PDA

View Full Version : Smuggling Spice

Rogue Janson
14 March 2002, 12:17 PM
I was wondering about spice smuggling. How much spice is likely to be carried in a typical trip and what are the profit margins and mark-ups for the various players?
I'm trying to see if my players are interested in a bit of smuggling work at the moment and I couldn't decide on what was a good quantity to transport, how much money they would make out of it and various questions. Any information would be very useful.

Jastor
14 March 2002, 12:50 PM
depends on what kind of spice.. glitterstim, ryll, etc.

and the quality. if im not misstaken, you can pay 3-5000 per G of glitterstim.

hehehe... spice... the funny thing with spice is the translation :) since in sweden, it went as spice, when you spice up food etc ;) hehehe.. "how in hell could he owe jabba the hutt so much for salt/pepper?" hehehe :)

darth maim
14 March 2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Jastor
depends on what kind of spice.. glitterstim, ryll, etc.

and the quality. if im not misstaken, you can pay 3-5000 per G of glitterstim.

hehehe... spice... the funny thing with spice is the translation :) since in sweden, it went as spice, when you spice up food etc ;) hehehe.. "how in hell could he owe jabba the hutt so much for salt/pepper?" hehehe :)

Spice is spice no matter where you are and until it was better explained I'm sure several people were scratching their heads at that one.

Also I believe there is a chart in one of the books or gamer or something... if anyone else knows where this might have been feel free to interject here but I'll look for it when I get a moment.

Bombaatu
14 March 2002, 09:38 PM
I think GL lifted the term spice (meaning "drug") from Dune by Frank Herbert.

Besides, we can't have two of Our Heros being drug-runners... no-no-no... they are spice-smugglers... sounds much better, especially to the sensibilities of the '70s.