PDA

View Full Version : Who realy designed the SSDs?

Armadious
3 April 2002, 01:55 PM
I have been looking in all the paces I know to look to see who specificaly designed the SSD (or ESD whichever you prefeer :) ).

I know that Admiral Giff was in charge of the project, but as to the actual designer or designers, I am without a clue.
(I do not have those comics if they have the answer)

darth maim
3 April 2002, 05:22 PM
Was it the omwati developers like the other "super weapons"? If not I don't even have a clue.

IVIarco
4 April 2002, 01:10 AM
I thought it was Lira Wessex, the same woman who designed the ISD.

-Marco

Master_thorin
4 April 2002, 08:42 AM
I figured it was a "rejected" design for the Eye Of Palpatine. So they did some mods on it and turned it into the new command ship.

Armadious
8 April 2002, 11:37 AM
Hmmm so basicaly we are without an offical source on the name of the designer(s).

I know it that many have assumed it was Lira Wessex, but I thought she was ruled out by the events in Starfall.

The Admiral
8 April 2002, 02:08 PM
Lira escapes in Star Fall, so there's no real problem with her going on to design the thing.

Unless you count the fact that she's clearly a moron.

Other options in the 'Guess the designer stakes' would be Kuat Kuat (he has to do SOMETHING other than plotting) or that funny fat man that keeps designing super-weapons for Bob, er, Umak Leth,,,

dgswensen
9 April 2002, 04:24 PM
From http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/search.asp?search=wessex&EandD=EyDn&no=10

Wessex, Lira
formerly Lira Blissex, she is the daughter of Walex Blissex, the man who created the Victory-class ships. She despised the Old Republic and what it stood for, and chose to support the New Order. To this end, she married Denn Wessex and turned her abilities to the assistance of the Imperial Navy. She took her father's work and expanded upon it, creating the Imperial-class Star Destroyer. She later worked with her husband in an attempt to kidnap her father and coerce him to provide her more information about starship design. The attempt failed, and Lira barely escaped the destruction of the Subjugator. (SF, COTF)

http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/search.asp?search=super+star+destroyer&EandD=EyDn&no=10

Super-class Star Destroyer
an immense, heavy-duty Imperial Star Destroyed designed and built just before the destruction of the first Death Star, the Super-class Star Destroyer is an 8-kilometer-long battle station. Four of these huge capital ships were initially built by Kuat Drive Yards, displaying the depths of the Emperor's coffers and his desire to flaunt his power. The initial Super-class design was created by Lira Wessex, and although it was militarily impractical - several smaller ships could have performed the same job - it was ultimately successful in support of the Tarkin Doctrine. It was most often used as a command ship, and was manned by a crew of 279,144 accompanied by 1,590 gunners. Its weapons systems included 250 heavy turbolaser batteries, 250 turbolaser batteries, 250 concussion missile tubes, 250 ion cannons, and 40 tractor beam projectors. Darth Vader's command ship Executor was the first Super-class Star Destroyer, presented to the Dark Lord to assist in his search for the Alliance. (ESB, ROTJ, ISB, EGV)

Rouge8
9 April 2002, 04:43 PM
Well now I know who the players need to assinate. The alliance want them to get info on the new SDs. And they want to murder one of the designers.

Armadious
10 April 2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks - thats what I needed - normaly I do not think of looking in the "Essential" guides for info. So that source did not even occur to me.

reliant
10 April 2002, 09:58 AM
In the second book of the "Bounty Hunters Wars" Kuat of Kuat mentions the SSD and from the way he talked about it, I would have thought that he had nothing to do with it. Odd... Kuat didn't seem to put very much stock into the Death Star either...

darth maim
10 April 2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Armadious
Thanks - thats what I needed - normaly I do not think of looking in the "Essential" guides for info. So that source did not even occur to me.

That's all they really exist for silly...

:D