PDA

View Full Version : The Killer GM Strikes Again

Fred Getce
27 March 2002, 07:55 PM
I have another adventure based on the Tapani Sector from the boxed set Lords of the Expanse.

If you were greatly moved by the story and action in Dune? If you were always meaning to set up an adventure like that with the intrigue, danger, suspense, political backstabbing and high adventure? Than I have what you need baby!

The Adventure I am speaking of has claimed the lives of two PCs, even before it got to the good stuff. I call it Black Sand (a equivalent of Star Wars "Dune").

Any GMs who would like this adventure it includes some of the basic notes from the boxed set on the noble houses with some of my own stuff thrown in, plus stats for all major players in D6 with notes on the stats for D20 plus level suggestions for the players. The campaign is actual set for TOTJ, but you could modify it for either the Rise of the Empire, or Rebellion era with a little pre-thought. It includes Sith but they are shadowy characters who may not actually show up unless the PCs really begin to close in on the secrets of the noble houses (especially Mecetti which is the Star Wars take on House Harkonen from Dune). Mostly it is about trying to create peace between feuding houses and trying to prevent the sensless death and murder that goes on. It includes romances for any PCs (if you are also of the idea that Jedi can take wives than there are a couple of women in the campaign for that possibility), heroic oppurtunities and political maneuvering between the Senate (in fact you could either include a PC Senator or Encourage a PC to try their hand at a Senator since they are another character class for teh campaign). My favorite stuff is about Sorcorro, or also called "Black Sand".

If you want these notes email me or post that you want them and they are on their way. Also what did those who took teh previous adventure think of the angle and action element? Just to point out it cost one PC and two major NPC deaths before the battle was over and it was partially successsful (Major NPCs deaths included Commander Nara and Keyan Farlander). There were about 87 minor NPC deaths on the rebels side.

darth maim
27 March 2002, 08:00 PM
Hey there guy...

I'll take any adventures you have ready to send (if they're D20 without conversions required) I can't do any conversions as I'm not at all familiar with the system.

DirkGreystoke
27 March 2002, 09:33 PM
Please post the d20 TOTJ stuff. I need some help on that one.

Ghost In The Holocron
28 March 2002, 01:55 AM
Hello, Fred Getce.

I'd like a look at your stuff, if I may. Part of my jedi purge campaign involves events in the Tapani Sector -- my lead jedi padawan is from House Pelagia, plus I've a scoundrel from Soccoro. I have only very sparse info on the Expanse and such, just the stuff I've gathered from ransacking the SW encyclopedia on theForce.net and other sources, so any information relating to Tapani will really help me out.

If you can, send the stuff to: ghost@swrpgnetwork.com (holonet should also send there if you click on my profile's e-mail entry below.)

I'm mostly interested in the background story elements and the like -- so I usually just make up my own stats (oh, and I do d20, with no experience at all in d6) -- but I promise you feedback when I'm done with it.

Thanks!

Sil7
28 March 2002, 04:11 AM
I'll take one too! It sounds very interesting, and I want to see it even if it's in D6 (the system I have no experiance in). Thanks. :)

Sil7

madpoet
28 March 2002, 04:16 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. I'd like a copy, D6 or D20, although I'd prefer D20 since that is the current campaign I'm running. If all you have is D6, I'll do the conversions. Thanks.

Emperor Xanderich II
28 March 2002, 11:58 AM
If you're going to post system specific items, then this isn't the forum to do it. Please send a PM with the info in or use e-mail. Cheers!

Fred Getce
28 March 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Xanderich II
If you're going to post system specific items, then this isn't the forum to do it. Please send a PM with the info in or use e-mail. Cheers!

Um...I kind of said I would email them, not post. Or at least that is what I meant. If they wanted them they could make a post here to tell me they wanted them, I would than use their email address in their profile, to email them the file (they could also PM me to tell me they want them instead of posting).

By the way if you want teh file and do not have your email visible in your profile than you will need to PM me and tell me the address you need them sent to.

Don't worry Emperor Xanderich I know the forums rules pretty well and would never upload a 125 kb file nor try and post the info. To much stuff would probably crash the site. :)

IVIarco
28 March 2002, 01:27 PM
I'm actually running a scenario dealing with the Tapani sector right now. It takes place about 3 years after TPM, and is going well.

Of course, it helped that one of my Jedi wanted to have it in her background that she was royalty, so I *suggested* she be a member of House Melantha. That was pror to this current scenario, which was a very nice seguey into the Tapani Sector.

Of course, I had to edit out the Saber Rakes, and deem Melantha as being much more tied to the Senate...and various other changes that might have made sense working backwards from the classic era.

Also, is it just me, or is Tapani a really great point from which to build a LARP game? I mean, in the Classic era, you can play just about =anything= in the SW Universe, royalty included, and have it make sense.

-Marco

Jedi_Staailis
28 March 2002, 03:19 PM
I've been looking for a sort of adventure like this for a while! I've just been too busy planning other campaigns to make one. :)

rickuhlman@hotmail.com

madpoet
29 March 2002, 04:34 AM
Thanks for sending the notes. I'm preparing to start a new ROTE D20 game and with only a couple of small alterations, this will be a great starting point.