PDA

View Full Version : stat database submission?

leighangelj
8 April 2002, 08:24 AM
If I decided to make a database of sources for stats would anyone be interested?
Let me explain what I mean:
Have sections such as starfighters, alien races, etc. within each section would be a list of different stats for example within alien races: arkona, barabel, chiss, etc.... and next to each stat would be a link or links to the webpages where those stats could be found.
I ask because i have noticed a lot of requests for stats or D6 or d20 versions of stats that I have found on the net , I just didnīt find all of them on this site. Also, might free those who are in charge of conversions to do what hasnīt been converted yet first.

Just an idea:D
Hope to hear what yīall think soon

CoJo the Sane
20 April 2002, 10:21 AM
Sounds good to me. I'm a stats junkie myself :D Especially D6 character templates. I've got close to 200 in my "little" black GM book, and I'm always on the lookout for more.

leighangelj
21 April 2002, 07:39 PM
working on it. here's what i have so far. what do y'all think about the format?

Chris Curtis
22 April 2002, 05:26 AM
It looks like good information. However, the current format is pretty tough to read as it is. I would hope that a final version would be in a table or such.

Furthermore, I would contact each webmaster and make sure that they don't have any objection to having their material listed in the archive. Since you are planning on making the list public, asking permission would be the polite thing to do.

leighangelj
22 April 2002, 09:47 AM
It was in a table before i saved it as a text document so i could include it in the post. oh well, i've got time to get the kinks worked out.

As for the contacting the webmasters, thank you for the reminder. However, as it will probably take a while before i get anywhere near to making it public, i'll wait until a closer date.
Thanks much for the input.