PDA

View Full Version : New Net.Guide please

Random Axe
21 March 2002, 07:58 AM
The Net.guides to lightsabers and cybernetics are awesome. Congrats and well done for these.

One more project that my group would clearly benefit from is expanded and compiled rules (ie. a NETGUIDE) to communicators. Comlinks, Imperial vs. civilian vs. Rebel channels, scrambling, ranges, ship-to-ship, ship-to-ground, ship-to-character-comlink, jamming, intercepting, tight-beaming, planet-to-planet, system-to-system, sector-to-sector, comm lag times... models, sizes, options, restrictions, exceptions...

Get the idea?:D

I don't think WEG ever did any rules like this, and it is continually a bone of contention for my party.

Thx for listening

Mayhem
21 March 2002, 08:50 AM
Bloody Brilliant idea!!! A nice standardized net.guide for comms would be great. If anyone has some good house rules, please post!!!!

darth maim
24 March 2002, 06:09 PM
I must say I'd love to see this!!! Also since the gamer is probably being tanked should we be seeing the netguide to martial arts in D20 soon? I recall you saying that it was being considered and when you found out the results it'd be on the site.

Ghost In The Holocron
28 March 2002, 02:02 PM
I think a Net.Guide to Communications is a great idea! I've wondered often about how this facet of the gameworld gets done. If someone's thinking of doing it, it'd also be nice to see some "era notes" in it -- like how much the Empire controls communications (holonet, etc.) during the Rebellion era, and so on. My game has greatly benefitted from the all of the Net.Guides that've been done so far -- keep up the great work!

PS, to darth maim: I think there were a bunch of really useful martial arts stuff on the Conversions sub-site a few weeks back. I've been looking to tap those for my game. You might want to give it a look-see.

darth maim
28 March 2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ghost In The Holocron
PS, to darth maim: I think there were a bunch of really useful martial arts stuff on the Conversions sub-site a few weeks back. I've been looking to tap those for my game. You might want to give it a look-see.

I've checked those out but what I'm looking for is Moridin's net guide that encompasses wookie, noghri, and teras kasai martial arts (among others)... he said he had made a D20 version but was waiting to hear back from the gamer (he submitted it)... I was just wondering since the gamer was shut down if it would be up soon.

Ghost In The Holocron
28 March 2002, 03:05 PM
...what I'm looking for is Moridin's net guide that encompasses wookie, noghri, and teras kasai martial arts (among others)...

Ah, I see. In that case, I can't wait to see that one too. Teras Kasi -- sounds great!

Good luck on those Net.Guides, Moridin -- If you need a sketch or two for any upcoming stuff (like that Martial Arts guide Darth Maim's mentioned) let me know.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
28 March 2002, 03:20 PM
I thought that I had heard something about WotC expanding the material about the martial arts with the RCR, and the Jedi Weapon Master seems to back this idea up.

darth maim
28 March 2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
I thought that I had heard something about WotC expanding the material about the martial arts with the RCR, and the Jedi Weapon Master seems to back this idea up.

I think they are just including the stuff from polyhedron though... I hope they include more than that.

ShmobyKnight89
10 April 2002, 02:41 PM
hey how about a net. guide to combat techniques. Like pincher moves and stuff!!

i'd also like to see a monthly Secrets of..... for more obscure planets, y'know the basic overview, major charcters, weapons, creatures etc.
how about it :)

leighangelj
11 April 2002, 03:32 AM
Id also like to see a net.guide on dathomir: witches and nightsisters and such i recently found out that weg never published templates for these as PCs Or in the case of the nightsisters to create your own NPC. or if theyve been published in WotC let me know.
thanks

ShmobyKnight89
11 April 2002, 11:53 AM
leighangelj do u play D6 or D20?? if your D20 you can find the force witches in the Darkside Sourcebook. just to let you know ;)

Jake Sunspot
15 April 2002, 10:14 PM
I would love to see a net guide to communicators (a martial arts net.guide would be cool, but there is no information on communications anywhere) with my players, its been pretty much a simple Computer Use skill check with an arbitrary DC bassed on range, with modifiers for atmosphere, encryption, jamming, etc. A net.guide would provide the kind of standardization that I have been too lazy to do myself;)

Mayhem
25 April 2002, 08:10 AM
It isn't really a sourcebook, but there is a Crakens's guide(I think it's cracken) to the Blakc fleet crisis series of Books, the Coreila trilogy and the truce at Bakura(?) which had the witches in it. It's sort've a cross view of tech and force stuff. I found a new copy of it at a gamer book store last year, and I still see the title for sale every now and again. Also, if I recollect correctly( which is doubtful) the Jedi Net Guide has an entry on the Witches of Dathomir in it.

Mayhem
25 April 2002, 08:16 AM
My group has been working on new rules for Comms. So far we have broken things down into Scales i.e char to char, starfigtr to Capital class, planet to planet and system to system. And everythign inbetween. Also looking at types and power and range scales as well. We're still working on it, but we may have something to post here in the next few weeks. As for the Holonet itself, which allowed for almost instantaneous comms across the galaxy, the Empire (in the Rebellion era) controls it utterly. Most of the Holonet was disabled by the Empire save for the parts of the Holonet that they use. I read in one of the WEG SourceBooks or guides that it was Tarkin who advised the Emperor to only allow the Empire access to that technology and no one else.

Hope that helps.

RabidButterfly
25 April 2002, 08:47 PM
Dont forget net.guide to modifiing blasers and other weapons (d20)

bentleyml
27 April 2002, 06:10 AM
I'd love to see a Net Guide to Computers and such in the Star Wars Universe.