PDA

View Full Version : Help

Major_Turr_Phennir
17 March 2002, 05:54 PM
I'm a somewhat new role-player and I want some advice. The Yuzzems in the Star Wars Essential Guide to Alien Species really appeal to me. It says they are incredibly intelligent, have great strength, and volatile temperaments. For d20 should they get a +4 to Strength, +2 to Intelligence, -2 to Dexterity, -4 to Wisdow, and -2 to Charisma? For the rage factor should I just make it equal to the Wookie Rage? The book says their language is mostly unpronounceable to humans, so should they be able to speak Basic? It also says they are not readily frightened or intimidated, and stubborn so what should I do about that? Can I make up their society? It says they follow prey by scent so what do I do there?

Sanjuro
18 March 2002, 06:22 AM
OK, first, let me just say that whatever you decide to do should be fine as long as it maintains the fun of the game.

I am not really familiar with the species you are asking about, but as a GM, here is what I can tell you.

I would use the wookie rage as a template for the Yuzzems rage.

I would model their language after the wookie language as well, able to be understood by other races, but only spoken by Yuzzems. As far as restricting their ability to speak other languages, such as in the case of wookies, that is up to you, but I would treat them like the big fur balls. As far as being intimidated or stubborn you could always give them a sense motive bonus, but I would probably just consider it a descriptor of the species, like Cerians being a Peaceful race. As far as their background and society are concerned, go nuts. Shape the universe to your desires and will. I would probably give them a bonus to search.

Hope that helps, B)

Nazgul
18 March 2002, 06:32 AM
There is a write up in the latest SW Gamer about them, :)