PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Super Star Destroyers (this has nothing to due with their length)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
28 March 2002, 07:21 PM
How many Super Star Destroyers where made and what were they named?

This is what I know

As of Endor
Executor
????? renamed Iron Fist by Zinj
Lusankya (still under Coruscant)

Later
Night Hammer renamed Knight Hammer by Daala
Pride of Yevetha or Intimidator

Jedi Master Antilles
28 March 2002, 08:04 PM
there was the executor which was destroyed...
the Lusankya which is used by the new republic (it's mentioned in the new NJO book rebel dream ..hopefully thats not a major spoiler)
the Knight Hammer
and i could swear the Vengeance from the jedi Knight game was a modified SSD.

madpoet
28 March 2002, 08:10 PM
Are you asking about the 8km or 16km SSD?

Just kidding.

I think you pretty much covered them all. If there are any more SSDs out there, they haven't been mentioned yet as far as I know.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
28 March 2002, 08:49 PM
I found that the Iron Fist's original name was The Brawl. But I can't help remembering something that the Empire originally commissioned 4(Executor, The Brawl, The Pride of Yevetha, and one other) with the others being constructed either in secret (Lusankya) or by a faction long after the Emperor's death (Knight Hammer).

As for the thought that the mentioning of the Lusankya being a spoiler the captain is listed as being in command of that ship in the Dramatis Personae that all NJO series books seem to have.

FlipDog 2000
29 March 2002, 06:55 AM
The Vengeance was just a normal ISD and was part of Vader's Death Squadron. It was one of the few that had some of its cargo space modified to extra TIE hangar bays.

BrianDavion
29 March 2002, 07:08 AM
just remember "there are a lot of command ships"

Grand Admiral Jason
29 March 2002, 07:47 AM
There was also the Razor Kiss (Zsinji tried to capture it, but was foiled by none other than, Han Solo and Wedge :) )

Chris Curtis
29 March 2002, 08:09 AM
I do believe that the following link from the Star Wars Technical Commentaries might be of some use. Enjoy!

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html#list

Soontide
29 March 2002, 07:52 PM
Chris I've been looking for a reference like this for some time. there is a dispute among my gamers on how many SSD's there were, some say as little as 5, some say as many as twenty. Now, I have the skinny on the real number documented. thanks.

Chris Curtis
30 March 2002, 11:58 AM
No problem, Soontide. I won't promise that it's a complete list since I simply don't know for sure. However, seeing as how each of the entries in the list has a documented source, it can definitely be used as the lower end for how many there might be.

So, we know there were at least 12 SSDs. Luckily, that means that we're perfectly free to introduce more of them in our own gaming universes if we so desire. Personally, I'm of the mindset that SSDs are simply too big to be using in a game, but the opportunity is there nonetheless.

Master_thorin
2 April 2002, 06:00 PM
I in my campaign am actually running in the NJO era but this caught my interest. I had the Remnant building them inside really bis asteroids and attacking vong with them it was pretty cool till the Republic PCs stole one then not so fun (a slew of awesome Die rolls by their Jedi with Affect Mind and really bad ones by me.)

Otonashi
3 April 2002, 05:35 AM
The Darkside edition of Gamer also listed one called the Singularity. It is run by a Dark Side Prophet known as Blackhole. He ran the imperial intelligence division. Apparently the ship and her entire compliment of TIEs and AT-ATs are cloaked with Stygian Crystals. The Stormtroopers are clad in black. According to the Gamer, the Singularity avoids direct confrontation, preferring stealth above all else.

wolverine
3 April 2002, 10:48 AM
Was there not one also, in either crakens rebel operatives or something like that. Damaged, and alone. There was also a pre made (possible) game to play around it where teh players discover it....

Tem_Starrunner
3 April 2002, 11:16 AM
I know there was one a super star destroyer in one of WEGs Adventure Journals, I can't remember of the top of my head its name.

Also in either the first or second X-wing novel there is a Super Strar Destroyer that is unnamed (I think) by General Dericote.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
3 April 2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Otonashi
The Darkside edition of Gamer also listed one called the Singularity. It is run by a Dark Side Prophet known as Blackhole.

That is the Singularity; however, it is not a Super Star Destroyer. The stats on page 46 of SWG #5 list it as a Imperial I Class Star Destroyer. But everything else you said is correct.

In Cracken's Threat Dossier there is the Pride of Yevetha and the Iron Fist but neither was alone so I don't know.

In the X-Wing books their was the Lusankya, commanded by Isard in the first 4 books, and the Iron Fist, commanded by Zinij in the Wraith Books. I don't remember Derricote being in command of one.

reliant
10 April 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Master_thorin
I in my campaign am actually running in the NJO era but this caught my interest. I had the Remnant building them inside really bis asteroids and attacking vong with them it was pretty cool till the Republic PCs stole one then not so fun (a slew of awesome Die rolls by their Jedi with Affect Mind and really bad ones by me.)

I know it's off topic, but I just have to ask... How the heck did your PC's manage to steal a SSD? There are hundreds of thousands of crew members! You're telling me that they "affect mind"ed the WHOLE CREW?!? How many PC's are we talking about here?

Otonashi
10 April 2002, 10:41 AM
With the force, all things are possible. You don't have to affect the minds of everyone on the ship, just the bridge crew. Heck you really only NEED the Captain. Or if this ship was still being built it would not have a full compliment on it. Or you could use affect mind and get the quartermaster to sound the general evacuation. Then people would want to get off, and you wouldn't have to worry about them. The real question is, once you have a Star Destroyer all to yourself what do you do with it?

reliant
10 April 2002, 11:07 AM
The real question is, once you have a Star Destroyer all to yourself what do you do with it?

I guess you go out and hire yourself thousands and thousands of crew members...

I would think it would be tough to even go anywhere or have any degree of control if you had the whole crew evacuated.

If I had stolen an SSD, I'd sell it. Think of the fleet you could buy (or trade) with the cash value of a SSD...

FlipDog 2000
16 April 2002, 07:14 AM
Amazingly enough, I have drawn up plans to a SSD that combines the firepower of the Executor, and the Gravity-Well Generating capabilities of the Interdictor-Class SD. It may or may not be going in a Fan Film being made this summer...

BrianDavion
16 April 2002, 11:43 AM
that class already exists actually.. the eclipse had gravity well projectors