PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Togorians (Conversions)

Unregistered
7 April 2002, 05:30 PM
Do Togorians have tails? Or is this not known?

TC-3
7 April 2002, 05:30 PM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=6b0e66106370f1245acfe60c0a33f6c4&id=904" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Togorians</a>" located on Conversions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

GMSarli
7 April 2002, 06:14 PM
Togorians do not have tails.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
8 April 2002, 03:11 PM
In the Paradise Snare Han remarks about how strange it is that such a feline species doesn't have a tail.

Unregistered
12 July 2002, 02:56 PM
OOOOO I like. Can't wait to use it in a game...

OverLord
13 July 2002, 05:34 AM
I used to be a Togorian in the D6 system, and the other players always made fun of me for not having a tail :mad:

(They must be crazy to make fun of a Togorian! :D )

Nova Spice
13 July 2002, 06:34 PM
In a previous campaign, one of my PCs used these stats created by Sarli for his character. His name was Shrike and he was a real terror in the melee arena! :p
I often wonder if WotC will make stats for this species, but I find that even if they did the stats probably wouldn't be as good! An excellent job was done with this species. Shrike made the campaign pretty fun if I do say. :D

Vanger Chevane
3 February 2003, 06:59 PM
the Intelligence & Wisdom penalties?

Togorian's aren't Stupid Goons.

They have a decent tech level, although it is limited by the society's decision to use mainly Solar Power to preserve their enviroment.

H'sishi has to be sharper than average for Karrde to keep her on as a member of his Bridge Crew, not Security. In Paradise Snare, Mrrov is an Engineer, and competent with starship cockpit systems.

Given, most Togorians would appear a bit "backward" compared to a Corellian for example, as they don't pay all that much attention to the rest of the galaxy. So some "common knowledge" may very well be lacking in a Togorian Character.

I understand the Charisma penalty as they aren't as suave as most galactic Citizens, and their size & appearance can be definitely unsettling, especially if you make one mad.

Males are obviously more on the primitive side, but I had a discussion with my GM over the fact that my Togorian Character has no base abilities like Survival in this template, even tho some of the basics of Hunting, Wilderness Survival, Endurance, etc. are part of his upbringing. This would be akin to making a player spend character points on aquiring a Climbing skill during char creation of a Wookie, otherwise they could never climb trees, despite what the known society is supposed to be like.

It'd be nice to see some adjustments made after going over what little source material exists, to make the two agree a bit more.

coldskier0320
4 February 2003, 03:22 AM
In agreement withVanger, i dont think the togorian deserves a -4 on int, possibly, the wis penalty is a bit undeserved too. The Cha penalty is definitely there, Also, i dont know that they should start out speaking basic. In Paradise Snare, Muurgh (i know it HAS to be spelled wrong) only spaeks very broken basic.

Vanger Chevane
4 February 2003, 02:37 PM
what little source material is out there (Muurgh & Mrrov in Paradise Snare & nother Young Solo book, and H'sishi in IIRC one of the Tales Novels), it depends. Muurgh's Basic wasn't very good, but it seems he learned partly by attrtion, as his main focus was finding Mrrov not learning to speak the language much more than necessary. Mrrov's Basic is portrayed to be quite good, and H'sishi mat not speak Basic at all.

Given Muurgh's (either 2 of 3 U's is the correct spelling, don't have the books to-hand right now) Intimidation Factor, and the possibility that a lot of ppl he dealt with wrote him of as non-too-smart, and didn't try to tutor Muurgh to improve his Basic until he met, and made friends with "Vykk Draygo". In the latter book, Muurgh's basic has backslid, implying he didn't think he'd really need to use it again once he was back on Togoria.

The situation & background to my Togorian char means he has to understand Basic & Speak it reasonably understandably. I've also given him an accent that reflects some "Alien" jaw structure & lack of prehensile lips, and keeps his Basic from being "too good". He's understandable, but sometimes, the other PC's are forced to think a bit about what he just said. :D

IMHO, Females may have some exposure to Basic, but as a default, Males would have to learn from scratch as very few males leave Togoria at all.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
4 February 2003, 05:05 PM
You guys understand that these stats pretty accurately reflect the original D6 stats that West End Games published in Galaxy Guide 4.

Vanger Chevane
5 February 2003, 03:44 PM
but more "reliable" source meterial has been put out since then.

IMHO it'd be nice to update the the conversion on the Holonet to incorporate it. I'd prefer to see stats on the site be a bit more current the the WEG books if possible.

Kuag
11 February 2003, 09:05 AM
Hmm, well I'm positive that we made Shrike with lesser negatives than those. I do remember the +2 in Con, Str, Dex, but I don't remember such an extreme intelligence penalty. I'm confident that in the creation of Shrike we used some different set of stat modifiers; I believe we used the ones found on that SW Dictionary (something like that) site that combined with this one over a year+ ago. Anyway, I can't imagine these creatures are less intelligent than Gamorreans who only suffer from a -2 Int. Really, I think it within reason to lessen the penalties slightly or provide for an additional bonus or two.