PDA

View Full Version : Did Battle for the Golden Sun get reprinted?

Tony J Case, Super Genius
5 April 2002, 11:55 AM
Just a quick question - did Battle for the Golden Sun ever get reprinted in any of the "Classic Adventures" suppliments that WEG did?

Bjorn
5 April 2002, 02:50 PM
They never reprinted it like they did with some many of the other original Adventure Modules.

Something else that was never reprinted was Other Space & Other Space II.

Being one of the main guys working with the d6 system, have you ever thought about creating a new campaign setting for use with the d6? Or would you guys at SWRPGNetworks be open to someone creating a campaign setting and posting it on your site? I mean, create a sector for example, including information on key planets, main personalities & factions in the campaign setting, then adding to it once a week or every couple of weeks. And maybe once every month or two, maybe post a mission that can be used for the setting. It would be nice to have something new for the d6 system. I mean, sure, people still playing the d6 system can create their own campigns, but I just think it would be a cool idea. Sometimes we all suffer from writter's block & need a little help.

Just an idea. Thanks for reading.

Bjorn

Deck
6 April 2002, 12:39 AM
Here is a list of all adventures that have been reprinted for the 2nd Edition:

<b>Classic Adventures Vol. 1</b>
<li>The Politics of Contraband</li>
<li>The Abduction</li>

<b>Classic Adventures Vol. 2</b>
<li>Graveyard of Alderaan</li>
<li>Domain of Evil</li>

<b>Classic Adventures Vol. 3</b>
<li>Riders of the Maelstrom</li>
<li>Death in the Undercity</li>
<li>Tatooine Manhunt</li>

<b>Classic Adventures Vol. 5</b>
<li>Starfall</li>
<li>Strike Force: Shantipole</li>
<li>The Game Chambers of Questal</li>

Sithspawn
6 April 2002, 01:45 AM
have you ever thought about creating a new campaign setting
I did trt this for a couple of adventures. I had the Otherspace Universe crossed over with LEXX. I had the forces of His Devine Shadow fighting the Charon. So it was bad guys vs. bad guys with the players stuck in the middle with no way home.

On another note, Superdog, what happened to your Charon website you were working on?

Chris Curtis
6 April 2002, 10:35 AM
{warning, shameless plug alert}

Bjorn, have you checked out my site, the Servais Sector (URL below)? It's an entire sector complete with planets, NPCs, organizations (legal and illegal), ships, equipment, and much more.

I can also point you toward a few of others:
Kurlnova Sector: http://starwars-rpg.net/kurlnova/
Project Hammer: http://starwars-rpg.net/toris/hammer/
Vashell Sector: http://starwars-rpg.net/toris/vashell/

Bjorn
6 April 2002, 05:56 PM
Thanks alot for the link to you site Chris. Sounds great, so I'll jump right over to it right now & check it out. And there's nothing wrong with plugging your own site. ;)

And Sithspawn, great idea! That sounds like a fantastic idea. I would never have thought about using His Divine Shadow as the primary rival for the Charon in their home universe. Doesn't really give the heroes of a campaign many trustworthy allies to side with. I've already ran the first Other Space Module, but I was having a problem trying to figure out how to work in the second Module since one of the players has looked through it at someone else's house (after he had known that I planned on running it :mad: ). Now with you wonderful idea, I may try to work something like that instead of the second Other Space Module. Thanks for the idea. :)

Bjorn

Tony J Case, Super Genius
8 April 2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Bjorn
Being one of the main guys working with the d6 system, have you ever thought about creating a new campaign setting for use with the d6? Or would you guys at SWRPGNetworks be open to someone creating a campaign setting and posting it on your site? I mean, create a sector for example, including information on key planets, main personalities & factions in the campaign setting, then adding to it once a week or every couple of weeks. And maybe once every month or two, maybe post a mission that can be used for the setting. It would be nice to have something new for the d6 system. I mean, sure, people still playing the d6 system can create their own campigns, but I just think it would be a cool idea. Sometimes we all suffer from writter's block & need a little help.

Well, I almost kind of have something like that going on on my page. Not quite - it's a lot more loose in structure than a WEG book might be, but it's kind of the same idea.

As for doing something new and dedicated? Well, I'm not sure that I could muster up the creative energy to put together a quality piece of work. At least, not without a paychek somewhere behind it all. :)

I'll give it some though and see if my partners in crime don't have some ideas.

Bjorn
8 April 2002, 05:35 PM
Sounds good to me. And if you decide to try it, I maybe willing to help. ;)

Bjorn

Aaron B'Aviv
11 April 2002, 06:31 PM
Hey Deck... I'm not a D6er, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

But when you listed the reprinted D6 Adventures, you list Classic Adventures 1,2,3, and 5. Was there a Classic Adventures 4? If not, why not? If so, why didn't you mention it?

And out of curiosity, how much of value is there in these adventures for an unrepentent D20 player?

Moridin
11 April 2002, 06:49 PM
Or would you guys at SWRPGNetworks be open to someone creating a campaign setting and posting it on your site? I mean, create a sector for example, including information on key planets, main personalities & factions in the campaign setting, then adding to it once a week or every couple of weeks. Funny you should mention that. One of my next big projects is a new Sector campaign setting. It will, as with everything else, be both d20 and D6 compatible. I'll be putting out supplements in monthly installments, and hopefully by the time it's done it will be on par with any other campaign setting, like the Lords of the Expanse setting, or the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

Additionally, user-created sectors are welcome as Submissions, but they do need to be in both systems. You could probably find a partner in crime to do your d20 conversions, though, so that shouldn't be too much of a stumbling block.

Side note: Tony, remind me to talk to you about this sector setting I am going to be working on. I have some things to run by you.