PDA

View Full Version : Any Artwork Suggestions?

Ghost In The Holocron
6 April 2002, 09:07 PM
As some of you may already know, I've been tasked with the glad duty of putting out sketches for SWRPGNetwork's material. In general, I'm trying to focus on making pictures for:
Entries that no one has any pre-existing artwork of.
Entries with both d6 and d20 stats.
Entries that you think are nice and koovy enough to warrant a picture.
So, if anyone is aware of any SWRPGNetwork entries currently in the database that fall under the above general categories, kindly post them on this thread. Preferrably linked to if you can manage it.

No promises about what will actually come out or when, since I usually just end up letting the Force guide me. But your suggestions would really help me organize my list of to-doodle things.

Thanks!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 April 2002, 09:59 PM
Sure!!!

A large selection of Female Twi'leks ... not just the usual dancers either... but somethin that'll comply with the various classes & PrC's ...

And uhhh.. anything else ya wanna add to the list ;)

Hmm, come to think of it, theres lots of species / races that dont have much or barely any artwork done for... I myself ended up finding an aayla secura pic to edit and recolor to use for my female twi'lek char

Nazgul
7 April 2002, 08:28 AM
Sith Blade, :)

But that's just me... ;)

Alun
7 April 2002, 08:54 AM
Thats great Ghost.

I dont have any ideas of the top of my head. (besides all the artwork i need for my personal ws, but thats another story).

kewl for helping out the site. I had been thinking that it would be kewl if some of the entries would have pictures to help with visuals.

Give the man a medal.

Now we just need a volunteer to start creating deck plans for some of all thse ships.

Rouge8
7 April 2002, 02:42 PM
everythinG! Aliens and ships and gear first though

fury
8 April 2002, 06:13 AM
Expanding on the gear concept, I've noticed that most of the armor sets do not have images/decent looking images. In particular, a lot of the lightweight stuff (eg. Corellian 611 armor). I think I've seen a Hunt Suit image somewhere but I'm not sure. Basically anything in Gundark's that is image-free would be nice.

Thanks for taking on this job. Great work thus far.

Talonne Hauk
8 April 2002, 02:39 PM
I think lightsabers might be a good idea. Not only just some exotic and inspired exteriors, but also an internal schematic of sorts.
A drawing/diagram of an orbital shipyard would be useful.
Ship parts/mods. We know what a basic YT-1300 looks like, but what would it look like if I add a Verbenian Flam-shooter? (For lack of a real ship part.)
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Ghost In The Holocron
9 April 2002, 08:41 PM
Thanks for helping out, folks.

I'm looking at a few starships and droids (maybe the duellist elite) in my next installment -- no female Twi'leks yet unfortunately. An orbital station might also be in the works.

As for deckplans schematics for lightsabers: Sadly, I am horribly slow in that area so I'm not that ready yet to gun for such. Usually I prefer fast and loose sketches that give quick visual impressions rather than exact details.

As for gear: I don't know exactly what's already been done in Gundark's and such. So perhaps I'll get in touch with GMSarli over at conversions to see what he needs...

By the way: does anyone know if these have ever been drawn before in any published source: duellist elite droids (chain, cudgel, rapier), tri-fighter (the TIE clutch), the taozin? Thanks for the help.

If there's anything else, keep it coming folks.

PS: Naz, just read your work on that Sith Blade... good stuff. It deserves a visual, methinks. Will see what I can do...

Nazgul
10 April 2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Ghost In The Holocron
PS: Naz, just read your work on that Sith Blade... good stuff. It deserves a visual, methinks. Will see what I can do...

Ok, thanks. If you have any questions about it let me know, :)

ShmobyKnight89
10 April 2002, 02:07 PM
I know where to find a duelist elite, Ghost!! :D
It's from the essential guide for droids. I'll attach it. Anyway, this is only the rapier, you'll have to be creative for the chain or cudgel.
Hope it helps :)

Ghost In The Holocron
10 April 2002, 05:23 PM
Hey, ShmobyKnight89! The scan will definitely help out. Thanks!

ShmobyKnight89
11 April 2002, 11:34 AM
No problem ghost, could ya give me a little credit for it??? Just a thought? :D

Jake Sunspot
15 April 2002, 10:20 PM
If you need suggestions how about WEAPONS, blaster pistols, blaster rifles, slugthrowers, heavy weapons, vibro weapons, and anything else you can think of. We need variety in our weaponry, there are litterally dozens of weapons mentioned in the various books (both D6 and D20) but there are very few pictures of these

Ghost In The Holocron
15 April 2002, 10:30 PM
Got that, Jake Sunspot. Thanks! Ships and critters still seem to be the demand right now -- apart from "everything!" ;) Will see what I can do about weapons variety, though.

Ghost In The Holocron
15 April 2002, 11:35 PM
By the way, does anyone know if these have been done anywhere and how they look like: new republic ranger gunship, the fosh alien species, the starlancer project custom starfighter (recently posted in the main stats database), and again the taozin.

Thanks for the help! :)

Chris Curtis
16 April 2002, 06:19 AM
Ghost, I can't help you with any of those except for the Republic Gunship. If you go to the following link you can see the LEGO version of the Gunship:

LEGO Republic Gunship (http://www.lego.com/starwars/episode/default.asp?prodid=7163)

Yes, granted, it is LEGO, but it's the only info I know about (of course, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, so I haven't been looking). I also happened to receive my set yesterday, and I can say that this is one kick-@$$ LEGO set. 8 minifigs and about 1.5 feet long!!

Moridin
16 April 2002, 09:16 AM
Chris, I think he meant the Ranger Gunship from the New Jedi Order novels.

dgswensen
16 April 2002, 10:26 AM
This site (http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/ns/index.shtml) has some third-party models of the New Republic Ranger Gunship at the bottom of the front page, along with some Vong ships and a Hapan Battle Dragon.

In case anyone is curious about the ships from Episode II, there is a collection of them here (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/ships/), including the "original" Republic gunship.

Hope that helps!

Chris Curtis
16 April 2002, 02:26 PM
> Chris, I think he meant the Ranger Gunship from the New Jedi Order novels.

Er... well... umm... Darnit, I knew I shouldn't have spoken up when I wasn't positive about what he was asking! :D

Regardless, it looks like dgswensen supplied some of the requested info anyway.

Ghost In The Holocron
16 April 2002, 06:50 PM
Ey, folks!

Chris: Sorry I wasn't so clear about it, but Moridin is right, I am asking about the New Jedi Order Era Ranger Gunship -- whose entry is here (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=101).

But, damn that Lego set looks good! You must be having tons of fun with yours -- judging from the enthusiasm! :)

dgswensen: Thanks for pointing that site out. And you say those are third-party -- and thus non-official -- models. Which I am now taking to mean that I've a free hand in designing this beauty...

(and to think I now have an entire afternoon to finally sketch... ah, life is good...) :D

Nova Spice
20 April 2002, 07:34 AM
Hey Ghost, I think you were one of two people that offered to draw my PCs for me a month or so back and now look where you are! Actually, I was going to see if I might be able to send in some NPC stats representing my group to Rigil in Submissions and perhaps you could draw pics of them. I'm sure others here at the Holonet and Network would have use for some new NPCs to adopt into their campaign. Would you have time to draw one or two of them?They are level 8 and will provide some interesting new allies and enemies? Just wondering what you think and if you would have the time?

Ghost In The Holocron
20 April 2002, 08:01 AM
...and will provide some interesting new allies and enemies? Just wondering what you think and if you would have the time?

Ey, Nova Spice. Actually, I have put some of the stuff that gets posted in Submissions on my list of things to-doodle. Characters would indeed be interesting. As I've been saying, it'll much easier for me to turn out artwork for stuff that's already on the site -- because then it's something that will be useful not only for the network but for the greater number of it's regular visitors and all us holo-joes and janes.

Problem is, I've been running dry recently and I'm working with things on the main site (www.SWRPGNetwork.com) as the main priority so folks may have to wait a while. I think the that drought is ending soon, though :)

But rest assured, I'm working on some stuff people need and want, based on the suggestions already posted here -- plus, of course, a number of other entries that have caught my eye. ;)

Good luck on your planned submissions -- I'll be keeping an eye out for them.

:)