PDA

View Full Version : Napalm....

wolverine
20 March 2002, 03:18 AM
What is everyone's view FOR GAMING REALITIES, about using napalm.

WOuld the NR use it against the Vong.
Should they use it?
Did the Empire use it?

Let the discussion begin.

QWERTY
20 March 2002, 03:40 AM
The new republic are proberbly going to use the likes of bio weopons that cropped up in dark tide 2. But i think that having a stardestroyer in orbit is better than using napalm . I think the empire would of just shot from space

The Admiral
20 March 2002, 04:16 AM
Napalm in Star Wars? Nah. Doesn't feel right. It's a U Certificate universe, there's no way you can sanitise napalm,,,

Jastor
20 March 2002, 06:37 AM
still, napalm is a very efficient weapon. since the napalm sticks to your body/the object and burns, not to talk about water not having any (or little) affect since you must wipe it away.

we have used such weapons (and biological/chemical) in many of our military sanctions against the scum in the galaxy.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
20 March 2002, 10:58 AM
So you guys could compare the US between and what the Republic would have I posted this. Plus, for those of you who aren't going spoiler free to Episode II or have played Jedi Starfighter check out the tidbit at the bottom.

The United States offical policy on the use of NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) weapons is as follows:

Chemical - The United States reserves the right to use Chemical Weapons if Chemical Weapons are used against the United States first.

Biological - The United States will NOT use biological weapons in warfare.

Nuclear - The United States reserves the right to use Nuclear weapons wherever and whenever it chooses.

Possible Episode II Spoiler

I have been playing Jedi Starfighter were the seperatists use "Hex weapons" against their enemys. Adi Gallia says that all Hex weapons have been banned by the republic. Will we see these weapons in AotC?

Ash DuQuennes
20 March 2002, 12:17 PM
Frobi: Napalm is not a chemical agent. Those are things like nerve and blood agents. Napalm is just a conventional incendiary munition.

I've been wondering why the New Republic hasn't whipped out a few Planet Killer HellBore Nuclear Missiles at the Vong. I sure would have by now.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
20 March 2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ash DuQuennes
Frobi: Napalm is not a chemical agent.

I didn't say that it was. I know that it is not. I was replying to Jastor. When he said this

Originally posted by Jastor
[B]we have used such weapons (and biological/chemical) in many of our military sanctions against the scum in the galaxy.

DrPhineas
20 March 2002, 03:01 PM
Guys, check the core rule book. In the back with the information on Boba Fett's armor. What exactly do you think Boba Fett's armor uses to set his opponents on fire? Magic fary dust? The rule book gives an example and rules for the use of a naplam like substance. So all is good.

-Dr. Phineas
:rolleyes:

Jastor
21 March 2002, 05:46 AM
the Imperials are using Nuclear weapons.. ie why would it otherwise have Radiation Troopers? (Rules of Engagement)

The Admiral
21 March 2002, 06:03 AM
There are plenty of other causes of radiation. The entire universe is swimming in radiation.

Saying the Empire must use Nuclear Weapons because they have Radtroopers is a little like saying the UK must use giant water bombs because we have frogmen,,,

BrianDavion
21 March 2002, 01:45 PM
LOL

indeed.. Radtroopers aren't a special group of troopers used only in nuclear holocasts. they are just the term given to stormies in speical radation resistant armor for other duties... such as fighting near a leaking power core.

fact is.. WHY would the Imps use Nukes? a tubolaser is a LOT more destructive and isn't as dangerous in the long term

wolverine
21 March 2002, 10:34 PM
Who said anything about JUST THE IMPS using napalm. What about the republic, or the chiss? And yes a turbolaser might be more damaging, but it is also 'suck--inable' by the Doval bassals, onlyu some of the napalm flames are..

Jastor
22 March 2002, 04:31 AM
ok.. but i forgot "Thermal Nuclear Device" . ok? ;)

Mathis Kharr
24 March 2002, 05:58 PM
Napalm? the new republic should have much better then that and better then nukes. problem is delivery. they havn't had much luck in that department latly.