PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 Leak

lordbynight
17 March 2002, 08:53 PM
Ok I was surfing the Force.net site and found a link to someone who saw a rough cut of the movie and reviewed it. I want to share that information with all of you here in the community.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=11796

enjoy!!! :D

darth maim
18 March 2002, 01:09 AM
I can't help being VERY skeptical about this. I actually worked in the movie theatre when EP1 came out and it was so tight security it was rediculous. There was no employee screening and NOONE was able to slide their friends in. If either happened the theatre it took place in lost the rights to play any future prequels. No crap, we actually had a rep of LFL come through checking it all out. (This was a random thing so not every theatre had it happen but Christ man that's a lot of trouble to go through to make sure nothing is being done against the wishes of Lucas) The guy actually frickin hit up random people during the previews for stubs. He looked through camera footage for like 3 hours and he did the initial walkthrough without saying who he was. He bought a ticket to a different movie (with a voucher which wasn't able to be applied toward the movie the first week due to sellouts) and tried to slide in (thank god we actually did the at the door ticket check for this movie). Anyway this experience left me with a feeling as to how these things work and thus make me very unlikely to believe the I saw an advanced screening crap.

Jastor
18 March 2002, 01:40 AM
also :) i think that the security will be tighter now than with TPM since the bootlegging has become more widespread.

Rigil Kent
18 March 2002, 06:04 AM
I'm not so sure you can be skeptical about Harry Knowles over at Aint It Cool News; he has this uncanny ability to get advance screenings and the like. Further, if you check out the Drudge Report, he has a news item that says LFL is freaking out that Knowles got this rough cut screening.

Here's to hoping he's accurate though...

Master Dao Rin
18 March 2002, 10:20 PM
I don't believe it. Harry is known to yank people's chains.

He's far too vague about the whole thing - he doesn't even really give a good description of any of the scenes except for stuff everyone already knows about and that has been around on the net for awhile now.

Its a load of bantha poodoo.

Nova Spice
19 March 2002, 03:34 PM
I agree,this a load of poodoo! He just wanted to get in the spotlight a bit before the movie comes out. I don't believe a word he says and neither should anyone else. Lucasfilms will find out that he was lying I guarantee it!
At least I hope I guarantee it.... :(

But does it matter anyway? So what if he has seen it? It isn't going to truly hurt anyone is it?

Krad-edis
19 March 2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
But does it matter anyway? So what if he has seen it? It isn't going to truly hurt anyone is it?

I don't think it is going to do anything except make more people want to go see it. Overall, his commentary seemed to make the movie even more exciting than the trailers. He seemed more enthusiastic about it then he did negative.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

The part about Dooku and Yoda, and his usage of colorful words to describe Yoda's Force Lightning Juggling and toss back(A new feat?), and lightsaber handling makes me want to camp out to see it. This movie is going to freaking rule!!!!!!!

Jake Sunspot
15 April 2002, 11:17 PM
I have so much fear and aprehension about Attack of the Clones I was 3 years old in May of 1977 and my father took me to see Star Wars on the opening day, before it was even called Episode IV. I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since. I HOPE TO GOD that this is a real review of the movie and that he actually saw the film. I hated The Phantom Menace so much and felt betrayed by a man that people like me made into a frigging millionare. Episode II HAS TO BE GOOD, if it isn't I don't think I will bother with a third insult

Reverend Strone
16 April 2002, 12:01 PM
Reading Knowles's review has given me renewed hope, plus the reports coming out of various spies. I tend to believe this review.

Having met Harry Knowles, I know the guy is very well informed and connected. People do way big favours for this guy, and I'm certain that studios deliberately leak stuff to him if they think he'll give it good press, because he's percieved as one of the geeks- which gives him more street cred with loads of folks.

The only thing that gives me some pause is that Knowles also gave TPM the big thumbs up, but after reading what he's said, it's hard to imagine AOTC not rocking. Still, I'm being cautious after that last one let me down so bad. Great visuals do not alone, a great movie make.

dragonseye
20 April 2002, 04:04 PM
Alright, I hope this is enough of a space for those of you who want to avoid any Spoilers...

I flipped briefly through the comic adaptaion of Ep 2 (saw it at Media Play if anyone's curious about it) and Yoda deffinitely fights with a light saber... I did see that someone threw force lightning around, but I didn't see who it was that did it. I also noticed that Anakin does fight the Count with two light sabers (a blue and a green one.) As far as I could tell, the ending of the movie contains the very beginning of the Clone Wars nor did it look like Anakin fought Obi Wan... I believe Obi Wan was injured by the Count fellow and Anakin jumps to the rescue.

To be honest, I gave a brief glance and put it down immediately afterwards... I personally want the movie to be at least a little bit of a surprise. I just figured I'd let you guys know about what I saw... BTW, for those who care, the artwork was very good looking to me... most likely a comic to own.

Master Dao Rin
21 April 2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jake Sunspot
I have so much fear and aprehension about Attack of the Clones I was 3 years old in May of 1977 and my father took me to see Star Wars on the opening day, before it was even called Episode IV. I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since. I HOPE TO GOD that this is a real review of the movie and that he actually saw the film. I hated The Phantom Menace so much and felt betrayed by a man that people like me made into a frigging millionare. Episode II HAS TO BE GOOD, if it isn't I don't think I will bother with a third insult

Have you seen the trailers? Jango Fett? All I can say is:

This movie is gonna rock ... :D

Dark72Jedi
22 April 2002, 02:12 PM
From what I understand George was a little upset that the long time fans were the ones that didn't like the movie and really had gripes with it. I believe that I read this on the forcenet. Anyways, he was supposed to have gone a long way to improve relations with the original fanbase again. Heck, even Ewan McGregor says this one is more to the feel of 4, 5, and 6 and is awesome. He was pretty harsh (deservedly so) on the first one.
I myself was angered by it and until recent came back...I'm talking the last 2 days. Also check out alderanet, they have a breakdown of the whole story. The forcenet also has some cards and one of them reveals

!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Dooku cutting off Anakin's arm! Alderanet also reveals (if this is true) that when Anakin discovers his mother in the desert and she passes, that he observes some Tusken children and before the scene cuts, ignites his lightsaber...implying the beginning of his fall.:D

dragonseye
22 April 2002, 04:24 PM
Dark72,

Both occurred in the comic...

Rouge8
22 April 2002, 04:52 PM
That site is a huge lie! Jar Jar is COOL! In Episode 2 i hope we se him a lot. i like ood alien species. Me and my friends are all creating stats for our family as a species!