PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Disruptor Pistol (Conversions)

Nova Spice
18 March 2002, 01:35 PM
GMSarli, be careful what you convert. My PCs frequent this board and may ambush me once they learn that a weapon is available that actually disintegrates people! :)

TC-3
18 March 2002, 01:35 PM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=480e633f95b62ad3a08e289e2955f69d&id=1439" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Disruptor Pistol</a>" located on Conversions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Donovan Morningfire
20 March 2002, 01:10 PM
Nice piece a work GM_Sarli :D

I looked at the stats on this and it's cousin the heavy disruptor, and made a very audible e-gads! They truly are nasty weapons. With the high damage, high threat range and the Fortitude save bit, they're as nasty as such a weapon should be. The low range and low ammo capacity fits nicely.

As for your players Nova, if they want these guns so bad, just be sure to remember the limits of range. Have some baddies with blaster rifles who hang back about 30 to 50 meters. Either they'll be flat-out out of range or the penalties to hit will be fairly heinous for your players while their opposition suffers no such penalties.

Kayle Skolaris
21 March 2002, 05:38 PM
Also remember that the only people in Star Wars who generally use these things are murderers and terrorists. As such, even some underworlders may be hesitant to deal with someone carrying a heavy disruptor.

Steven Geall`
22 March 2002, 03:19 AM
As Kayle said, GM's need to remember the story-aspects before they equip any npcs with these. Nice work on the stats, however I keep thinking what sort of lasting damage would be there should a character take wound damage.

Kayle Skolaris
22 March 2002, 11:13 AM
It's not quite the same as disruptor fire damage, but I've got notes on the sort of damage caused by a particularly evil form of acid that might fit the bill. Only thing is, it's in D6 format. If you can find someone to convert it though...

Anyway, here's...

Trauger Acid Effects
Minor Exposure: 3D+2 damage and no special effects.

Moderate Exposure: 5D+2 damage and roll 1D. On a 1-2 the victim suffers permanent nerve damage resulting in -1D to all Dexterity, Mechanical, Strength, and Technical skills using that particular limb.

Severe Exposure: 7D+2 damage and roll 1D. 1-2 the victim suffers permanent nerve damage resulting in -2D to all Dexterity, Mechanical, Strength, and Technical skills using that particular limb. On a 3 the victim loses the limb in question.

Critical Exposure: 9D+2 damage and roll 1D. 1-3 the victim sufers permanent nerve damage resulting in -2D to all Dexterity, Mechanical, Strength, and Technical skills uing that particular limb. On a 4 the victim loses the limb in question. On a 5 the victim gets an infection which kills him in 1D days unless a doctor makes a Very Difficult first aid or Moderate medicine roll.

Note that the text does not specify that the effects are cumulative, but I suggest that one assumes that they are.

Trauger Gas Effects
Minor Exposure (10-30 seconds): 2D+2 damage and the victim suffers from light-headedness, dizziness, upset stomach, mild confusion, and weakness. Stunned victims are at -1D to all actions until they rest for 1D hours. Wounded victims are at -1D to all actions until they rest for 1D days.

Moderate Exposure (1-2 minutes): 4D damage and the victim suffers Stunned effects as above. In addition to normal injury effects, wounded or worse victims suffer blurry vision, fever, vertigo, nausea, confusion, and muscle impairment. They are at an additional -1D to all actions. They must rest for 1D weeks to heal this damage.

Severe Exposure (3-4 minutes): 6D+2 damage and the victim suffers Stunned effects as above. In addition to normal injury effects wounded or worse victims suffer shock, severe nausea, blindness, delusional episodes, and upper respiratory distress for 1D weeks after initial exposure. Furing this time they are at an extra -2D to all actions. They permanently suffer -1D to all Knowledge skills.

Critical (5+ minutes): 8D+2 damage and Stunned effects as above. In addition to normal injury effects, wounded or worse victims suffer black-outs, convulsions, unconsciousness, respiratory failure, and cardiac arrest. After recovery victims are at an extra -2D to all actions for 1D weeks; during this time there is a 2 in 6 chance that the victim will suffer complications which causes death in 1D hours unliess treated with a Very Difficult first aid or Moderate medicine roll. Victims permanently suffer -1D to all Knowledge skills.