PDA

View Full Version : Hoojibs

Danan Valos
16 March 2002, 12:50 PM
I am a veteran role-player and at this moment I am playing a hoojib. I find that they are a very versatile species. Not only can they suck energy from energy cells and living beings, they have many other uses.

General knowledge, as stated in the Alien Anthology, is that there are no language barriers because of their telepathy. Also, they can rarely be hit by ranged weapons becuase of their small size. But, there is something I discovered when is started playing my Force Adept Hoojib.

I discovered that as a Force Adept, I could use Heal Self and Heal Another on one's that i was sucking energy from. The dissipate energy force feat is also very nice for this. For example, if I am a hoojib in a party, I will use my drain energy feat to drain the energy from a party member. I will then use my Heal Another force skill to heal back their health.

This way, both of us (the member and I) can get the best of my powers.

Feel free to write back!

DirkGreystoke
16 March 2002, 08:06 PM
I always like Hoojibs ever since they came out. What type of adventures are you running for this character? What does he do?

Ronin
17 March 2002, 02:20 AM
Where can I find more about Hoojibs?
I swear I`ve seen or read about `em before Alien Anthologies......

DirkGreystoke
17 March 2002, 08:24 AM
Where can I find more about Hoojibs?

As far as I know they first appeared back in the early 80's in one of those books that came with records. I believe it was called Planet of the Hoojibs but I am not sure. They also made appearences in the orginal Marvel Comics series from 1977-1985. If you want something more recent I am pretty sure it is SW Gamer #4 or #5 has stuff on the Hoojibs. I don't have the Alien Anthology {yet} so I don't know what that does or does not have on them.

Sil7
17 March 2002, 10:35 AM
I am personaly a fan of Hoojibs as well. What is the best way to run them? I've never read the comics so I don't know much... But they are interesting.

Sil7

Danan Valos
22 March 2002, 02:00 PM
Hello, this is Danan Valos again. Here is some more information on those wonderful hoojibs!

Okay, first, hoojibs are found on their homeplanet, Arbra. They first appeared in a 'Read-A-Long' record named Planet of the Hoojibs, a Star Wars Further Adventure. They also appeared in issue 55 of the Marvel series when a rebel survey team lead by Princess Leia visited their homeworld. In issue 67, Artoo, Threepio, Chewbacca and a party of Hoojibs encountered The Darker, an ancient evil living in a ruined city hidden beneath the surface of Arbra. Plif the Hoojib became a recurring character throughout the remainder of the series and played a notable role in issue 87. Hoojibs are also mentioned in the Alien Anthology and in Star Wars Gamer #4.

I don't know what others may think, but hoojibs are pretty difficult to play. First, you must get used to being under half a meter tall. Another thing is unless a character knows you are telepathic, if you talk to them they will start looking around for someone their height; they will not look towards their feet. My friends definitely didn't think I could have played a hoojib well, but I ended playing him very nicely. Once you get a hang of their advantages and disadvantages, they are not all that difficult to play.

Another disadvantage with hoojibs, though, is that weapons are a no-no. A hoojib could definitely not carry a weapon around like a blaster or lightsaber. I guess if you really tried, you could creat some sort of sheath for a small dagger, but I really don't find a use for weapons because of their small size and energy-draining abilities.

If there are still questions, please feel free to respond!

FULONGAMER
23 March 2002, 05:07 AM
And here is a source for much of the Marvel information on these fine fuzzy beings...

Home of the Lost Star Warriors (http://members.aol.com/heywood254/index.html)

Heywood's site has some very interesting bits (heck, it's all interesting bits) and will serve you well.

True, it is a D6 site, but it captures the species rather well, and is far more engaging than the sterile approach used in the Alien Anthology for D20. Once you can get ahold of it, combine them for the best of both worlds and enjoy!

Mathis Kharr
24 March 2002, 05:46 PM
Hoojibs sound pretty cool I may have to check out that species. I am usually one to play humans but they sound nice.