PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with no international SW Gamer subscriptions?

Reverend Strone
19 March 2002, 06:15 PM
I've already posed this question over at the WOTC Boards, but this is a better crowd generally, so forgive me for reposting it again here if you've already seen this one-

Does anyone know the reason WOTC can't accept international subscriptions or why so many of us living outside the US or Canada have such difficulty securing copies with any regularity?

Also, hands up if you think allowing the thing to be bought outside Nth America might increase sales and the general commercial health of the magazine.

DirkGreystoke
27 March 2002, 09:46 PM
I saw something on this a while back, and I cannot remember for certain but it has something to do with publishing laws. The people responsible for publishing and distributing Gamer do not have licenses or that equivalnet to distrubute in many countries, including Great Britain and Australia and many other that I cannot remember. Sorry but that's all I know.

dgswensen
27 March 2002, 10:20 PM
I believe they mention in the letters column of Star Wars Gamer #4 that they cannot sell Gamer overseas due to licensing issues.