PDA

View Full Version : Kessel

lordbynight
16 March 2002, 07:46 PM
Im looking for any information and maps on kessel was wondering if anyone can help? or at least lead me in the right direction I need it for my D20 campain.

DirkGreystoke
16 March 2002, 08:05 PM
I know they go to Kessel in the Jedi Academy series of novels by Kevin J. Anderson. I also recall a book that had some Ralph McQuerrie paintings of different planets...not sure what it is called but I think Kessel might have been in that book. Good luck.

QWERTY
20 March 2002, 04:12 AM
If i remember right in one of the new jedi order books. leia sets up a small base in the Maw cluster for the resitance allies

BillyBeanbag
20 March 2002, 07:20 AM
Read the first book in the Jedi Academy series by Kevin J. Anderson. It will give you a lot of cool info on the Kessel system, I plan to write it up for use in a game, but I haven't had time yet.

Armadious
20 March 2002, 08:41 AM
There is always the Jedi Academy Sourcebook by WEG.

I do not think there were any maps in it but there was a lot of info on Kessel there, like defences, the spice spiders, also some on the Maw Cluster.

IMO it would probably be of more use then the entire JAT put togather.

It even makes Dalla look half competent, imagine that!!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
20 March 2002, 11:06 AM
The Jedi Academy Sourcebook has a 10 page chapter on Kessel. It does give a lot of background on the planet along with the garrison moon it once had. It gives some details about the Imperial Correction facility that Doole had taken over, but doesn't provide any maps.

Deck
20 March 2002, 12:36 PM
Exactly. I recommend the <i>Jedi Academy SB</i> as well, even if you are a d20 player. These sourcebooks are still good for getting lots of information. They are mainly sourcebooks. You can just read them and using d20 stats instead. :)

There is also the <i>Essential Guide to Planets and Moons</i> where you could look as well.

Good luck on your campaign! :)

reliant
21 March 2002, 11:00 AM
Spice spiders are in the Aliens Anthology book and "Essential Guide..." has good info on the planet itself.

Mathis Kharr
24 March 2002, 06:06 PM
Anyone seen any maps of this place? i would like them for an adventure

Deck
26 March 2002, 10:52 AM
What kind of maps exactly? Do you need maps of the spce caves under the surface of Kessel? If you need such maps, you could easily create some yourself. These caves are digged through the planet, so you can just chose your own place.

Or you can make a detailed read of the passages in the <i>Jedi Academy</i> books to get an impression of these tunnels. :)