PDA

View Full Version : Only one?!? I had more than that!!

Cordova Bossk
16 March 2002, 04:32 PM
I'm a new player, as you can see on my status, and I've started a few threads, but my profile still says only one (It might be two when I'm done making this thread) and then when I post somthing (thread) the thing still says one, but it says my latest post (thread) is my only thread! Anybody else having these problems.

P.S. I'll bet now after all this I'll go back and it'll be fixed and all this will have been for nothing (with MY luck it will)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
16 March 2002, 07:08 PM
Certain fourms don't count toward your post count. I know that C&M doesn't and possibly the Roleplaying fourm.

Grimace
16 March 2002, 07:45 PM
FrobiWanKenobi is correct. I went and looked at your posts, Cordova and found that all but 3 (currently) posts have been made in the Chaos & Misc. forum. Posts do not count towards your total in that forum. The rest of the forums count all posts.

I hope this helps clear up some confusion.

Tramp
19 March 2002, 01:17 PM
Question for you Grimace: Why don't posts in the Chaose & Misc. count towards your count total? Just curious.

Armage Bedar
19 March 2002, 02:14 PM
I can field this. We turned them off because we had a problem several months back with people trying to inflate their post count by engaging in "post races". Taking that and several other things into account, we decided to just disable post counts in C&M.

Post counts don't really make that much of a difference (except for things like status lines), so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tramp
19 March 2002, 05:39 PM
Makes sense Armage. Thanks.