PDA

View Full Version : How to play a play by post.

Sil7
22 March 2002, 02:41 PM
I have recently joined a play by post game down in the Roleplaying forum. I have never done this before, and I have a few questions. Is there any protocal I should know? Please dispence some of the wisdom that comes with gaming experiance.

The perpetualy lost and stumbling roleplayer,

Sil7

Grimace
22 March 2002, 03:04 PM
This is probably a question that's better asked in the Roleplaying Forum, but I'll try to offer some assistance.

Generally, it is recommended that you don't do anything to another person's character without clearing it with that person first. You're generally free to have whatever you want happen to your own character, but try to not to put other characters in a situation that the person can't get him out of.

Try to stay in line with the general power level of the campaign. Don't play a super powerful or super evil person if the game is designed for a generally "common person" or "good guy" setting. Basically, familiarize yourself with the game before starting. Ask questions in the OOC (out of character) thread if you have them.

Try to keep all things within a game post "in character". If you have to interject a comment, make a seperate line and mark it OOC: before typing, that way people don't get confused.

If I think of other things, I'll add to this list. Other people might have some suggestions too.

Sil7
22 March 2002, 04:22 PM
I apologize. I should have posted it in the Roleplaying forum. Thank you for the advice, I tend to make alot of mistakes, thats what I was trying to avoid this time.

Sil7