PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Bar Keepers, I need your services!

Soontide
24 March 2002, 12:59 AM
In a recent game, I found myself(as GM) haveing to run a bar scene and I have no idea what kinds of drinks there are in Star Wars! If anyone has a supliment or knows of a place on the web where I can find some good info on this, or if you have your own, please let me know. Besides, I think it might be fun to hear about some more unusual homebrewed(hehe) SW drinks.

Mathis Kharr
24 March 2002, 06:13 PM
watch some B% there a few there that can work with starwars.
Jovian Sunspot is an example..

Talonne Hauk
24 March 2002, 08:27 PM
WEG had a supplement, Fragments From the Rim, I think it was called, that had a neat little section on drinks. I'll give you a brief recollective list, though. Beer is universal. Ales, lagers, pilseners, stouts, porters, what have you. The trick is their ingredients, and where they're from. As for liquors, there's Lum (Whatever that is.). Brandy and whiskey are mentioned. You can be sure there's grain alcohol. (Think vodka, but come up with a name that doesn't harken back to Mother Russia.) The supplement even mentioned a drink made from fermented rocks! As for names of mixed drinks, your best bet is to find a cheap bartenders guide and try to substitute placenames from your campaign setting and adjectives of the astronomical variety. You could also look up bartending websites to find good hints and ideas. I hope this was some help.

frozenjedi
25 March 2002, 06:35 AM
In my friends old campaign , there were a couple of drinks mentioned repeatedly ... and one got so popular well - read on.

non-alchoholic
Blue milk : im pretty sure this is exactly what it is , just what animal its from is anyones guess

Hot Chocolate : as per real world , a favorite of Lukes in EU books.

beers & ales
Correlian ale : i know its mentioned in the EU books a fairly common drink.

Rammesh : a dark,dark beer with a very high potency . a trandoshan in our party often drank it , when we asked him what was in it he said "lots of things i dont know and wookie blood" ... allllllllrighty then.

Mixed drinks:
Tattoine sandstorm : possibly the most popular drink in our RPG . hailing from the planet of the same name, the sandstorm is a light citrus flavored drink with a unique appearance : a milky white drink with orange fleks swirling in a torrent around the clear glass , looking much like a sandstorm's twister in you glass.
(one of my gamers actually made this drink one night ... he used orange juice , vodka and something i dont remember. It surprisingly enough tasted good.)

snapshot : a drink found in seedier bars a small shot that is toxic to humans , its purple with red swirls in it.

thats all i remember.

BrianDavion
25 March 2002, 07:32 AM
here's an old D6 file I found on the net...

Soontide
25 March 2002, 12:55 PM
I was able to locate a used copy of fragments from the rim and its wonderful. Thank you as well Brian, that file is going to make my life alot easier and give me some really cool drinks. Wacky Wookie!! thats going to cause a stir when someone is offered one.

Jastor
25 March 2002, 01:18 PM
Corellian Disaster (something like 'Long Island Ice Tea')
Fire Bolts (hmm.. this is a... 1100% liquor you add like.. 1-2 drops to spice up the drink? :))
Juri Juice (homebrew low budget alcohol, every bar got it)