PDA

View Full Version : A New Galactic Civil War

Rouge8
30 March 2002, 02:36 PM
i've got a great idea! We should start an new infinities Civil War where the Vong never existed. Imperial supprters (and Rebel Scum) can post here with stats or e-mail them to me by clicking here (Rouge8@msn.com)

Rouge8
30 March 2002, 02:38 PM
I will have my stats for me up by the end of the week if you guys post and show support.

Rouge8
30 March 2002, 06:48 PM
I got my stats, so here they are.

Gavin Terrek
Capt. Gavin Terrek entered Imperial service a few days after Hoth and policed the system for evacuating Rebels. He served under the treacherous Admirals Harkov and Zaarin. He helped put an end to a civil war, left a pirate organization in ruins, saved the Emperor from rouge Admiral Zaarin, and became the Emperorís hand. He continued to fly a TIE Defender throughout the rest of the war. After the Emperorís death at Endor, he served under Grand Admiral Thrawn and then under General Baron Sooniter Fel and the Remnants of the Empire.

Captain Gavin Terrek: Male Human Scl 1/Sol 6/EH 1/ SA 4; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Defense 24 (+11 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10m; VP/WP 78/13; Atk +9/+4 melee (1d3, fists), or +12/+7 ranged (3d6, blaster pistol); SQ Illicit barter, resource access, starfighter defense, familiarity (TIE Defender) +2; SV Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +6; SZ M; FP 5; DSP 5; Rep 8; Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 17.
Equipment: Blaster Pistol, flight suit and helmet, TIE Defender (Midnight 1).
Skills: Astrogate +12, Bluff +9, Computer Use +15, Disable Device +12, Gather Information +11, Hide +7, Move Silently + 7, Pilot +23, Repair + 10, Read/Write Basic, Slight of Hand +9, Speak Basic, Speak Bocce, Spot +13, Survival +9, Treat Injury +6, Tumble +11.
Force Skills: Move Object +6.
Feats: Alertness, Ambidexterity, Armor Group Proficiencies (light, medium, heavy), Force Sensitive, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Spacer, Starship Dodge (Starfighter), Starship Operation (Starfighter), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).
Force Feats: Alter.

Craft: Seinar Fleet Systems TIE Defender; Class: Starfighter; Cost: 200,000***; Size: Diminutive (6.6 m long); Initiative: +11 (+4 size, + 7 Gavin Terrek); Crew: 1** (Gavin Terrek +23); Passengers: None; Cargo Capacity: 65 Kilograms; Consumables: 1 week****; Hyperdrive: x2; Maximum Speed: Ramming (15 Spaces); Maneuvers: +30 (+4 size, +23 Gavin Terrek, +3 engine quality); Defense: 24 (+4 size, + 10 armor); Shield Points: 60; Hull Points: 100; DR: 5.
Weapon: Laser Cannons (4 fire-linked); Fire Arc: Front; Attack Bonus: +22/+17 (+4 size, +12/+7 Gavin Terrek, +6 fire-control); Damage: 6d10x2; Range Modifiers: PB +0; S+0; M/L n/a.
Weapon: Medium Ion Cannons (2 fire-linked); Fire Arc: Front; Attack Bonus: +22/+17 (+4 size, +12/+7 Gavin Terrek, +6 fire-control); Damage: Special; Range Modifiers: PB +0; S +0; M/L n/a.
Weapon: Small Proton Torpedo Launcher (2 fire-linked, 4 missiles each); Fire Arc: Front; Attack Bonus: +20/+15 (+4 size, +12/+7 Gavin Terrek, +4 fire-control); Damage: 10d10x2 (proton torpedoes); Range Modifiers: PB +0, S/M/L n/a.
*The special firing system that allows the defender to fire its laser cannons and ion cannons together qualifies as a minor system. It costs 10,000 credits and takes 2 construction points.
** A normal TIE Defender has a crew of 1 (skilled +4).
***The cost for a stock TIE Defender.
**** A normal TIE Defender has 2 days worth of consumables.

Grimace
31 March 2002, 01:19 PM
This appears to be the beginning of an RPG thread, so I'm going to move it to that forum.

Rouge8
3 April 2002, 06:50 PM
Which one?

Rouge8
6 April 2002, 06:17 PM
Never Mind I found it

Rouge8
6 April 2002, 06:40 PM
Will Anyone Post?

Grimace
7 April 2002, 12:53 PM
Sometimes you'll find that unless a story seems interesting, people won't just pop in on an idea that you've had. Even though you have stats, you'll need to build some sort of foundation to attempt to gain some people's interest.

Also realize that you may have picked a topic that has great interest in your mind, but perhaps not much in anyone else's. You may find yourself posting a whole lot by yourself. If you lose interest, don't lose heart. See what interests other people, see if any of those ideas interest you, and start from there.

Hope this helps.

darth_insidioius
27 April 2002, 09:42 PM
I might be interested... Id like to be a Dark Jedi somehow fitting into this scheme...
lemme know

Rouge8
28 April 2002, 12:39 PM
Sure. Vader trained you to be a new warrior, so that way he could take over the galaxy from the Emporer. But then, the Emporer and Vader died and you finished your training alone.

Slavan K. Guiser
28 April 2002, 01:38 PM
Hmmm, this sounds kinda interesting. I do have some questions. What time setting is this in, is it actually going to be a posting RPG or freeform like the No Need To Be Sober ones, and what is the general plot line? Do you think you could flesh it out a bit more? I'll try and get some stats up if you could get some more. Thanks!

Slavan

Rouge8
29 April 2002, 02:36 PM
Ok. this is in the NJO except instead of the Vong invading the Empire rises up. I would like it to be serious kinda, you know. One such group of Imperials was the Midnight Squadron under Col. Gavin Terrek.

Regrix
30 April 2002, 09:37 AM
OK, Is this strictly a dark side game or is there both sides of the fence? Either way Jedi or Sith is cool with me, that is if players are still sought.

Rouge8
30 April 2002, 04:35 PM
Either. Though most people who are interested seem to be Imperial.

Regrix
30 April 2002, 07:41 PM
Ok, I have an idea in mind for a character that has walked both sides of the line and is still in the middle of deciding which is the corrct path. He is more or less disillusioned with the whole lightside / darkside debate and basically has become content to deal with the galaxy on his terms.

When do you want to see the character and to where do I send it?

Rouge8
1 May 2002, 04:06 PM
I would like it A.S.A.P. Post it here or email me by clicking here (Rouge8@msn.com)

Baron Valon
2 May 2002, 09:48 PM
I'd be more than happy to give this a go, but I would like a little bit more direction (i.e. setting info) to help flesh out the setting so I can write a proper history/backgroud, and character creation rules if you could please would be great. Thanks.

Rouge8
3 May 2002, 06:54 PM
You can make up your history based of the novaels. In it 25 years A.B.Y.
Imperial
The Imperial Remnant is constantlay growing tired of the NR's contempt for them. Now certain Imperial groups have begun to strike back against the NR and reclaim their territory.

Rebel
The New Republic is growing tired of the problems that plague it. Some are begining to hate the Empire for not dealing with this and for giving them a war-torn galaxy. Now as Imperial groups are beginning to attack the NR, more and more citizens and soliders are striking back. Borsk Fey'la has a crisis on his hands.

Slavan K. Guiser
3 May 2002, 07:06 PM
Heh, this sounds a bit like something I would rather enjoy. I'll get my character rolled up sometime this weekend. And I'll end up giving him a rather interesting background. I think I'll start by giving him a name.

I would like everyone to meet: Ja-hedi Kadesh (Pronounced Jaw head-eye Caw-dish) , Freelance Mercenary Captain (Oyah, He has a big ship) with a vendetta against the New Republic.

I'll get more as it comes to me. My character probably won't be human, so there'll be some tension in the group. Okay Rouge 8?

Slavan

Rouge8
4 May 2002, 04:55 PM
Cool. You can make multiple characters if you want. Any help is good help.

Rouge8
10 May 2002, 05:23 PM
When you send your characters, please use RCRB form (or find someone who can do it for you. I'm already to busy with my players and other stats to do that. But, I will try.)

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
28 May 2002, 02:23 AM
So are you guys gonna do this roleplaying in a thread like this? Someplace else? Should I make a new character or use my old, worn out one? Is there going to be stats put to heavy use, or lighter stuff? I guess I don't know much about this kinda stuff in the first place, but if you could explain it to me, in more detail, I would probably play when I get my character converted to d20 (which might take a while considering I don't know how to play d20, unless someone would want to conver it for me?:)?

Rouge8
28 May 2002, 09:00 AM
Here probably. Any char. Multtiple please.
Your other questions depend on how much support we recieve.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
28 May 2002, 02:25 PM
I'm not a big fan of d20, and I don't know how to play it, so I don't know if I'm gonna join up. There's a possibility.

DJK
31 May 2002, 10:26 AM
Will Dark Jedi be allowed in the Empire now? (cuz no more Sith, for now...) Or maybe we can start a New Sith Order like the one in the old republic. :mad:

Rouge8
1 June 2002, 08:21 AM
Dark AJedi yes. Alfred, I can try to help you convert it. Someone else could help to since I hardly know D6

Nova Spice
4 June 2002, 08:27 PM
I would be interested if a scenario was established. We need a general plotline to go from. What planet or sector are we in? What have the Imps been doing that has caused so much trouble?....Why hasn't the NR crushed the Empire if they only hold 8 sectors (source from Specter of the Past)? I have an old character from a retired campaign. Tiara Korliss, a female human pilot that fought at Endor in Y-wing Gray Squadron. She also participated in the Battle of Coruscant (First One when the Rebels first snatched it from Imp hands), and later served with Han Solo's task force in the hunt for Warlord Zsinj. She has been retired since the supposed peace treaty with the Empire six years ago. Now, she's been called out of retirement and has created a new squadron of Y-wings (the new BTL-S7 models).

With light brown hair (graying as of late), striking brown eyes, and a trim and tall figure, Tiara is still quite attractive in her middle age. She has an aura of confidence about her and her squadmates have come to trust her judgement. Her XO (executive officer) of Ranger Squadron is a middle-aged Duro named Skreegar Gruht who also served at Endor and in the Zsinj campaign. Her relationship with Skree is that of best friends and she owes him her life on more than one occasion. Her greatest accomplishment was in the Zsinj campaign, when she actually flew with Wedge Antilles and Rogue Squadron. She's told that tale many a time at a cantina, to anyone that will listen.

Tiara Korliss: Female Human Fringer 8/Starship Ace 3; Initiative +2 (+2 Dex); Defense 20 (+8 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10m; VP/WP 49/12; Atk +7/+2 melee (1d3-1, punch); Atk +10/+5 ranged (3d6, blaster pistol); SQ: Bonus class skill (Astrogate, Computer Use, Tumble), barter, jury-rig +4, survival +2, starship defense, familiarity +1; SV Fort +9, SV Ref +9, SV Will +6; SZ M; FP 2; DSP 1; Rep +2; Str 9, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Equipment: Blaster pistol, R5-A1B, S7 Y-wing
Skills: Astrogate +14, Climb +10, Computer Use +15, Gamble +11, Hide +12, Knowlege (Taanab) +9, Knowledge (Spacer Lore) +11, Listen +8, Pilot +16, Repair +13, Survival +8, Tumble +10
Feats: Gearhead, Spacer, Starship Operation (Starfighter), Starship Dodge (Starfighter), Weapon Group Proficiency (Primitive, Simple, Blaster Pistols, Blaster Rifles)

Now, gimme a scenario and we have us an RPG session going ;)

Rouge8
18 June 2002, 06:24 PM
Good If you want you can fly against Midnightg Squadron. I am creating them now or if you want to join I will take them here (Rouge8@msn.com)