PDA

View Full Version : How many TIE Fighters can it hold?

madpoet
24 March 2002, 08:35 AM
Just a quick question... How many TIEs does an ISD hold? I can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere in my references.

Deck
24 March 2002, 08:47 AM
An ISD holds the following ships and vehicles:

<b>Ships:</b>

<li>36 TIE/ln</li>
<li>12 TIE Interceptors</li>
<li>12 TIE Bombers</li>
<li>8 TIE/rc</li>
<li>4 TIE/fc</li>
------------------------------------
= 1 wing (72 fighters

<li>1 Assault Shuttle</li>
<li>Several other small craft like shutlles, drop-ships etc.</li>

<b>Vehicles:</b>

<li>20 AT-ATs</li>
<li>30 AT-STs</li>

madpoet
24 March 2002, 08:55 AM
Thanks a lot, Deck! You da man!

FlipDog 2000
25 March 2002, 06:59 AM
However, unless you are just using generic SW ISDs, there are some of the main ships (i.e. - Death Squadron SDs) that have been modified to carry more ships. Thrawn's ship, the Chimera was one like that.

Some would have the same stats except it would carry 20 Interceptors, and 20 Bombers.

Soontide
25 March 2002, 02:00 PM
thats 72 fighters of different configurations. The configurations depend on the needs placed on the particular ISD. The way I do it is:

Pirate patrol or systems patrol:
4 squadrons Tie/in
1 squadron Tie Interceptor
1 squadron of mixed tie/rc and tie bombers(6 and 6)

assault:
3 squadrons tie/in
2 squadron tie bombers
1 squadron tie interceptors.

In other words, what ever combination that makes the most sense for the ship to be carrying is what I use. I use the 72 ship count as my base and go from there.

Ash DuQuennes
25 March 2002, 04:35 PM
I would agree with Soontide that force composition would be largely dependant upon task. The numbers given by Deck are from the Game books (the RPG Source Book, IIRC), and are what I consider "GP" (General Purpose), but I have freely mixed/matched according to unit tasking/mission profile, or simply to fit a game scenario.

FlipDog 2000
25 March 2002, 07:06 PM
Or...if you're just a really mean GM, the SD has an UNLIMITED amount of fighters in it's bay...B) :raised:

Deck
26 March 2002, 11:38 AM
Well, the numbers I gave are not only from gaming books. ;) But of course I agree that these numbers vary depending on the era the ship is used. For example the configuration is different in the New Republic Era, the New Jedi Era etc.

Lokar
26 March 2002, 07:40 PM
Well I came across this intresting bit a while back on a web sote that no longer exists.

Interceptor Wing:
3 Fighter or Interceptor Squadrons
2 Interceptor Squadrons
Recon Squadron

Assault Wing:
2 Fighter Squadrons
1 Interceptor Squardon
1 Scout Squadron
2 Bomber Squadrons

Fleet Wing:
3 Fighter Squadrons
Interceptor Squadron