PDA

View Full Version : Thought you might get a kick out of this

phoenixbrose
15 March 2002, 11:24 PM
My troupe just finished our weekly session and got the shock of their character's lives.

Here's the basic plot outline thus far.

This is set about a year before the YV invasion. Three Jedi were sent on a mission with a Ryn Scoundrel and an ex-Stormtrooper to find a missing Jedi named Shira Brie (fans of the old Marvel comics can groan at will for that one). Along the way, they were captured by an Imperial Star Destroyer where they encountered an army of Sith warriors led by a female Sith Lord named Lumiya (another groan?). Apparantly she is trying to ressurect the old Sith Empire. They were set free to deliver a warning to the New Republic. While continuing the investigation into Jedi Brie's disappearance, they found a planet that was occupied by the Sith. Here they met another Sith Lord named Flint, and rescued a new party member - a Chiss pilot.

Upon returning to Coruscant, they recieved wonderful (?) news - Jedi Brie was alive! She had returned badly beaten and was recovering. Once she was well enough, she accompanied them on a fact-finding mission to uncover the truth about the new Sith Empire. Along the way, she offered to help the Jedi train to work together as one group. She offered to take over the role of their Masters temporarily (hehe), which they gladly accepted.

Once they arrived at their next destination (after she had given them a good bit of instruction), they uncovered the source of the thousands of exiting Sith troops - and underground cloning facility. Shira wasted no time tearing into the still-incubating clones, followed by two of the three Jedi. The third though it out and realized that these clones had done nothing wrong yet, and just how bad the other two were screwing up. He called out and warned them, whereupon they realized what they had just done and were awarded their 5 DSPs each. One almost gained another as he snapped and went looking for Shira, who had disappeared. They discovered they were trapped in this room as the cylinders began to open and release the warriors. A comm came on and they learned that Shira was actually Lumiya. The Scoundrel managed to hotwire the lock and they escaped (he rolled 2, count 'em TWO natural 20s in a row!!!).

Now I have one Jedi a DSP away from being tainted, another 2 away, and the third having to maintain the peace between them.

They all admitted that they had been tricked and fell hook, line, and sinker.

This should be alot of fun for me now, as they try to atone or fall futher down the dark path.

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this. I'm looking for ideas as to what to do next. I have some, but other GM's devious sides can always make my ideas more devious!

Rick Vogt
16 March 2002, 03:47 AM
:raised: Can you say DEVIOUS?!? hehehe....I love it.......that is something along the lines of what I have planned for our next campaign...although it will take place in the LF ...i.e. RotE era.

Definetly like that though..........some masterful GMing involved with thast one I'm guessing. Anyway......I definetly enjoyed the story......

B)

Donovan Morningfire
16 March 2002, 08:24 AM
Very good work indeed phoenixbrose. At least you had players who were good enough to admit they'd gotten hoodwinked on a massive scale.

Admittedly, there was more than a little cheese in there from the sounds of it (like a Sith raising a clone army), but it's all good.

So two Jedi on the edge of falling, one trying to reel them back. And folks say it's hard to get Jedi PCs to turn to the dark side :D

Lokar
16 March 2002, 10:57 AM
I like it. :D When you say Sith, do you mean the actual Sith from the the comics, or dark side warriors?

phoenixbrose
16 March 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Lokar
I like it. :D When you say Sith, do you mean the actual Sith from the the comics, or dark side warriors?

Sith Sith. As in Old Republic Sith. I've basically had Lumiya ignore Darth Bane's "Rule of Two" and ressurect the Old Sith. It remains to be seen if that theory will backfire on her or not...

dragonseye
19 March 2002, 02:54 PM
Heh,

My GM tried that one on us once with several tubes of Emperor Palpatines maturing clones. My Jedi was the only one who caught on to it (thankfully before the other Jedi tried killing the clones.) Pretty funny considering my Jedi was the one who fell hard to the Dark Side- (That's what the GM gets for killing off a characters best friend.)

I bet your players will be extremely carefull around you from now on. Kudos to you. :D (Just try not to use it all of the time, otherwise the players may become far too paranoid with alll of your games... From experience, it can sometimes hinder the GM's and player's enjoyment of the game.)

QWERTY
20 March 2002, 06:22 AM
my fave for turning is during a having combat where the pcs a up tight like at the end of my curreant campaighn (gonna carry on running it just need a rest) where the pcs whre against papatines/isards kids Aprentece. I ofered the Ewok jedi 4 free ranks in the dark side.

the main ploy is chracter desperation if a person is not attached to a charcter he is not realy going to be bothered if it goes to the darkside but if the person is attached he will have to way up the. is it worth it scale to fall to the dark and not let my charcter die both mean death eventualy but i can roleplay my way out

phoenixbrose i think you where a bit heavy on the darkside points