PDA

View Full Version : POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Palpatine...mastermind, opportunist, or both?

DirkGreystoke
17 March 2002, 01:31 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS INCLUDED

I have a problem in my Episode I-II era game right now, and it has to do with Palpatine. After seeing the trailers for EPII, it is apparent to me that the Clone Wars begin.....and the two sides appear to be the Jedi/Republic versus "the separatists" {whoever they might be} My problem is this, is Palpatine......

A) A man who engineers the entire Clone Wars so that he can become Emporer someday. He manipulates both sides in a manner similar to what he did in The Phantom Menace.

Or

B) The Clone Wars were something that just happened and he took advantage of the war, using the chaos of the times to assume power.

I realize that we won't know this until the movie comes out, but how do I stall my players until the movie comes out. Some of them have suspicioins already about a corrpt Republic, but have yet to link Palpatine to any of it.

Nazgul
17 March 2002, 01:52 PM
I'd say A. Let's face it the Sith have been plotting revenge for a very long time.

BrianDavion
17 March 2002, 02:06 PM
also, you gotta love what Palpy said to Anakin in the new trailer "you don't need guidance anakin I see you becoming the most powerful of all Jedi"

Palpy is clearly playing to the kids ego and trying to croupt him

Jastor
17 March 2002, 02:56 PM
im more of a fan of B

he may have had a finger or twenty in the war, but still

darth maim
17 March 2002, 11:47 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that it's A. He needs to create a huge army and get public backing at the same time in order to declare himself emporer... how does one do this? Create a HUGE war. There's no way he just lucked into this war... NO WAY.

Jastor
18 March 2002, 12:54 AM
so he just contact the mandalorians :) and tell them "start a new war with us, that will slay millions, but in the end let me win" ? :) hehe

darth maim
18 March 2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Jastor
so he just contact the mandalorians :) and tell them "start a new war with us, that will slay millions, but in the end let me win" ? :) hehe

It's a clone army... something whichhe is known to do and appears to do so in this very movie. He's got Bob on a leash in the later movies why not Jango first?

Jastor
18 March 2002, 01:33 AM
still, the cloning technology was the Mandalorians (until the Jedis stole it from them and used it for their own), well thats the old story. dont know what of this is current in the movie.

Mathis Kharr
26 March 2002, 04:15 PM
Palpatine engineered it all with a lot of help. he had backers in every corner and then when they were not needed anymore he cut the strings.

horn1974
26 March 2002, 11:15 PM
we r talkin clones here so my gut tells me palpatine is a clone of sidious remember in the phantom menace dvd mr. lucas stresses themes. things not always what they look likesuch as the switch with padme and sabe

horn1974
26 March 2002, 11:17 PM
and i do believe he mastermminded the war

Mathis Kharr
26 March 2002, 11:34 PM
Yes i would agree that he has been using clones of sidious for a while , would also go into the whole dark empire thing. Although they don't fully recognize it except as official it has allways been one of my favorites

bmenges
27 March 2002, 09:40 AM
Consider who leads the separatists: Count Dooku aka
Darth Tyranus

Of course Palpatine is behind it all. As for Sidious using a clone of Palpatine, Palpatine is Sidious. Although I agree, he probably is using clones of himself at this time.