PDA

View Full Version : Luke Turns?

Korwin Blade
26 March 2002, 02:52 PM
I am going to be starting a SW campaign after Empire, but before RotJ. And I was going to have Luke turned the the dark side by his father. My question is has anyone ran this before and if so how did you explain him turning.

darth maim
26 March 2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
I am going to be starting a SW campaign after Empire, but before RotJ. And I was going to have Luke turned the the dark side by his father. My question is has anyone ran this before and if so how did you explain him turning.

I never ran that exactly but close. I ran a campaign where on their first meeting Vader killed him instead of playing games with him the whole time. He then found out about Leia and turned her to his side to take down the emporer. Vader delivers the Deathblow to palp and then Leia delivers it to him... enter the emporers cloned body (and Vader's as well)

You now have a huge imperical civil war between those loyal to palp (after a couple of months years etc for his return) and those loyal to Leia.

Vader realizes the error of his ways and goes light (he turned his daughter into such a power hungry person she killed everyone that could get in his way. He gets Han from the carbonite by wearing his armor and demanding him turned over. He then takes Han back to the rebellion and joins them (sans armor) to take down both of his enemies. There was no Luke to rescue Chewie or Han so Chewie was tortured to death, Lando was caught and executed in his attempt to get them out. Leia has fixed the fatal flaw in the deathstar (as she was the first to see and try to exploit it)....

This was a much darker group of heros all with major chips on their shoulders... also much more turbulent and dangerous times as Leia systematically wiped out the rebellion and their bases...

darth maim
26 March 2002, 03:13 PM
Also Korwin... is this what the pm was going to be about?? It's still driving me mad!! :D :raised:

Korwin Blade
26 March 2002, 03:31 PM
Sorry darth maim. I was tied up with other things and just couldn't get backto you. But in answer to your question Yes it was

Mathis Kharr
26 March 2002, 04:08 PM
I had run a campaign in which luke bested vadar and joined the Emperor worked rather well.

Rigil Kent
26 March 2002, 04:17 PM
Check out Moridin's Darth Gadrel saga on the 'Network. Here's a link:

http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=595

Donovan Morningfire
27 March 2002, 07:53 AM
Neat setup.

I ran an Infinities campaign similar to the Dark Horse Infinties New Hope series (What if Luke missed?)

End result was the Rebellion, while not destroyed, was severly hampered. The Empire reigned supreme. Vader was replaced by a protege of Thrawn's who was extremely talented in the Dark Side (was the Dark Side version of my old d6 Jedi PC), with several of the heroes from my regular campaing being shifted/rewritten. It proved rather interesting. Also, the game was set about 40+ years after New Hope. Han, Leia and Chewie had been caught and executed as traitors, with Luke having disappeared.

As it turned out, the child of the new Dark Lord had tremendous potential in the Force, and ended up getting his final training from none other than ... Luke Skywalker (though this was not known until the very end of the training). In terms of power, this kid was akin to Nate Grey of Marvel's X-Man title 8o

Came down to a final blitz on the Rebellion's part, and this Jedi teen (his Trial was to confront Palpatine; the kid was that powerful) aboard a modified Death Star. The players that were still good guys were on a suicide mission to blow it up from the inside. They succeeded just as the Jedi teen (named Eric) succeeded in destroying Palpatine, though daddy and his mistress/cohort (a revamped PC) escaped.

Due to the massive amounts of Force energy at work (two near literal demi-gods going at it, with one of them dying just as the Death Star's core went supernova), Eric ended up, dazed and totally confused, in our regular campaign (where he'd been born, but died an infant).

More than a little over the top, but it was fun, since several of the players got to walk on the dark side of the fence :D And the reactions on their faces when Eric used pure TK to rip open the entry wall to the Emperor's throne room was a sight.

Deck
27 March 2002, 12:56 PM
Pretty cool plot idea!

There was something similar in the line of the DarkHorse Comics. The series was called <i>Infinities</i>. Some kind of "What could have happenend when..." There - not Luke - but Leia instead turned to Vader, and ruled together. Quite funny to read, and might give you some nice ideas. You can also read the summary of these comics on the DarkHorse homepage. :)

Korwin Blade
1 April 2002, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the help. It helped alot.

Korwin B)