PDA

View Full Version : Other Space?

Jaggard
30 March 2002, 08:44 PM
I have heard a few people refer to something called other space, or something like that. What is this Other space.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
30 March 2002, 09:06 PM
Otherspace is another dimension (in the same vein as there being realspace, hyperspace, and some others), except in otherspace, it is ruled over by an insectoid species called the Charon, who are all members of a death cult intent on destroying all life. But they haven't developed interdimensional travel yet, so they're all stuck in their own dimension. That's the basic jist of it, I'm sure someone elso can go into more detail for you.

Winter
31 March 2002, 07:41 PM
You pretty much hit it on the head, Alfred.

They were the main nemesis in two WEG adventures (Otherspace and Otherspace II). In the second adventure, some Charon had managed to cross into "our" dimension and it appeared that an invasion was about to happen.

When I first heard about the Yuuzhan Vong, I thought that that might be a new name for the Charon (bio-tech using, crab-shell armored opponents from outside our galaxy threatening everything that lives that is not in synch with their own religion).