PDA

View Full Version : Have you used????

wolverine
26 March 2002, 03:08 AM
OK. THis is a check to see if..

a) anyone here has used another person's stats they have posted, and what they thought of it in actual game play,
b) a check to see if anyone has used any of my stats (yea, kinda ego tistical),
c) anyone would be intersted in making a compliation book on all of the stats posted....

BillyBeanbag
26 March 2002, 06:23 AM
a.) I've used several of the Ships and critter stats, but rarely any of the NPC's work for what I've got going on. They played perfectly balanced to me.

b.) I'm sorry I can't recall if they were your stats or not

c.) Isn't this site a compilation of our work? Yes, having them in one spot would be great, but I think it would be wise to use a format similar to the D&D Community Council for purposes of putting out balanced and pre-rated material. (They do netbooks)

reliant
26 March 2002, 06:43 AM
I think I'm in the same boat as Billy... I have used ships and creatures and stuff (some of the converted weapons stats for D20 too), but none of the characters posted would help me in my campaign. I'm not sure if I used any of your stats or not...

And yes, if all that stuff got compiled in one place it would be VERY useful... Isn't that what the submissions section is for?

Moridin
26 March 2002, 08:41 AM
Isn't that what the submissions section is for?

Yes, yes it is.

Reverend Strone
26 March 2002, 11:52 AM
I've used equipment, weapons and vehicles, but thus far, never any characters- I always prefer to make up my own. I've never even used any of WotC's pre-gen characters for that matter.

Mathis Kharr
26 March 2002, 06:44 PM
I use a mixture of my own and others stats. One player in my group will not even accknowldge anything unless it's from a cannon sourse which can be frustrating at time. But personaly I am creative but not so creative that i can come up with all of my own stuff. Some of my campaigns NPC stats and critters borrow from the SWrpgnetwork. I have found it incredibly helpful. but as for an oppinion on weather it is good or bad I say hey if people wanna let you use them have at it.

jediazar
26 March 2002, 07:01 PM
a) Yes I use stats posted here and on other web sites. Mostly weapons, vehicles and tech stuff. Rarely use NPCs. Generate them to my needs. But I have used some stats and changed the name and history of a character before.
b) Don't recall if I have.
c) I have started a very long process of buy and converting old WEG stuff, which I am compiling. Iím currently on Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations. Done a little compiling of other stuff I've found on the net.

wolverine
10 September 2004, 09:21 AM
Thread resurection..

Any change in the number of people who use what is here, whether stats, game rules, hints, helps etc????

kaeroth
11 September 2004, 03:20 PM
I've pulled a bunch of stuff off the stats and submissions section over on the other side if this site. Just like everybody else, though, I don't know if any of it was yours, Wolverine. i've noticed a little guiltily that I don't know who put what up there....i think I should pay more attention and give credit where credit is due.....hey, i wonder if Moridin or any of the other maestros out there would want to set something up so that if someone used something that had been posted, then its author would get a little email message.....wait. I just realized that that would actually be impossible. Never mind.
But you should put a little list of what you've submitted to the site on this thread, Wolvierine. Then i'll know what i've used of yours, if anything, and can proffer props where props be due.
*i* submitted something a little while back, and it didn't appear for a while. And then i emailed someone (was it Grimace? is he the submissions director?) and asked him if there was something wrong with it, but did he write me back? Noooo. 'course, as I think about it I think i shouldn't have picked some of the era and alignment fields and such the way I did, and i'd like to resubmit, but I don't want to mess up any gears or anything and so i'm afraid....

wolverine
12 September 2004, 01:22 PM
Kaeroth. None of my stuff has been properly submitted (though High admiral Deck thinks they should be). here is a list of all the stuff, which can be seen in the D6 forum (and some here)...

Races:
Nistanni (otherwise known as elfindrow), a humanoid race of jet black skin,which posesses an uncanny energy field around their body, that disrupts electronics, and incomming energy damage (blasters etc).

Vodonii, a wolf like race similar to the shistaven and trianni.

Uktentenya. A race of scavenger humanoids with the ability for great leaps.

Solanii and Katsumai. Both near humans with just minor differences (visual).

Balli. Near human race with force deadness, and on vary rare occasions force repulsiveness.

Vehicles:
At-HP All terrain howitzer platform. A walking 3 barreled 120mm howitzer.

Ticker (lobster looking). Its counterpart, which carries its ammo.

MMS. mobile Medical Suite. A floating fortress like contraption converted into a mobile MASH type unit.

RREMU. Rapid response emergency mobile unit. Speeder style vehicles which run around grabing up the wounded to take them to the MMS.

All terrain Heavy weapon Mobile unit. Basically a bigger and badder 6 legged version of an AT-AT

Droids:

The reapers. Spider like droids ment for base defense.

Ships; Fighter

The Spectre. A scout ship.

The Delta Dart. Modified from being an atmospheric fighter to a space capable fighter. Looks like an A wing.

The Heptal atmospheric fighter/bomber.

The Trilex. A 3 wingged Tie, similar to the clutches from the I-jedi novel, but with Sfoils.

The I wing. 2 B-wings made into 1 fighter.

the Flexier. A heavy scout ship (made to not need any support)

The Mudhog. A space dropped atmospheric bomber.

The Wraith. A fighter / scout ship for the Hrigival race.

Ships: Captial

Dream stealer. The main ship of the Hrogival fleet.

The Tsunami. A MC of imense proportions. Basically a single ship made to give the New republic a SSD like capability.

The hischwirr colony ship. A vodonii transport.

The Monarch, Empress, Tyrant, Czar. Super heavy ssd's. 4 made.

The Coral buster. A smaller MC design, with many 'vulcan' cannons, and 2 large gause rifles on. Thought it would be good against Vong ships.

Santzunn Penetrator assault gun-ships. 9 ships made by an unknown race, with interesting tech within.

Tech:

The C5 command and control system. Similar to the C3 from Battle tech.

The SPID. A new missile type.

Ghost ECM and Cammeloid Cloak. 2 seperate systems, which are found on the Santzunn Penetrator assault gun-ships, which wne combined allow the ships nearly an impervious cloaking ability.

And lots of firearms/bows.

wolverine
12 September 2004, 01:23 PM
Kaeroth. None of my stuff has been properly submitted (though High admiral Deck thinks they should be). here is a list of all the stuff, which can be seen in the D6 forum (and some here)...

Races:
Nistanni (otherwise known as elfindrow), a humanoid race of jet black skin,which posesses an uncanny energy field around their body, that disrupts electronics, and incomming energy damage (blasters etc).

Vodonii, a wolf like race similar to the shistaven and trianni.

Uktentenya. A race of scavenger humanoids with the ability for great leaps.

Solanii and Katsumai. Both near humans with just minor differences (visual).

Balli. Near human race with force deadness, and on vary rare occasions force repulsiveness.

Ghorhall. A bear like race, which has a healing capability via their tongue.

Vehicles:
At-HP All terrain howitzer platform. A walking 3 barreled 120mm howitzer.

Ticker (lobster looking). Its counterpart, which carries its ammo.

MMS. mobile Medical Suite. A floating fortress like contraption converted into a mobile MASH type unit.

RREMU. Rapid response emergency mobile unit. Speeder style vehicles which run around grabing up the wounded to take them to the MMS.

All terrain Heavy weapon Mobile unit. Basically a bigger and badder 6 legged version of an AT-AT

Droids:

The reapers. Spider like droids ment for base defense.

Ships; Fighter

The Spectre. A scout ship.

The Delta Dart. Modified from being an atmospheric fighter to a space capable fighter. Looks like an A wing.

The Heptal atmospheric fighter/bomber.

The Trilex. A 3 wingged Tie, similar to the clutches from the I-jedi novel, but with Sfoils.

The I wing. 2 B-wings made into 1 fighter.

the Flexier. A heavy scout ship (made to not need any support)

The Mudhog. A space dropped atmospheric bomber.

The Wraith. A fighter / scout ship for the Hrigival race.

Ships: Captial

Dream stealer. The main ship of the Hrogival fleet.

The Tsunami. A MC of imense proportions. Basically a single ship made to give the New republic a SSD like capability.

The hischwirr colony ship. A vodonii transport.

The Monarch, Empress, Tyrant, Czar. Super heavy ssd's. 4 made.

The Coral buster. A smaller MC design, with many 'vulcan' cannons, and 2 large gause rifles on. Thought it would be good against Vong ships.

Santzunn Penetrator assault gun-ships. 9 ships made by an unknown race, with interesting tech within.

Tech:

The C5 command and control system. Similar to the C3 from Battle tech.

The SPID. A new missile type.

Ghost ECM and Cammeloid Cloak. 2 seperate systems, which are found on the Santzunn Penetrator assault gun-ships, which wne combined allow the ships nearly an impervious cloaking ability.

And lots of firearms/bows and new templates....

kaeroth
12 September 2004, 01:51 PM
Ah. Well, i would have to say, then, that i haven't used any of your stuff. All the stuff i've pulled off has been from the stats, etc section on the left side of the main page. and i don't generally use a lot of different races. i throw them in for flavor, but as a general rule i keep the supporting characters races form the main book so i don't have to keep a lot of notes on races that aren't as easy to get my hands on. your stuff looks intriguing, though. i especially like the Mobile medical suite and its support vehicles. Cool idea.
and i also run the D20 stuff, so i don't comb through the D6 forum looking for material. Maybe i should, though; converting shouldn't be too hard to eyeball.

Grimace
12 September 2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by kaeroth
*i* submitted something a little while back, and it didn't appear for a while. And then i emailed someone (was it Grimace? is he the submissions director?) and asked him if there was something wrong with it, but did he write me back? Noooo. 'course, as I think about it I think i shouldn't have picked some of the era and alignment fields and such the way I did, and i'd like to resubmit, but I don't want to mess up any gears or anything and so i'm afraid....

Well, considering I have nothing to do with submissions or anything other than these forums, that's probably why you never received any assistance. That, and I don't remember ever getting anything from you, as I'm sure I would have directed you to the correct people.

I would suggest that you contact Rigil Kent as he deals with submissions. If it has been a while since you submitted, you may want to politely inquire as to the status of your submission. It very well could have been misplaced, shuffled to the back, whatever, so perhaps a jog of the memory from you will help. If anything, you should be able to discover the status and know whether to resubmit or not.

Hope this helps.

kaeroth
12 September 2004, 02:09 PM
Doh! he heard! Sorry, Grimace, didn't mean to impugn you unnecessarily. truth to tell, i can't remember if i emailed you about it. My guess would be no, since i rememebr checking the staff page to see who i should email, and since it doesn't say anything about Grimace being related to submissions, then I wouldn't have sent you a message. Just double-checked before i wrote this, so i must've mentioned you cuz i'd just read something you posted. or something. okay. rigil kent. (shuffles off, head down...)

wolverine
12 September 2004, 02:19 PM
Actually, if you head over to WWW.HighAdmiral.de (decks web site), many of those items are there, and have D20 converstions for them. I am awaiting on deck to make a new update to the site, posting the newer stuff, and adding pics to others, drawn for me by the good people of SWAG...

And grimmy, can you delete the first of that double post, i didn't realise it posted already when i noticed an error.