PDA

View Full Version : The Artwork Rules!!!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
5 April 2002, 05:56 PM
Ghost's artwork is awesome. Just felt like sharing. Keep it up man.

Rouge8
5 April 2002, 07:35 PM
Yes excellent artwork. I can only say wow.

Aaron B'Aviv
5 April 2002, 07:37 PM
I agree. As soon as I saw it, I went over immediately to the SWRPGNetwork board, where I normally don't visit.

Ghost in the Holocron, your work will only make a great site that much better.

NilAdmirari
5 April 2002, 07:46 PM
I agree with you whole heartedly...I love all the ships and the looks but I like the other picture of the t'landa til I've seen...I think it was the picture in the Guide To Alien Species that was recently released, note that its not a WOTC or an RPG book but rather a part of the Guide To series they've been making.

I'm trying to think of somethings that I'd want to see in art form but nothings coming to mind right now. I know that I'd love to see some generic maps of things like stormtrooper barracks, Destroyer deck plans, partial Deathstar decks, communication bases, bacta facilities, prison camps, yavin temples, wookie villages, bars, nightclubs...that sort of thing. Having a bit of a concrete visual on some of these places would help immensely. Congrats with the first artist to join up though. You guys should just accept art from basically anybody, as long as its decent, for stats that you guys have no picture for.

And does Ghost do more traditional character sketches or is mainly a tech/ship/weapons sort of artist? I'd love to see renditions of the Solo children, Kip Duron, Danni, and some other NJO stuff that we don't often see. Very few of the pics of the Solo children I've seen seem to please me. Every pic of Anakin just seems completely stupid and way too innocent looking and not at all in the way he's portrayed in the actual series. Just my two cents. But keep it up Ghost...I love what you've done, the contributions won't go unnoticed.

Bjorn
5 April 2002, 08:22 PM
Great art work Ghost! It adds a whole new level to SWRPGNetwork. Keep 'em coming. ;)

darth maim
5 April 2002, 10:35 PM
I agree... As an artist I've seen some lousy work for this type of thing... I really like what I see. By the way what was used to do these? I do both pen and ink work and computer graphics....

hmmm... well Ghost looks like yet another similarity we share...

:D

Seriously though oh clone o' mine... keep up the good work.

Ghost In The Holocron
6 April 2002, 02:21 AM
Thank you for the kind words, all. I'm glad you like them.

NILADMIRARI: Actually, my biggest problem has always been a lack of references (I own no SW books beyond four of the d20 manuals). So I didn't know a visual for the T'landa Til already existed. In general, I'm focusing on SWRPGNetwork's original stats and other material on the site that hasn't yet been visually represented -- so we can offer something "all new" to use.

So if anyone is aware of any current SWRPG stats entry with absolutely no visuals yet published, PM me so I know about them. It will help me organize my list of things to doodle.

DARTH MAIM: I used sign pens and sharpies for those. Then cleaned up a bit and added some greyish trim using Photoshop. I am still actually a little color-shy (at least where digital color is concerned) since I don't want to overly dabble with things I'm not that good at yet. In the future, I might occasionally do some watercolor washes on my junk prior to scanning. We'll see...

Nazgul
6 April 2002, 05:47 AM
All I have to say is Wow!!!!!

Those are really sweet. :)

Sil7
6 April 2002, 06:36 AM
Woah!8o Would that it 'twer I could draw like that....... Great job Ghost!

Sil7

Armage Bedar
6 April 2002, 07:35 AM
<b>NilAdmirari</b>, I just explain it by saying the image is that of the *female* T'landa Til. That nice pic in the Essential Guide is of the male, in my opinion :-)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 April 2002, 12:32 PM
"Great shot Red two!!!" :D just had to say compliments sw style :)

whoops, and i posted a congrats thread in the chaos & misc earlier :p

Jake Sunspot
15 April 2002, 10:29 PM
Damn fine work Ghost, a welcome addition to a fine site:D