PDA

View Full Version : New name for AotC

Jastor
14 March 2002, 12:56 PM
some people like, some people dont like, the title Attack of the Clones. What do you think would be a better title?

Deck
14 March 2002, 01:24 PM
Well, here are the favourites of a poll on TheForce.Net, posted a while ago. :) 15,748 fans voted! ;)

<center><a href="http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/surveys/survey167.shtml" target=_blank">Which of these EP2 titles would have been better?</a></center>

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
14 March 2002, 02:53 PM
I had thought that The Clones Wars would have been a better title until I said, "Star Wars Clone Wars." Try it, say it out loud to yourself in front of your computer right now. Say it a few times and see what you think.

dgswensen
14 March 2002, 04:24 PM
I think it should be called <I>Star Wars Episode II: Here Comes Uncle Elmer</I>.

Nah, I'm one of those folks who thinks <I>Attack of the Clones</I> is fine. To me, getting hung up on the title is like getting upset about the box of a game you like -- you're not playing the box, you're playing the game. I'm not excited about what Episode II is called, but what's in it.

Habuth
14 March 2002, 04:48 PM
Well, I'm not overtly familiar with the full details of the Episode II plotline. Attack of the Clones sounds like a B movie to me :D

I looked at the poll mentioned and I didn't like any of the suggestions... If you ask me, the word "clone" just doesn't sound right in a title.

As for an alternative, I'd go for something less obvious. Now, I gather that a number of Jedi die in Episode II? Then I'd go for something like "Star Wars: Tragedy at X" where X is the place where they all get killed off :)

darth maim
14 March 2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Habuth
Well, I'm not overtly familiar with the full details of the Episode II plotline. Attack of the Clones sounds like a B movie to me :D

I looked at the poll mentioned and I didn't like any of the suggestions... If you ask me, the word "clone" just doesn't sound right in a title.

As for an alternative, I'd go for something less obvious. Now, I gather that a number of Jedi die in Episode II? Then I'd go for something like "Star Wars: Tragedy at X" where X is the place where they all get killed off :)

Aside from the fact that people should focus more on the fact that there's a galactic war (hence the clone wars) going on thn a handful of dead jedi. how about something like Starwars Ep II: descent into madness or just descent? As the central story is really Anakin's fall. Anyway, I think atack of the clones is fine. I initially had the B movie title misgivings... (though honestly how much better is The Empire Strikes Back... it almost directly mirrors Attack of the Clones [at least title relating to content wise... can't really say much on the plot yet]) but I'm over that and looking forward to a good movie. Maybe if they focus less on Jar Jar and flatulance I'll see a great movie.

dgswensen
14 March 2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Habuth
Well, I'm not overtly familiar with the full details of the Episode II plotline. Attack of the Clones sounds like a B movie to me :D[/B]Well, I love Star Wars, but it's not like it's <I>The Battleship Potemkin</I> or something...

Now, I gather that a number of Jedi die in Episode II? Then I'd go for something like "Star Wars: Tragedy at X" where X is the place where they all get killed off :)<I>Star Wars: Tragedy at X</I> sounds like either a PBS special or a Lifetime movie! :)

IVIarco
25 March 2002, 03:31 AM
Star Wars: Rise of the Empire

Star Wars: Fall of the Republic (maybe for Episode III)

Star Wars: Darkness Rising

Something GRAND and EPIC. I mean, I admit that I'm getting =used= to AoTC, but only because I know I'll have to deal with it. I mean, TPM seemed like a pretty stupid title at the time, but I'm hoping after all 3 prequels are out, it'll all mesh together in retrospect.

-Marco

BrianDavion
25 March 2002, 08:07 AM
the title is SUPPOSED to sound like a B movie... it harkens back to the old flash gorden serials etc

Habuth
26 March 2002, 10:23 AM
IT couldn't be called rise of the empire. People'd always be getting RotJ and RotE mixed up :p

madpoet
26 March 2002, 11:20 AM
How about "Star Wars: Episode II, Electric Boogaloo?:p :D

Cordova Bossk
30 March 2002, 06:58 PM
I dunno about you guys but I thought Rise of the Clones wasn't too bad. In fact I thought it sounded really cool. We could say RotC!!