PDA

View Full Version : Source Materials Timeline - Other Questions

cyberProlix
26 March 2002, 08:51 PM
Help.
I'm getting ready to start my d20 SW game. I am planning on having the group be part of a "search & destroy/rescue team". We are going to be playing between 6 mos and 1 1/2 yrs after the Battle of Endor. I want the group to be able to help out Rogue Squadron and the liberation of Coruscant as the final thing when its all over (unless they decide to continue). It's this inbetween time that is difficult and what I want to make sure is clear on my part.
Here's what I know (and if I recall the source). If you can fill in the blanks, I'd appreciate it. I have the Del Ray Chronology Book, SW RPG Core, Rebellion Era Sourcebook, Dark Side Soucebook, all the novels regarding the time area, and some comic books - if those help in determinng what's canon and what is not.

~ Jabba the Hutt dies (RotJ)
~ Boba Fett crawls out of Sarlac Pit (bounty hunter wars novels)
~ Battle of Endor (RotJ)
~ Truce at Bakura (book) - 1 day - 2 months after BoE
~ Sate Pestage controls Coruscant (?) - after BoE until 6 months. He fights the former Ruling Circle and Isard.
~ Isard assumes control of Coruscant. about 6-10 months after BoE. (Chronology by Del Ray)
~ ? -
~ ? -
~ Battle for Coruscant (2 1/2 yrs after BoE) - Rogue Squadron books (Wedge's Gamble [IIRC]).

The party will all create PC's at the same time at the hobby shop. When all is said and done and we are ready to play I will ask them to roll inititive. I am having them start out in a bar (typical). But they have their speacilized Lambada Class shuttle outside, and they are in a blaster fight with Bossk and his croonies. Bossk was hired (unknown by whom just yet [or why - this I'm still working out]) to capture Irrake Donlun the party's NPC Commander. Irrake Donlun is going to be a former Stormtrooper. I'm planning on having him start out as a 4th lvl solider. As the PC's progress in levels he will as well. As I give XP to the party he will get the average XP from the party. This way he can continue to be above them.

After the firefight between Bossk (who will not be killed so that he can continue to harass the Party [is there official stats for him?]) and the PC's they will take their Shuttle, the Goblins Mace, back to X planet. This planet - I'm thinking of using Celanon from WEG's Planets Collection - will be the home base. I'm going to be checking with the map in SWG #5 to see if that planet is in the region that I want to play in.

What do the rest of you think. I'm still learning SW d20 but myself and the others should be able to *finger* it out. If anybody has generic stats for some "henchmen" and such that Bossk would use (as well as him) I'd appreacite it.

cyberProlix
keeping the internet safe from lengthy prose

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
26 March 2002, 09:02 PM
Bossk's stats are in the RESB on page 99. As for his lackies you could use the generic thugs from the CR.

As far as that time period goes the X-Wing books are going to be your best source for information. And possibly the Tales from the New Republic.

darth maim
27 March 2002, 12:22 AM
If you want other bounty hunters to run with bossk there are several in one of the gamers (not sure about the number yet and can't get to it at this moment). Also didn't he pretty much always run with one particular guy? Can't produce the name right now (which is annoying to say the least).

Ghost In The Holocron
27 March 2002, 06:10 AM
from darth maim:

didn't he pretty much always run with one particular guy?

I have precious few SW sourcebooks and reference material (just a few of the d20 manuals and a handful of comics). Could it have been Zuckuss, the Gand? -- although, I think Zuckuss was at about the same time hired by Bossk's father to kill him. (Zuckuss failed and Bossk then killed and ate his own father -- the horror!).

Or it could have been the near-human Zekka Thyne? Which might be closer to the truth since I think Thyne appears towards the New Republic era. I really can't be sure, though.

Just to add to your own list of references, you might want to drop by Bob Vitas' useful Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia (http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/) and do a search for the personalities and other items you're interested in. I've found the site to be a great source of information and plot ideas. You might also want to look at McElroy and Pott's SW Timetales Chronology (http://www.theforce.net/timetales) for a good and exhaustive overview of the SW timeline.

Have fun with your game!