PDA

View Full Version : Who's YOUR favorite NJO: Darktide one character?!?

Cordova Bossk
21 March 2002, 06:03 PM
In most books I read I find myself picking a favorite character and wanting to share that and now I've given you the priviledge. Write who you ppicked and why you picked them, in your posts.

madpoet
21 March 2002, 07:10 PM
I've got to say Corran Horn. I've enjoyed the character through all the X-Wing books, as well as, "I,Jedi". By far, one of the most interesting EU characters to date. I will say that Ganner is rapidly becoming a well rounded character as well.

frozenjedi
21 March 2002, 07:21 PM
you have to love Corran Horn !

he has become one of my favorites in the books , and i cnat wait to read more with him involved.

madpoet
22 March 2002, 05:42 AM
It looks like Corran is going to run away with this poll.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 March 2002, 11:42 AM
Ever since her apearance way back ... been using JadesFire as an online handle for most of my e-mail & IM's B)

Who else is the one equal rival and/or counterpart to Luke? Mara has been and still is. She's still able to knock some sense into Luke when she needs to.

The golden red hair, force talented, has a lightsaber and knows how to use it... She's one hot moma ... literaly!!! B)

Tramp
22 March 2002, 01:09 PM
Gotta go with Mara on this one. Luke and Corran come a close second though, followed by the Solo kids, all three of them.

Darth Bile
22 March 2002, 01:39 PM
nah, always go with the old dependable one, luke, though if i was in his shoes, i wouldn't be thinking of saving the galaxy, i would be too busy with mara to do anything like that, VWEG

Dark Knight
23 March 2002, 09:25 PM
Corran all the way. I LOVE I Jedi. and he rocks ass in njo also. I pretty much have a character based on him.

Cordova Bossk
24 March 2002, 06:43 PM
seems like everbody loves Corran. I thought I was the only one who loved him in NJO. He just seems like the next hero and everybody apparently thinks hes cool

madpoet
25 March 2002, 11:02 PM
Corran is a great character! In some ways he's weaker than other Jedi, but he's overcome his limitations and has surpassed other "more powerful" Jedi. I think we'll be seeing Corran taking on a more prominent role in the NJO.

Jedi Master Antilles
26 March 2002, 09:56 PM
Tramp how can you pick mara? especially during darktide? she wasn't much of a factor during there...mostly non combative stuff and dealing with her illness..IMO i am gonna say Anakin or Ganner...those two were by far my favs during Darktide.

Tramp
27 March 2002, 08:56 AM
Mara is one of my favorite Star Wars characters of all time so, why would I not choose her? She's a great character. It doesn't matter that she isn't involved in much combat. I like the character for who she is, not just what she does.

Jedi Master Antilles
27 March 2002, 04:50 PM
yeah i know all too well mara is one of yer fav chars..but the topic is during darktide who is yer fav..now during darktide an mara's limited role why would you choose her over some of the other chars who did more and were more heavily involved?especially considering corran horns involvement in this particular part of the series.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 March 2002, 04:26 PM
Jedi Master Antiles: The question is: "who is our favorite NJO: darktide character" ... I think it wrong to determine that in measure of how much or little they did in the NJO era to affect the entire outcome... Else the question would have been "who did the most good in the NJO"

So, here's further reason why and backup statement for Mara Jade Skywalker:

Some of the greatest battles ever fought in the NJO era are the inner battles... Losing comrades left and right, morality droping fast, struggle to not fall into the darkside when humanity is at it's darkest hour... coping with such losses and negatives stacking upon negatives... It's one thing to deal with it all happening around you, but its entirely another matter when the battle is being waged from within inside you, where fleets of ships and weapons cant reach.

The same fire that burned in her heart from way back still burns feverantly in NJO, and with unmatched determination:

She was constantly plagued with the illness and bravely fought it tooth and nail... she's a very strong willed inner fighting character and at times it almost seemed she wasn't gonna make it despite all odds... And she wasn't just fighting for herself, but her unborn child as well ...

To be plagued like that and still give everything her best, fighting to the end, not giving up when all seems lost, not accepting help from anyone... deserves merit to the integrity she has...

In the end, when she was at her weakest, she was stubbornly determined to fight it all herself until she couldnt no more... she finally let luke in, acknowledging she could nolonger fight it herself...

To me, that stands out like a light shining in the darkness... And thats why I choose Mara.

Cordova Bossk
30 March 2002, 08:25 PM
Terras you are totally correct!! But, the question is "Who is your favorite NJO Darktide one character" as in darktide one:onslaught. Mara would be one of the highest voted if it was favorite NJO Darktide, but it's Darktide 1.

P.S. Come to think of it she's still one of the highest voted though it's just the one book we're voting upon.

P.S.S. Thanks everybody!! I really didn't think the poll would get this big. I just wanted to see some other peoples' individual thoughts.

P.S.S.S. My long time buddy, Grand Admiral Jason, needs some advertisment for his site. It's not very good yet but it's pretty good for just begining. It is the Military Aircraft Database. If this file attachment thing doesn't work sombody please tell me how to use it.

Cordova Bossk
30 March 2002, 08:29 PM
Sorry.....the thing didn't work but the adress for his site is www.geocities.com/queeny68067/military_aircraft.html

sorry for the incovinience