massive hyperspace density obstacle, and releases radiation...

Dramatis Personae: (my char, ship & ai)
Terras Jadonar
YT-2400 NighRaven
Raven - the ship's female AI

Let the journey begin...

(lights dim, fox fanfare, and the scene opens to the interior of a YT-2400 cockpit, Outside the duraglass canopy the eerily light from the star-streaked maelstrom of hyperspace transit)

*Terras Jadeonar was sitting casually leaned back in the cockpit of his YT-2400 Nightraven, sipping cool alderanian ale, traveling at lightspeed enroute to his next destination: Bespin , scouting on a few leads aked by his Bothan Network contact *

* replying to an updated holonet message* "Allrighty then, If this Sub Noonechek person is where you say he is, then i'll have that info for ya in two shakes of a womprat's tail..."

*Ship's Female Driod voice*
"Warning! realspace anomaly detected ahead! Emergency HyperDrive deactivation! dropping to realspace now!"

All of a sudden, in a blinding spectacle of light, and a massive forward lurch, the NightRaven was thrown out of hyperspace and Terras Jadeonar's face was suddenly one with the forward duraglass cockpit canopy

*Terras Jadeonar*
"@$&& !!!! ^$&R #&R&#% *^#^(*# !!!! WHAT IN THE JABBA'S GIZZARD WAS THAT?!?!?!?" *slowly reaches hands to remove himself from the awkward thrown position while taking care if anything's broken... rights himself up and heads to the refresher while noticing blood trickling down his chin ans speaking to himself* "THERE had BETTER be a REASON for THIS, or somebody's gonna be getting a Holo-Card personally delevered by yours truly..."

*Ship's Female Droid voice*
"i'm Sorry Terras, but if i hadn't hit the overides, we could've run into whatever anomaly... hope your weren't hurt to badly"

*Terras Jadeonar: speaks to the ship*
"Considering we could both be space dust right now, a few cuts and bruises are a decent alternative. Just be more subtle next time eh?" "Btw, Raven, what sector of known real space are we?"

*Ship's Female Droid voice: Raven*
"checking known astrogation charts... Sorry, we're not in a known sector, or at least one comonly used... It will take a while to navigate new coordinates for another known safe hyperspace vector."

*Terras Jadeonar: speaks to the ship*
"Thanks Raven, i'll clean mself up and then give your vitals a thorough checking over in the meantime ... don't want to find out of any glitches when you've got the coordinates to hyper out of this dead sector."

*puurs slightly* "Thankyou Terrrras, my last owner never treated me this well"

Terras cleans up the few cuts on his face and then proceeds to give his ship's systems a thorough diagnostics while waiting to hyper out of the dead sector of space ...

A lone YT-2400 coasts idly in the darkness of dead space...

The YT-2400 known as NightRaven continues to idly coast through real space of the dead sector. The NightRaven little beknown but only to her few select owners has a personality of her own as Terras discovers to his disadvantage while running diagnostics and repairs...

*Terras: running diagnstics checks*
"Well, thankfully everything's looking good and operational sofar Raven... just a few more systems and we're .... uh-oh, i'm reading failures here... Sith on a Stick Raven! I warned you last time about taking it easy on your hyperdrive motivator systems and look at you now! U've the actractivness and stubborness of a gamorean!"

"Hmmmfff! I did save your life didn't i? I did help you evade those ISD's did i??? only to be called a gamorean?!? and not even a female one at that!!!" *very offended sounding*

*Terras: digging out hydrospanner tools and getting ready for a lengthly
repair job*
"heh, i thought calling you a female gamorean whore at this point would be a compliment so i didn't bother... I guess this is what i get for stealing the sexiest ship in the whole lot, and having the gall to like it after finding out it's got a sultry talkin sassy droidbrain for a computer... If i ever get you fixed and flown to the nearest port, i swear, i'm tradin you in for a square shuldered cargo hauler ... it may be as ugly as a gamorean but it sure won't act like one... "

*Raven's imtation of agitated sassyness* "... ... ..."

*Terras gets busy making the repairs to the hyperdrive systems which got
thrown out of sync from the abrupt jolt earlier...*
"I tellin you... if i come across your vocal synth control, i won't be sorry to use it as spare parts... put those electronic pouty lips of yours to some good use-" ZAP! "OWW!!!" *stands back from the acces panel while rubbing the sting out of one hand* "You child of vader! why'd you do that for! can't u see i'm tryin to repair you?!?"

"You threatened my... vanity."

*Terras*
"Your What?!? fer cryin out loud woman! i'm just tryin to repair what you broke..." ZAP! "Horny Vader in the Emporer's whore house! will ya quit it already?!?" *slowly gets closer to the access panel again for another try* ZAP! "Thats it," *throws down tools* "I'd rather take my chances in a eva suit and walk home than repair you!... " *points finger* "You can sit stranded out here 'til you hullplates rust through and some lucky spacer find your ugly rusted hulk good enough for usesles antiqutated parts value!..." *starts heading in the direction of the airlock*

*suddenly scared & pleading* "No! ... You wouldn't!... Would you??? Please! I'll behave!, I'll submit if you fix me!, I promise! *wimpers* Just don't leave me like this... *wimpers* please??"

*Terras: stops and stands on the spot and reconsidering*
"Ohhh,... alright... i'd probably run out of air anyways if i tried eva... Just don't pull any funny stuff alright? I want to get back on scehdule and find that Sub character before he slips away again..." *heads back to the access panel and resumes from where last left off*

*thankfull and giddy* "Thankyou! Thankyou! Oh gracious one!" *giggles* *sauvely purrs* "I'm now fully submisive at your every request"

*Terras*
"Just don't forget who's captain around here... Also, keep at those astrogation computations going... the sooner we're outa here, the better for both of us"

*sauvely* "Aye-Aye Captain..."

Surprised and releived, Terras continues repairs inside the YT-2400 in silence; while he can't help but wonder about Raven's origins and the touchy exhange that took place only moments earlier...his memory failing to remember if he ever came across such a vivid AI or person before...

Inside the ship, Terras is laid flat on his back and is halfway burried inside the hyper motivator electronics, doing his darnedest to finish the task; or else face more time being stranded... all the while putting up with banter that has been ongoing for the last countless hour with his only company, the ever sassy ship's female persona, Raven... of whom is being her usual self... providing if "usual" can be defined...

5 min later...

"Is it fixed yet?"

*Terras*
"No."

3 min later...

"Well, now is it fixed?"

*Terras*
"Not yet! I told you that already an hour ago!"

1 min later...

"Terras, -"

*Terras*
"Raven, will ya put a hydrospanner in it already???"

"Hmmf, fine then... If you don't want to know the latest sensor readings... not my fault because I tried to tell you..."

*Terras*
"Blast Raven, just spill it ok?"

*sassyness* "Well, maybe I don't want to now... What's in it for me if I do?"

*Terras*
*pulls himself out of the access hatch, all greased looking*
"Ok Raven , your hyperdrive is fixed now... What if I promised you that electronics upgrade you've been begging for? Then would you tell me the important news?"

*happy* "Yaay! ok, it's a deal!" *more calmly* "Just finished analyzing the sensor reports, and the anomoly will disapate before we get to bespin, and it spanned about the next 5 systems... But something dosn't quite add up... latent Cronou Radiation is not in any of my known databanks... seems foriegn and the amount of it would indicate something really huge... "

*Terras*
*stunned* "Wow, and I thought we ran into a stray interdictor field possibly setup by pirates... might as well fire up the hyperdrives and get a motivating..." *walks towards the cockpit when the cockpit hatch slams shut infront of him* "Hey! i thought you wanted to get outa here?!? and careful with the doors eh?"

"Oh no you don't! Your not gonna sit in my plush seats while all covered in grease and coolant! Not even a wet Wookie would be allowed!"

*Terras*
"Not even a wet wookie eh? I guess it's a quick referesher then" *walks into the refresher room stall, slips out of the tarnished clothes and steps in the cubicle* "On please." *the refresher starts then stops abruptly, the door locks* "Raven! will ya turn this thing back on or let me out???"

*sly, contemplating & manipulative* "Terras, I've been thinking... that promise you made was too easy... How do I know you will keep it? why should I let you out on an empty promise when u've fooled me before? And I've got you where I want you now... "

*Terras*
"You should have thought about that before, not now..." *waits for a few min then sighs a defeat* "Ok, ok, ok, u're right... i'm locked in, half cleaned and very naked... Look, i've a stashed imp credit account for rainy days. There's enough in there for the upgrade so transfer it to your acount... there, you win... no tricks this time I promise." *the refreser starts up again, and continues to cleanse* "Ahh finally... thx Raven"

*pleased as a cheshire cat with a slight purr* "MMMmmm, I could start liking this hardball kind of game... Ooops, did I say that aloud?"

*Terras*
*tries to open door* "Raven, the door please?"

*acts surprised* "Oops! forgot that one detail" *giggles and unlocks refresher door*

In the cockpit some while later, a totally refreshed Terras finishes the systems flight check and buckles in for a hyperspace jump...

"All systems are a go, everything's in the green."

*Terras*
"Good. let's try to hyper to Bespin or Anoth and get some clues about this anomaly... and so much for my last contact job... there will be others... Here goes nothin..." *Terras flips the hyperspace lever and jumps into hyperpace briefly before kicking out* "Huh? I dont get it... Raven?"

"It seems that we're in the area of the loosely disperesd radiation and trapped in it... We cant hyper out of it, but the sensors indicate we can travel through it, just not escape it like a bubble..."

*Terras*
*Slightly annoyed, slightly intrigued* "That's just great... Ahh well, lets go exploring those 5 systems then... we're bound to come across someone or whatever created that anomoly... just hope it's friendly"

"New course computed and laid in Terras"

*Terras flips the hyper lever again and the YT-2400 jumps into hyperspace on a new coarse outwards to the next few systems touched by the radiation*

*exits from hyperspace and makes a small discovery*

"Terras, sensors are indicating small trace amounts of debris, like a dust particles or something... certainly foriegn composition, but not harmful... nor is there any debris larger than dust..."

*Terras*
"In other words Raven, nearly atomized... Now i'm really curious, what in 9 sithlords just did come through here anyways???"

"Unknown Terras... Sensors however do detect a few planets in this system... Perhaps it'd worth checking out?"

*Terras*
"Sure! let's get our hiking gear and do some exploring for a change!"

Terras sets course for in-system, towards the nearest planet...

In system, Terras & Raven slowly speed towards the first planet... Even with the sublight engines running hot on full throttle, the spanse of a great distance makes motion seem miniscule...

*Terras*
"Raven, whats the eta til orbit of the nearest planet?"

"At our current speed running my sublights hot, i'm guessing a day or two" *wimpers* " oh my poor aching sublights Terras, isn't there any other way?"

*Terras*
"Your poor aching sublights?!?, that's a new one Raven... Well, one idea does come to mind if your astrogation skills feel up to the challenge"

*exited for a challenge* "You bet yer hydrospanner I am! So what's the game plan?"

*Terras*
"Ok, here's the plan... It's a known and rarely used trick called blind jumping in-system... not many spacers try it since the odds are fairly stacked... trick is to calculate the precise seconds needed or we overshoot"

"Mmmm, sounds like a corellian cakewalk!" *Startled* "Uh-oh, long range passive sensors detect a large fleet of unkown origin ships, possibly an attack force or in relation to the anomaly... They're just near the 4th planet... What'll we do?"

*Terras*
*ponders for a few moments* "Hmmm, if we blind jump to the 1st planet, they might detect us... I don't know about you Raven, but something like a hunch is telling me to jump near to the 3rd planet and use it's mass as cover while we get a better look at them..."

*amused* "Dang, your good at these last minute change of plans... So what are we waiting for? We can always hyper out in a hurry if we need to... I'll prep a set of escape co-ord's at the same time..."

*Terras*
*Jaw drops literally* "... Sometimes your pretty amazing yourself Raven... I never thought i'd credit someone like you for hind-sightedness. Ok, Raven, we're gonna be skinning a gundark if we pull this off this closest blind-jump known in the galaxy. Try to get us in near orbital flight plan as our exit point..."

*with perkiness* "Aye-Aye! co-ords computed and laid in! ... You do realize that no other ship has the sort of equipment like i do to pull this of..."

*Terras*
"Well, lets get a move on... either we'll make it or buy it... no sense waiting for them to fnd us first."

The YT-2400 jumps into a blind hyperspace jump to the near orbital position to the 3rd planet, and exits perfectly in oposite orbital position relatively to the fleet with the planet dead center between them

*Terras*
*astonized* "Well i'll be a gundarks grandma! You're quite the lady Raven! I honestly don't know how lucky a spacer i am to have a co-pilot like you!"

*taken aback and blushes* "Well, ... I must have a lady's touch after all ..." *serrious* "Terras, my sensors are picking up better data now... and i don't know if what to make of it..."

*Terras*
"Good job Raven, give it to me onthe holovid screen" *Terras goes to the comm station and with Raven, stares in awe at the holovid...*

*Terras*
*stares wordlessly* "Raven... Oh my Sithlords..."

Moments passed by in silence... Terras held his breath and the faint hum of the ship's systems could be heard...

*Terras*
*Coughs abruptly*

*chides* "What, mynok got your tounge Terras?"

*Terras*
*clears throat* "Well, any more sensor updates? C'mon Raven, there's gotta be more than this..."

"Standbye, checking with passive sensors... Terras, this is all I could get without switching to active..."

*Terras*
"Well, then edge closer then, up to minimum known blindspot range... I don't want to tip them off about our vantage spot... and who knows what sensor technology they've got? I don't wanna find out the hard way..."

"Ahh, don't worry, I've the touch of a lady remember?" *Raven edges herself closer towards the fleet's blindside of the planet using passive radar* "Great shipyard maker! Terras! have a look at this!" *displays mystery fleet on holo-screen*

*Terras*
"What the?!? "

"The fleet consists of 4 ships aprox 5-7 clicks long, bigger than an impstar Deuce, one or two larger than an SSD, and the largest one looks spherical like - " *gasps and pauses* "a deathstar???"

*Terras*
*shocked* "Emporer's Black Bones!!! who else could be building another one of those?!? Raven, see what you can pick up on all holo frequencies, and maybe low power active scan... we've gotta clarify this and report back to Bothawui!"

*worriedly* "I'll try... scanning, scanning, ... just a bit more..." * pauses, gasps and shouts* "They're heading this way!!! a small group or swarm of craft!"

*Terras*
*scrambles outa the comm station and nearly trips as he scrambles into the cockpit* "Raven! get us outa here now!"

*hicups* "OOPPS ..."

*Terras*
"Raven... what do you mean by OOPPS??? don't tell me its about the hyper exit co-ords..."

*gulps* "Uhh, i kinda lost them?"

*Terras*
"AWWW Raven!!! how could you?!? pray your booty is fast enough to outrun them or we're gonna be in for a dance..." *flips switches* "keep weapons off, but arm up sheilds and pump everything else into your engines!"

"Yessir! and Terras, for what it's worth... Sorry... I really mean it..."

*Terras*
"It'll matter more if we survive this..."

Terras starts making a run for it in the YT with everything it's got...

*Terras*
*shouts maddly* "Sith on a surfboard!!! There's one fast interceptor pulling ahead and a swarm trailing it!!"

*frightened toned* "I've poured all I got into the sublights, i can't compute an exit vector fast enough with your deranged flight patterns!"

*Terras*
"My deranged flight patterns are buying us more time and distance! if i can't out run them, perhaps i can get in closer for a better scan" *flips a few buttons on the dash panel* "Raven, whats our payload armament at? we're gonna need them."

"Both concusion launchers operational and stocked with 3 missles per launcher... some countermeasures and both operational turrets which I can interface with"

*Terras*
"Alright, we'll keep them as aces up our sleeves til we need them..." *wipes sweat of brow* "Us corellians don't try to beat the odds for nothin ya' know"

*Terras pilots the YT around, and oposite direction he was headding, and doubles back so he can fly around the oposite side of the planet and perhaps get closer to the fleet , all the while trying to keep distance from the fast interceptor*

"If there's anything I can do to help, please, tell me..."

*Terras*
"Just keep an eye on the sensors and be on standby for the weapons"

*enthusiasticly* "Aye-Aye! captain!"

*Terras*
"Raven, set your bothan installed recording equipment to your sensor ouput and set them all to full! we're gonna want to get this all in the databanks..."

"Already done!" *pauses* "Hey, we're pulling ahead of that interceptor by a margin if we keep this up we may parse them after all"

*Terras*
"Baby, thats sweet music to my ears!" *takes the NightRaven in a sharp bank and heads toward the fleet which is slowly apearing into view*

*concerned* "uh-oh, theres another interceptor breaking off from the main swarm, and it's of a different configuration... "

*Terras*
*grunts* "I don't have time for that now! i'm heading into the fray of the fleet... if they want a chase, they're gonna get a chase..."

*concerned* "Terras! they're fleet is all over the place! looks like something happened and they're ferrying back and forth to different ships!"

*Terras*
"Hah! we'll run the gauntlet and make the falcon's kessel run look like a training flight!" *closing distance to the middle of the fleet*

*shreiking* "Are you mad?!? U're gonna get us killed! if not by us, but by them trying to avoid us!"

*Terras*
"I'm not worried, after all, we've flown through worse before without a scrape"

"Hmmf, if you don't count the blast marks on my pretty hull plates"

*Terras*
"Come off it eh? i'm gonna do a few flyby's and get all the info we need... we'll be heroes!"

*anoyed* "Great, of all the pilots and I have to get stuck with a maniac corellian ego"

*Terras pilots the YT into the fray of slow moving transports and shuttle like craft, and loops around the larger ships while evading intercepting persuit craft becoming hot on the tail*

*Terras*
"Raven, standby with the weapons, we may need cover fire yet..."

*Terras is constantly dodging and weaving between ships and crafts all the while evading a growing swarm of persuit craft, yet keeping the weapons on standby*

"Impressive Terras, but how long can you keep this up? they're growing in numbers!"

*Terras*
*charming smile* "The night is young Raven... its them and us on the dancefloor... Raven, its you and me - Let's dance, shall we?"

*purrs* "Mmm, guess this is the closest i'll ever come to dancing... I accept... My controls are in your hands, and i'm in your arms"

*Terras and Raven together combined maneuvering skills as one, continue to dodge, loop, dash, evade and jink the fleet's traffic and obstacle course... keeping distance and keeping up the lead*

*in the background... faint music can be heard... "In your arms you set me free... now together we take flight... takin me higher....."*

*Terras' piloting skills barely keep him ahead of the pack as more persuers give chase... pursuers with better equiped craft...*

*worriedly* "Terras, as good as we are, we're not gaining anything on them... i'm afraid of-"

*Suddenly the aft sheilds flicker and the ship shudders from a blast from on behind*

*screams* "Ouch!!! Terras! this ain't fun no more!"

*Terras*
"Jeeze! that was close! no regrets Raven... this was worth it alone for the data we acquired... "

"Sould i integrate with the turrets? oh please, let me return fire at least" *begging*

*Terras*
"That was more like a warning shot... i think we anoyed them long enough... lets just get outa here in one piece..."

*Ship's Female Droid voice: Raven* "you expect me to work up a miracle and deliver you instant escape co-ords at this rate??? not a chance! better think of another way out..." *sternly* "and it'd better not be in a blaze of glory..."

*Terras*
*anoyed* "Keep your circuits from getting in a knot will ya? i've a geniune plan that should work... "

"Should??? Huh... this'll be good... "

*Terras*
"We'll loop around that big sperical thing and make a run for it to the planet... go planetside, find a rosebush to land in and wait it out... "

"Thats too easy... they'll be ontop of us before we reach half distance..."

*Terras*
"You arn't thinkin are u? instead of venting at me... go blow out some exhaust and i'll faint the wounded mynok routine... if they're as decent spacers as they are pilots, they'll let us go and hunt us later when we've made repairs... "

*Terras loops the YT around the spherical ship and Raven as orderd bellows dark fumes from portside... Terras jinks rapidly to make like systems damage and heads for the planet...*

*Terras*
"See? they're buyin it! yeah! the sabac pot is ours tonight!"

"i'll hand it to ya... good thinking... as long as we can get our cards in the stabalizer field before the values change..."

*Terras*
"Raven, plot a quick landing trajectory to the nearest patch of forest growth - over there - that one small island land mass.. .. we'll find cover in there for a while"

"Why the forest growth? theres lots of places for cover... why there?"

*Terras*
"I don't know... just kind like a feeling or hunch... "

"fine.. whatever..."

*Raven makes a smooth atmospheric entry and lands on that one island terras pointed out... then she hovers under some tall shrubery and cuts systems to minimal power...*

"There, we've landed and parked beneath the canopy of tall plant growth... Non vital systems have been powered down, and everything else has been set to minimal power settings... "

*Terras*
"Good... hopefully they didn't see our decent vector, so they'll have to comb the entire planet to find us... Not that I mind... It'll give us some time to relax and do other things... Raven, can you check your astrogation charts and find out exactly what planet this is?"

"Hmm, this planet dosn't seem to be listed.. we're to far out on the fringe. Survey teams must've not gotten this far yet... "

*Terras*
"Alright... keep your eyes open for any possible threats that may come from the planet's native indigenious lifeforms... I didn't want to survive that persuit only to become food for some mynok's cousin or asphyxiate to death... Atmosphere is breathable?"

"Certainly, maybe a tad higher in some of the minor trace elements which may be attributed to the surounding plant life, otherwise it's a close match to Drall"

*Terras*
"Good... it'll be nice to get some freshair in here... Open your filters and air youself out... I'm gonna go outside to see the view, and then start giving you an exterior once over; want to make sure there wasn't any damage from the last few days." *Terras dons a headset, exits the cockpit, grabs his belt of tools from the equipment locker and heads outside* "Wowee! look at the view Raven! narry a sabac game shortside of Alderaan! Raven, get all this into your optic sensors..."

"I would, if you weren't standing in the way... Quit yer oogling and get to work will ya?"

*Terras*
"Aye-Aye ma'm! and after that, hopefully a lunch and an open air snooze..."

*Terras starts his exterior inspection... oblivious to evrything else that could be happining out of sight...*

Terras makes his way around NightRaven, starting from the walk ramp, going to the end of the cockpit and across the lower forward bow section.

*relaxed* "Terras, i've been having a look around the perimeter and u're right... holovids like these could make us a fourtune on it's own... let alone all the sensor logs we've captured from our chase..."

*Terras*
*cheerful, walking around and still giving the hull a careful once over* "Hey ya' know somethin Raven? i'd never thought fresh air could work wonders for an ai... Even you're in a better mood... And yeah, we'll be hyperspacin all the way to the lushest of all asteroid resorts, or the fanciest cloud cities at Bespin... our only problems will be how do we spend our credits..."

*quizicaly, intererested* "Wait a minute, was that a glitch your comm unit or did I hear you right? as in our credits? I'm gonna run analyzer tests on the air to see if there isn't some foriegn bacteria making you say this"

*Terras*
"Hey, it's no credits outa my wallet if ya don't want to believe me... I'm only gonna take a 50% share from the totals... the other half you can do as you plase with it... yup, you heard me correctly... I risked your booty out there so it's only fair... And you know the real credit maker is? wait for this planet's evening duration... spectacular is all i can say..."

*sincere* "Sometimes, I don't know what to think of you, but thanks for the offer... I think i can find something good to spend my share of the credits on... Are you sure you're not half Alderanian???"

*Terras*
"Alderanian? so i'm that when i'm nice and Corellian when i'm not? Next you'll think i'm half bothan when I figure a way off this planet without atracting they're attention..." *inspects closer at an area* "Hmm, there's a little bit of scorching here... but it seems relatively old and there's no damage either short of a few scratches... Must've been a Gamorean that last set you down in that impound lot..."

*Terras makes his way to the aft end where the sublight & hyperdrive engine exhaust array is, making a mental list of things that can be redone or refined*

*Terras*
*Whistles* "UMM MMm Mmm, Ya know Raven, those pilots weren't chasin us for the intrusion, its when they seen your cute booty and couldn't get enough of an eyefull of it and thought they should try and get some of it for themselves... Poor buggers... they must get lonely in the service..." *chuckles*

*laughs* "Well, now... quite fondling and oogling my booty and climb on my topside... you might find the view even better from up there..."

*Terras*
"Ooh yeah, your topside will definatly be worth looking at... hadn't even a look down, err up there yet since I met you -"

*startled* "Terras! -"

*With a sudden rustling of bushed and hisss & snap blurr, some large creature whips out of the bushes and grabs a bite of Terras's shirt and scurries back out of sight*

*Terras*
"AHHHH! what the!?!" *draws out his blaster pistol from his leg side holster and fires a serries of shots into the surrounding bushes at random "You stinkin overgrown son of a womprat!!! come back here and try to take another peice of me!!!"

*shouts* "Terras! are you ok??? I didn't see it coming nor did any of my sensors register any movement prior to that... must've been dormant to await it's prey..."

*Terras*
*blaster drawn, in gaurd stance from imp training, surveys the area then makes a dash for the walk ramp* "I- I think i'm alright... So much for going topside for a nice view"

*uses her optics to go over Terras's body looking for wounds* "other than part of your shirt, and some small cuts and scratches, you look ok"

*Terras*
*putting away toolbelt into locker, then going to the refresher for firstaid supplies* "Thanks Raven, guess you got a good look at me in the refresher to compare to..." *stretches to area of backside* "Darn it, I wish i had you're ladie's touch to reach my backside to get those bacta wraps fitting better"

"Well, maybe I can't help you with that, but I can get your lunch started while you finish up patching yourself."

*Terras*
"Thx Raven, you can be a good gal when you choose to be... That'll save me time, so I can relax and take a look at some of the holos you've been making before I decide to catch a few zzz's before sundown... I want to be alert for nightfall." *finishes up in the refresher, then heads to the galley for his meal*

"So, how's your nerf steak?"

*Terras*
*in between bites* "Not exactly 5 star, but better than a spacer's cantina... You're learning my tastes I admit"

*makes a huff* "I slaved over that hot meal just for you! and cooked it to you perfection and thats the thanks I get?!? I shoulda served it frozen and uncooked to you instead!"

*Terras*
"Aww Raven, I didn't mean to sound that careless... it tastes really good honest! Hey, it's better done than what I can do with my own cooking skills... "

*sarcastically* "Hmmf, so i've noticed... shoulda put your brians where your credits are next time before I cook you anything again... Or better yet, I should charge you full price each time you ask for a cooked meal!"

*Terras*
*retaliates* "You wouldn't! I'd rather pay a Jawa twice that if you did! might as well bring his whole clan aboard for a tour first to see if they'd like their acomodations!"

*scoffs* "A Jawa! and his clan! How Dare you suggest that! I'd rather toss you out the airlock before you could get near a Jawa!"

*Terras*
"Oh, have it that way then... It's not my fault you get so easily offended by a less than stellar compliment... Look, no Jawas for no airlocks ok??? Besides, a Jawa stinks terribly and I wouldn't undertand a word its sqeaky toungue said... It's been a long day and I need some rest... " *heads to his quarters* "Wake me before nightfall and thx for the meal Raven, it was the best i've had for a long time"

*Terras heads for his bunk and has no trouble catching sleep imediatly... meanwhile, Raven keeps a sharp eye on all her sensors and optics... taking more select holovids at random...*

Few hours pass by while Terras is taking time out to get some rest... Raven continually scans the perimeter for more suarian like creatures... She also is taking more select holovids as the day slowly begins its transition to sunset...

*Terras*
ZZzzZZzzZZzz

*notices an anomaly apear outside the hull, near the walk ramp, monitors it for a few moments before deciding to wake Terras up* "Terras! Wake up! Wake up darn you!"

*Terras*
ZZzzZZ "mmfnms..." ZZzzZZzz

*nearly shouting* "Terras! wake up you mangy lazy Nerf Hearder!!!"

*Terras*
*stirs* "Huh?" <CLANG!> *hits his head on the low bulkhead while trying to rapidly get up and awaken from his sleep* "OOWWW! son of a ... Argh, never mind... Ok Raven, i'm awake... this had better be good..." *pulls himself of the bunk and rubs his forehead, looking at the chronometer on the wall realizing it's been several hours...*

"Well, just a few minutes ago, i thought my opticals needed callibration... there's what apears to be a translucent shadow standing just where the walkramp extends to... I thought you should check it out... I'll put it on the holoscreen at the comms center."

*Terras*
*grogily still* "Alright... might as well grab a cup of something hot from the galley on my way over there..." *heads to the galley and pours a steaming mug of JavStim from the dispensor and then sits down at the comms unit* "Ok Raven, show me..."

*Brings the opticals to bear on the anomoloy* "There you go, do you see it? i'm trying to make it out, but nothing shows on the sensors, and nothing comes up from searching my databanks..."

*Terras*
*regaining senses* "Your sure thats not some mist or something from the fauna? Can you sharpen your optics a bit? perhaps turn on the walk-ramp lights?"

*sharpens optics* "This is the best i can do... let me try the lamps..." *turns on the walk-ramp lights* "This is no good... it almost washes out the entire thing..." *turns lights off*

*Terras*
"Hmmm, it almost seems like its a ghost or some apirition... it has a definate shape, yet its not a solid form... and it's just sitting there... I dunno Raven, but this is starting to spook me out..."

"I don't see the relevance Terras, if it's not moving and it has no form, then how can it harm us? what is there to be spooked about?"

*Terras*
"Simply Raven, there are just some things that can't be explained... if thats the remains of some long dead sith, then we could be in for some real trouble... i'm not into hokey jedi religeons, but i'm not about to test that sith theory... Suppose we'll sit here as long as it don't move... "

*mockingly*"Ohh, so there are things your scared of... I'd never have thought... especially of things that seem relatively harmless..."

*Terras*
*retorts* "Ha. Ha. Hey sister, it was you who woke me up because of this remember?!? ... ok, fine... want me to do something bout it Raven? Just watch me..." *Gets up and heads for the utility locker by the walk ramp, grabs a glowrod & headset, and hits the lower ramp button*

*Terras walks down the ramp with a lit glowrod in one hand and a blaster in the other.... Terras walks closer to the apirition for a closer look, then waves the glowrod through it a few times* "Hope your taking a good look at this Raven... he looks like an older corellian guy dressed in robes... He may very well might have been a jedi or sith but he ain't one now... musta been the spot where those creatures tore hit apart several ages ago..."

*With all of a sudden, the walk-ramps raises and locls shut*

*Terras*
*turns around to see the ramp shut securely* "Very funny Raven... lower the ramp now please... Raven... i'm ordering you now... Raven???"

*Dark ominous whispery voice on Terras's headset*
"You... Dared... To... Provoke Me?... You... Will... Feel... My... WRATH!!! ..."

*Terras*
*startled* "Sith on a Stick!!! Now there's a sith in the machine that took over Raven's circuitry?!? Raven!!!" *in a stomping raging fit outside the ship* "Come out and do your worst you sithspawn!!! Cowering inside a ship eh???"

*starts giggling & laughing hysterically unable to stop, barely speaking in gasps between laughs and giggles* "Terras! .... the look .... on your .... face! ... ...Priceless! ... ... You ... actually ... believed ... for a ... moment!?! ... ... You ... and ... your hokey ... superstitions... i couldn't ... resist! ..."

*Terras*
*stuptified and recovering* "Ok Raven ... I admit... good one. You really had me going there for a moment... Joke's over now... I dunno when you had a holoprojector that could project externally but you can turn it off now..." *stands with relief and has a another look around* "You can also lower the ramp again Raven..."

*calming down from a fit of laughter* "Hoo boy Terras, are the Bothans ever gonna enjoy this holovid playback... By the way Terras, allwhile I was playing on your sith fears, I wasn't playing with any holoprojections... that's a bonified anomally standing right beside you..."

*Terras*
"Sith on a stick Raven! are you tryin to scare me to death on the spot?? This ain't funny no more! and lower that blasted walkramp already! and it's startin to get dark out here!"

"Sorry, no can do Terras *giggles* All ship personal who have been scared sithless must remain outside for an indisclosed amount of time..."

*Terras*
*miffed* "Give it a rest already! ... i'd swear the sith have gotten into your circuits... Oh well.. if your gonna play hardball... fine... might as well find a place to get comfortable and enjoy the sunset..." *clicks off the headset and walks a fair distance away from the ship to a clearing near the beach front*

*Terras*
*speaks to himself* "Hey, if thats the way she wants to play it... that's fine by me... it's been a while since i seen a good sunset" *finds a comfortable spot to lay back on and mellows out*

*meanwhile inside the ship*

*See's Terras walking away into the distance towards the beachfront* "Terras! come back here! don't- <click> Terras! you had better not have turned off you comlink! Terras! Terras?!?"

*Terras is enjoying the time out afterall and only wished for a steaming mug of JavStim... several hours pass while watching the sunset slowly burn brightly then fade into darkness*

*unbeknowsnts to Terras, the island's nocturnal inhabitants are slowly stirring from dormancy, ready for another night of hunting*

*Terras*
*glances at his chronowatch, speaks to himself* "Wow, cant beleive hours have passed on such a beautiful sight like that... Only wish i has a holocam to record it... perhaps Raven had some sense and did so... Hmm, next time I come back, i'll have to go for a dip... Ahh well, i should head back... and maybe turn on the headset but not just yet... a few minutes more of letting Raven stew in her juices certainly won't hurt" *Grins to himself, as he gets up, stretches, and slowly starts to head back to the ship*

*As Terras starts walking back to the ship, he hears some rustling noises in the bushes nearby*

*Terras*
*stops in mid tracks* "Hmm, must be a breaze kickin up..." *continues walking again and hears some clatering and low audible growling* "Uh, oh... I think the kids have woken up and have come out to play.... Smart Terras, real smart walking such a distance away from the ship" *chides himself as he starts picking up the pace into a brisk walk*

*Terras*
*starts hearing more clatering and noises from the bushes nearby, starting to get more concerned & worried... fumbles with the headset controls to get a line open to Raven* "Raven! You there?!? fire up your scanners and tell me i'm imagining things out here!"

*gravely, panicky* "It's not your imagination Terras, i'm picking up multiple creatures stirring and closing in on your position; you'd better hurry back and be quick about it!" *acusingly* "And Terras? where in nine siths were you?!?! don't you ever turn off your comlink again you hear me??? I was worried sick being cut-off like that for the last several hours! I was about to fire up and start looking for you!" *powers on the landing lights*

*Terras*
*starts into a slight jog, seeing the faint visibility of the ship's landing lights turned on, the natural sunlight rapidly diminishing now, hears more creatures stirring closer* "Raven! I don't think i'm gonna be able to make it! they're getting closer now!" *picks up into a heavy jogging pace, and watching not to stumble on the growth*

*serious* "I hear you loud and clear! I'm firing up now and will meet you in a few moments!" *Raven cycles through a rapid self systems check and fires up the repulsor lifts and rasies of the ground, using the sublights for momentum and tilts slightly forward from the thrust*

*Terras*
*Seeing the Raven rapidly draw closer, breaks into a dead run as the dark predators start dashing out of the bushes lounging for their running prey, shouts into the comlink* "Hurry it on over Raven! they're really after me now!!!"

"On my way!" *gives an extra boost into the engines and narrows the distance between Terras within seconds*

*The YT-2400 piloted by it's own AI speeds towards Terras with haste, and then cuts it's sublights and skids 45degrees to the right with it's landing ramp extended and hovering waveringly from the abrupt halt in momentum just inches above ground*

*Terras*
*sees the YT stop and skid just a few few infront of him with the already lowered landing ramp pointed directly infront of him and bolts up the ramp without delay* "Raven! ... take us outa here!" *pants inbetween breaths, and hits the ramp controls to raise them*

"Aye Aye! .... but where to?"

<Scricth!!!!!! CLUNK!!! CLANK!!! SCREEEEEECH!!!!! SCRAAATCH!!!!
CLINK!!!! CLANK!!!!>

*worriedly shouts* "They're all around us! they're climbing ontop of us! they're like a big swarm!!!"

*ship tilts unsteadily, rocking and swaying as creatures frenziedly try to find a way into the metalic ship for their escaped prey*

*Terras*
*runs to the cockpit* "Raven! retract your landing skids! interface with the turrets to drive then off! I'm gonna lift higher up if I can and shake the rest of them off!" *straps himself in and grips the flight controls*

*Raven interfaces with both turrets and swivels them, firing tandomly in hope of scaring them of, and disinteraging those who are most frenzied to be scared away, Terras punches the sublights and climbs above the treeline in a steep climb of acceleration, shaking the remaining creatures of the hull...*

*Terras*
"Whew! that was a close one! You were great back there by the way, and not a moment too soon either..."

*calming down* "I'll say! that was another close one... are you alright? "

*Terras*
"A bit tuckered out from the excursion, but otherwise just fine and more glad than ever to be hearing your voice once again... For a few moments back there, I seriously thought i'd be them overgrown wampwrat's midnight snack..."

*scoldingly* "Well, it'll serve you right now to venture off that far ever again, and with your comlink turned off..."

*Terras*
"Alright alright already! A near skinning allive once tonight was good enough for me... have to look for a better place to set down... "

"Alright, I suppose you had your fill of it for this evening... So, where are we headed? we surely can't break orbit and hope they've forgotten us by now...

*Terras*
*trying to relaxe* "I dunno, but something says I should lay in a course dead ahead so that's what i'm gonna do..."

*Terras steady's the climb to a level flight path, above the waterline, and descents back to just above the waterline and heads on a straight course to nowheres inparticular and relying on one of few strange hunches he's been getting lately*

It's now pure nightfall with a starry sky above... Cloudless, the pinpricks of stars faintly reflecting ontp the obsidian black ocean... only meters above the gentle wavecrests, a YT-2400 soars steadily to a destination unknown

*Terras grows sleepy behind the controls, the ship bobs and weaves slightly while skiiming above the obsidian black wavecrests*

*alarmed by the bobing & weaving while close to the wavecrests* "Terras!!! are you awake?!? wakeup!!!"

*Terras*
*tries to shakeoff the groggyness* "Huh? whoa ... sorry Raven... i've been running it hard the last 24hrs... it's catching up to me at hyperspeed... thx for the wakeup call Raven"

*warningly* "A few more bobs and dips, and we'll skip along the surface before going for a swim with the sea creatures... or what's left of us that don't disintegrate when we hit the water at these speeds..."

*Terra*
"Good point... allright... gimme all you got into your sublights, we'll raise a bit higher above the surface to reduce drag and find the nearest landmass to land on for a good night's sleep..."

"Aye Aye... But i'm taking over if you bob and dip again..."

*Terras*
"Thx Raven..."

"Ok, i've boosted the sublights all I can... shouldn't be long before we reach next land mass..."

*20 minutes pass slowly as the YT-2400 aproaches a large continental land mass... mixed with plains, hills and forests*

"We've reached landmass Terras.. still hangin in there?"

*Terras*
*wearily* "Yeah... just barely... well, my hunch feels we arn't to far off from where we should land..."

*puzzled* "Your hunch? you've been getting those lately i've noticed... It baffles me and i'm gonna look into it more once we reach next space port... so, where does your hunch tell you to land?"

*Terras*
"Hmmm i'd say somewheres past that next clearing where the forests are... see if you can't pick anything up on your sensors..."

"You're starting to get wierd on me, but alright... I'll use active sensors ... It just might prove interesting..."

*The YT-2400 flies several minutes over the contenint , over plains, clearings and forestry...*

"Terras! sensors pick up a small ship... possibly a relic of a Seinier Fleet Yards design my sensors don't pick up anything much more than tha... its not to far from here..."

*Terras*
"Allright... lets settle down a few yards away, and over some brush again for best cover... Take her down Raven.. i'm done for tonight..." *gets up wearily and drags himself to his quarters...*

"Aye Aye Terras... and Goodnight Terras. I'll wake you at sunrise."

*Raven sets down the YT-2400 in a forested area with good arial above fauna coverage, and only a few yards away from an un-identified but known make of starship... Raven powers down, and keeps defenses on standby as she keeps a vigil watchful eye while waiting sunrise*

It is well past midnight... a lone YT-2400 sits resting under tall shrubbery gaurding from overhead sight... only yards away from a ship in which Terras was guided to by some unknown hunch.