PDA

View Full Version : For a better and brighter SWRPG Network...

Reverend Strone
8 April 2002, 08:01 PM
Here's a thought-

If SW Gamer does indeed (as it appears likely to) go the way of the proverbial Dodo, I have a suggestion for all that loose change we former Gamer-buyers will have weighing down our wallets.

What if we were to take our chunky little subscription refunds/ new year subscription/ newsagent Gamer price equivalent (whatever) and donate half of it to the SWRPGNetwork? In my mind that would be money well spent, and in the likely light of being Gamerless, what else would we be spending it on?

I'm sure with those kinds of funds, the ever industrious Webmasters of the Network would be able to deliver us all that we ever desired in SW Gamer, but without the WotC restrictions. It's incredible how much they've done for us already for us, with the limited resources they have had until now. This would help make the Network and Holonet a resource generated by gamers for the gamers, as it already is, but now with a budget worthy of its creators' energies and dreams.

It would surely mark the end of the infamous "Server Busy" message, and I for one, wouldn't cry about that.

What d'ya reckon guys? A cause worth digging deep for?

dgswensen
8 April 2002, 08:09 PM
I can spare a few bucks a month at the very least. Count me in.

Although I will have to set up some sort of reminder for myself; otherwise I'll forget to do it.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
9 April 2002, 02:21 AM
If my if they cancel the mag I'll give all of my refund.

Along with getting to hear input on the RPG from around the globe they put my stats on the web.

Bjorn
9 April 2002, 06:36 AM
I'm willing to donate all of my refund to the site. Its a small price for what they give us everyday.

Bjorn

Reverend Strone
9 April 2002, 11:58 AM
I'm willing to donate all of my refund to the site. Its a small price for what they give us everyday.

If my if they cancel the mag I'll give all of my refund.

You guys rock. I didn't dare suggest using all the refund, but I was kinda thinking it myself.

Good on you guys.

ij thompson
10 April 2002, 09:04 AM
Good idea, and count me in!

In fact, while I enjoyed Gamer, this site is worth more to me than SWG ever was...

ShmobyKnight89
10 April 2002, 02:21 PM
Count me in. With my refund, i'll help you guys out.
Does anyone know why SW Gamer is being cancelled??? :(

dgswensen
10 April 2002, 02:23 PM
If indeed it's being canceled (last I heard, it was on hiatus), "poor sales" is almost certainly the cause.

ShmobyKnight89
11 April 2002, 04:27 PM
i think that because the population of SW Gamers isn't as high as plain old star wars fans, so the Gamer was supposed to live up to the insider, and it didn't.:(
when you think about it, the RPG just came out within the last year or two, so maybe the public hasn't caught on yet. maybe the Gamer will come back, when WotC realizes, that it can do better
just some thoughts

Reverend Strone
11 April 2002, 05:09 PM
maybe the Gamer will come back, when WotC realizes, that it can do better

We can but hope.

Meantime, lets give our cash to the guys who are delivering.

Jake Sunspot
15 April 2002, 10:04 PM
I'm totally down for this idea. I would be happy to donate my refund. This site has been a valuable resource since it was 2 ;) and it just keeps getting better.