PDA

View Full Version : What Force power is Yoda using here?

BillyBeanbag
22 March 2002, 09:39 AM
I was searching theforce.net and came across the photos of the Episode 2 soundtrack covers, this one is very interesting...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotcsoundtrack-cover03.jpg

Is that lightning?!? Maybe he's just absorbing someone else's lightning...

It sure kind of looks like he's got a "who's your daddy!" kind of look on his face though!

Calib_Muhdanyl
22 March 2002, 11:10 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an artistic representation of a fight seen between Yoda and Dooku, supposedly Yoda deflects force lightning from Dooku in their epic battle.

Jastor
22 March 2002, 11:42 AM
i would like to see the battle between yoda and that jedi (dont remember who) down on Dagobah

Darth Bile
22 March 2002, 12:42 PM
I love that picture, if i find a poster of it, i'm gonna open it,
can we say Yoda 3:16, hehehehehehe, he's gonna open a can of whoop a@@ on whoever is fighting him in that picture. love it, now, if i can find that picture without all that writing on it, i would love it even more.

Mathis Kharr
24 March 2002, 05:56 PM
What pic is this from, i havn't seen the soundtrack pic anywhere?

BillyBeanbag
25 March 2002, 05:09 AM
I found three different ones on theforce.net one with Anakin/Amidala, one with Yoda, and one with Jango Fett. You should be able to find them with a little bit of hunting around!

BrianDavion
25 March 2002, 08:03 AM
well, we don't know who died on Dagobah... Douko apparently escapes at the end of E2.. maybe he flees too... Dagobah! :)

frozenjedi
25 March 2002, 10:24 AM
according to "Vision of the Future" by Timothy Zahn , it was a Bpfasshi Dark Jedi, the same one that had taken control of Crime Lord Jorj Car'das, that yoda fought on dagobah. im not sure if its the same one you are talking about though...

Ash DuQuennes
25 March 2002, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure of what Yoda (that's Master Yoda to us! :) ) is doing, but I agree about the "I'm gonna get you sucka!" look on his face.

Too cool.

Gimpyjaguar
25 March 2002, 04:47 PM
Well that is yoda beam. A tecnique which hurts darksiders and heals lightsiders. Why do I know it? I am yoda My birth given name is yoda

so yoda says yoda beam

Donovan Morningfire
26 March 2002, 09:37 AM
Well going of some spoiler stuff on the upcoming AotC proposed finale battle, I cooked this up just this morning, so hot of the presses is ...

New Force Technique! (d20)
Reflection
Prerequisite Skills: Force Defense 10+
Prerequisite Feats: Deflect Blasters (or Jedi SQ Deflect if using the revised rules), Force Mastery
Vitality Cost: 4 per use
Duration: Instant
Action Type: Reaction
Some Jedi have used what they have learned on defending themselves against Force attacks and the redirection of blaster shots with their lightsaber to be able reflect Force attacks back onto their attacker.
Effect: Whenever the character is attacked by a Force power that does direct harm (Force Grip, Force Lightning, and Force Push being prime examples), they may make a Force Defense skill check, with the DC equal to 10 plus their attacker's Force level. If this skill check succeeds, then the attacker suffers the effects of the power and must make the appropriate saving throw.
Special: A Force attack that has been 'reflected' by this Force technique cannot be reflected again. The Force-user can only 'reflect' one Force attack per round.

or ...

New Force Power (d6)
Reflection
Control Diff: Opposed Alter roll
Required Powers: Lightsaber Combat, Reduce Injury, Force Harmony
Effect: When the subject of a direct Force attack (such as Injure/Kill, Telekinetic Kill, or Force Lightning), the Jedi can make a Control roll as a reactive defense (keep in mind penalties for multiple actions), with the difficulty equaling the Alter roll of the attacker. If this Control roll exceeds the Alter roll, the attacker suffers the damage of the power using the results he generated.
Note: A 'reflected' attack cannot be itself reflected. Also, a character can only reflect one attack per round.

darth maim
26 March 2002, 02:24 PM
Are you planning on sending this to submissions?

Dark Knight
26 March 2002, 02:51 PM
you guys are all wrong......he's trying to get home.....only you can't here him say bee gooood ellliiiooottt since it's a pic

Calib_Muhdanyl
27 March 2002, 10:08 AM
I was talking with my GM and we both agree that 4 Vitality is NOT enough...how about 4+ the Vitality cost of the power you are reflecting? Or Double the cost of the power you are reflecting.

And by deflection of a force grip do you get a DSP? Probably not but....

Donovan Morningfire
27 March 2002, 05:42 PM
The 4 Vitality is just twice what Force Defense normally costs to use. Pretty low, but considering the sheer number of ranks you need in Force Defense (a Force skill a lot of characters don't buy a lot of ranks in), as well as needing a specific 7th level feat, I don't see it being that bad. And you can only bounce one power per round, so if you get ganged up on you could be in for a world of hurt. But to each GM their own. I had one lurker e-mail me saying he really liked the above power.

As far as getting DSPs for reflected powers, I'd say no since you yourself aren't manifesting that power, simply postmarking it 'return to sender' :D

madpoet
27 March 2002, 05:47 PM
I like it Donovan. I agree that a lot of players pretty much ignore Force Defense and the potential to use Reflection may just change a couple of my players minds about it. Keep it up.

Soontide
27 March 2002, 09:45 PM
besides, everyone seems to think that yoda is so pure. But we all know, everyone falls to the dark side from time to time. hehe

ok, on a more realistic note, I believe it is a use of the old D6 power, absorb/redirect energy. I'm not sure if the D20 system has the same power as a feat, but it allows the jedi to absorb an amount of energy and redirect it in any way they see fit. it could be as an intimidating glow, heat, sound, whatever the jedi deams appropriate.

Darth Bile
28 March 2002, 05:06 AM
i've never seen the absorb/redirect energy in the d6 system, all i've seen was absorb/dissipate energy force power under skill, and yes, that is possible to do with force lightning, it's the damage plus a moderate skill roll, or might be a difficult skill roll plus damage, not too sure bout that, since a friend of mine refuses to give me my gaming books back for star wars and vampire:the masquerade, and it's really ticking me off now, but oh well, that's the way he is.